• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Transport Game (UK)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We appear to be stuck here for the night now, so we return in the morning for the 0646 First Kernow service 27 to Bodmin (Morrisons), arriving there at 0726 on Friday morning.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
We take the 8 minute walk to Lidl and catch the 0825 Plymouth Citybus service 11A to Bodmin Parkway Railway Station arriving there at 0835 on Friday morning.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
We take the 8 minute walk to Lidl and catch the 0825 Plymouth Citybus service 11A to Bodmin Parkway Railway Station arriving there at 0835 on Friday morning.

There is an earlier service to that available from Lidl......

Taking the same eight minute walk from Morrisons to Lidl (stop SMS : corgigjm), we then board the 0757 Plymouth Citybus service 11A to Tregonna (Post Box on the A389) that arrives there at 0904 on Monday morning.

Last edited:

Andy Pacer

Established Member
There is an earlier service to that available from Lidl......

Taking the same eight minute walk from Morrisons to Lidl (stop SMS : corgigjm), we then board the 0757 Plymouth Citybus service 11A to Tregonna (Post Box on the A389) that arrives there at 0904 on Monday morning.

Rules You should use the first available service to reach your destination after allowing for the minimum interchange time.

My destination was Bodmin Parkway station and the 0825 service is to the best of my knowledge the first service within the timeband so what is the problem? Does the 0757 which you quote also call at Bodmin Parkway?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Rules
  • You should use the first available service to reach your destination after allowing for the minimum interchange time.

• I think it is the mention of "the first available service" in the rules that may have caused the confusion, especially as both the postings used exactly the same 11A bus service.....one being of an earlier departure time than the other.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
My destination was Bodmin Parkway station and the 0825 service is to the best of my knowledge the first service within the timeband so what is the problem? Does the 0757 which you quote also call at Bodmin Parkway?

No, the 0757 goes the opposite direction, away from Bodmin.

Following the rules, to me the 0825 is the first available service in the direction you've desired. Just because it's the same service doesn't mean you have to take it in the opposite direction because that particular direction has an earlier service; that removes the freedom of choice. To me, the move to Bodmin Parkway is perfectly valid.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

Following the rules, to me the 0825 is the first available service in the direction you've desired. Just because it's the same service doesn't mean you have to take it in the opposite direction because that particular direction has an earlier service; that removes the freedom of choice. To me, the move to Bodmin Parkway is perfectly valid.

In which case, I shall strike through my challenged posting in the hope that no similar repercussions will then ensue, as happened the last time that I struck through a posting on this thread.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
In which case, I shall strike through my challenged posting in the hope that no similar repercussions will then ensue, as happened the last time that I struck through a posting on this thread.

In all honesty I may have got that wrong, but thats my understanding.

We enter the station and board the 0937 CrossCountry service 1S47 to Leeds, arriving there at 1600 on Friday afternoon.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We take the three minute walk to the bus station, where we board the 1740 First Halifax, Calder Valley & Huddersfield service 590 to Rochdale (Bus Station), arriving there at 1815 on Friday evening.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We take the seven minute walk to Oldham King Street Metrolink station, where we board the 1907 Metrolink service 5 to St Peter's Square, arriving there at 1937 on Friday evening.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
We take the 7 minute 0.4 mile walk to Oxford Road railway station and aboard the 2038 East Midlands Trains service to Nottingham arriving there at 2231 on Friday.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
We take the 7 min walk to The Nuthall, and catch the 2321 Trent Barton 'Rainbow 1' service to Langley Mill, Trent Barton Bus Garage arriving there at 2345 on Friday.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
That's it for the rest of the day, so in the morning we board the 0537 Trent Barton 'Rainbow One' service to Nottingham (The Whitemoor), arriving there at 0610 on Saturday morning.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
You shouldn't wait for more than two hours after the first available service (to any destination) has left, after allowing for the minimum interchange time.

Hi All, no problems at all with waiting slightly longer for a bus in the other direction - you’ve partially quoted the rules but neglected the next paragraph :) Hope this helps!

TP

DanTrain

That's it for the rest of the day, so in the morning we board the 0537 Trent Barton 'Rainbow One' service to Nottingham (The Whitemoor), arriving there at 0610 on Saturday morning.
Taking 8 minutes to walk the 0.4 miles to Wilkinson Street Tram Stop, we then board the 06:31 Nottingham Express Transit green line service to Hucknall, arriving at 06:47 Saturday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We take the eight minute walk to the bus stop opposite Vine Terrace, where we board the 0712 Trent Barton 'The Threes' service 3A to Nottingham City Hospital, arriving there at 0727 on Saturday morning.

DanTrain

We then board the 08:00 Trent Barton 'The Threes' service 3C to Mansfield Bus Station, arriving at 08:56 Saturday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Can't seem to find much else around so we then board the 1017 Stagecoach East Midlands service 28B to Rainworth (Southwell Road East), arriving there at 1048 on Saturday morning.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 1215 Marshalls of Sutton-on-Trent 'Fosseway Flyer' service 90 to Nottingham (Friar Lane), arriving there at 1305 on Saturday afternoon.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
We then board the 1526 Arriva Midlands service 29 to Leicester (St Margarets Bus Station), arriving there at 1630 on Saturday afternoon.