• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Wey-farer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Ooooh, a pair of complete Aston traction tarts! :D

I know, some people just can't decide which is 'their' class, talking of which sir, you seem to be spending a lot more time on 37's these days, all that splutter mileage you missed out on at the Lancs to enjoy the tractor, or was you just enjoying watching us excercise our vocal chords towards the Bury chavs :shock:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I will not reveal my source, but at this current point in time, the gen is kosher. Given the weather forecast, there will be some kind of rancid heat producing device on the back (a duff contraption or ronnie).

16svt on wnxx (the wcrc diesel chap) has confirmed it will be 2 class 20s and ronnie.

I know, some people just can't decide which is 'their' class, talking of which sir, you seem to be spending a lot more time on 37's these days, all that splutter mileage you missed out on at the Lancs to enjoy the tractor, or was you just enjoying watching us excercise our vocal chords towards the Bury chavs :shock:

Errr excuse me, I think my words were it "For a 20, it was rather good". Doesn't mean I rate them!

Anyway, so I don't get told off for "having a personal conversation in a thread"...anyone need 20307/310?

Established Member
Errr excuse me, I think my words were it "For a 20, it was rather good". Doesn't mean I rate them!

Well you liked it, so thats as good as rating it, that was until after it arrived on the freight on the night while waiting for 87015 to finally splutter in on the rat as it whistled away rather loudly and it does get annoying after a bit, they sound better under power 8-)

Anyway, so I don't get told off for "having a personal conversation in a thread"...anyone need 20307/310?

Both required gov, and looks like it will be staying that way ;)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Possibly will have a spare ticket from Oxford, not confirmed as of yet, will advise, contact me if interested.

Phoenix

Established Member
Locos for tomorrow are as follows:

57601 on the rear for heat

Thanks to J Course

Sounds good then cant wait now less than 24 hours to go.
I know the word excitied doesnt get used on forums much but who's going and who basically is jumping up and down in excitment.

D306

Established Member
Getting on at Oxford, along with some other members from here, but they don't know me. It's me mums birthday prezzie as well.

Phoenix

Established Member
I think I will be in C I wont be hard to find ill be the one getting too excited and ill be wearing a black beanie white fat trainers and ill have my camera round my neck and a man bag on my shoulder.

D306

Established Member
I think I will be in C I wont be hard to find ill be the one getting too excited and ill be wearing a black beanie white fat trainers and ill have my camera round my neck and a man bag on my shoulder.

Nope, I won't be hard to see either. Grey hoody with my camera round my neck and also my video camera in a small bag with me

class 313

Established Member
Well can we get a list of who is going.

I won't be hard to see, I will be in a black coat in jeans with my camera round me neck getting the shot in at Oxford and then getting on.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
No longer able to do the tour, but will be out to video it through Dilton Marsh. Will be filming, photting (and bellowing!) from platform 1 (ie, the Westbury-bound one). As will heart-of-wessex. I'm sure he'll be along to post a confirmation of that later ;)

Enjoy lads, we'll be mighty bleeding envious! And I guess we may even feel sorry for the poor people right by 57601...:p:lol:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
yes I will be there with my tripod at platfrom 1, so both of us at Dilton will probably overcrowd the station!

(those who have NO idea will find out :lol:)

Established Member
I won't be hard to see, I will be in a black coat in jeans with my camera round me neck getting the shot in at Oxford and then getting on.

I think there will be a few people in Jeans and a black coat :lol:

No longer able to do the tour, but will be out to video it through Dilton Marsh. Will be filming, photting (and bellowing!) from platform 1 (ie, the Westbury-bound one). As will heart-of-wessex. I'm sure he'll be along to post a confirmation of that later ;)

Enjoy lads, we'll be mighty bleeding envious! And I guess we may even feel sorry for the poor people right by 57601...:p:lol:

I thought you were a dead cert for this after telling us about your overnight move on Crewe station, what went wrong? :???:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I thought you were a dead cert for this after telling us about your overnight move on Crewe station, what went wrong? :???:

A need to get my life back on track for one thing...Sick to the back teeth of having big debts hanging over my head, so the money I'd have used for this tour has been diverted to [slowly] demolishing those.

I was well up for doing the tour, after all it's a cracking route and with a pair of lovely EE locos, but I shall still see it (I need 20307 for all-time). I can't go on it, but in the long-term I will be better off.

Anyway, having consulted FGW's timetable E and engineering works, we won't be at Dilton Marsh (risky connections or 3-hour fester before the tour passes...no ta) but instead down at Westbury. Added bonus of HSTs over Westbury East Curve too (can't bash them annoyingly, but will make for interesting photos).

The tour will be well on its way to Stafford by now, which means I should have been in bed by now to get some doss before heading out. To all on the tour, I hope it's a good run.

fred

I really really cant belive what i just heard 777fred was HAPPY ON THE PHONE and said "Meh missed the 20's soo what just a railtour" I was just like :|:|:| that is just ridiculous. What would you do stay at home or see 20's to Weymouth??!!

Established Member
I really really cant belive what i just heard 777fred was HAPPY ON THE PHONE and said "Meh missed the 20's soo what just a railtour" I was just like :|:|:| that is just ridiculous. What would you do stay at home or see 20's to Weymouth??!!

Rodney, I didn't stay home, you told me the wrong time, and I missed them. Stop trying to stir trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.