• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Third class rail travel on the way back - Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

34D

Established Member
I must, hand on heart, prior to my retirement, admit to have been a senior member of the top management at our consultancy who travelled first-class on railway lines where this was afforded.We also had an account with a company that offered the use of chauffeur-driven limousine fleet cars to areas that had no rail service.

I remember once travelling on a first advance (with my director) on the wrong train, on GNER as it then was. Thankfully we weren't questioned.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PermitToTravel

Established Member
I like the idea of a class below standard. Personally, I would make one coach on EC leeds-london 2+3 seating from a pacer and put all the £13 advance people there, leaving the 2+2 standard class seats for those of us with flexible tickets.

I would quite like to travel in "shipping container class" on an intercity journey, were there a suitable discount for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.