• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket changes as of tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a quick search and didn't see anything... (mod delete this please if it's been done!)

I read today at work that two changes are happening to tickets 05/10/2011

Firstly, to bring tickets in line with London travelcards, tickets are now valid until 0429 the following day instead of end of service as it is now.

Secondly, routes are being made more easy to understand. For example a ticket that currently says route NOT LONDON will now say NOT VIA LONDON.

A ticket that says route BARNHAM will now say VIA BARNHAM.

I think this is a good thing? What do we think?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I agree with the 0429 rule as it allows people to buy off peak day returns to go out for a night out, and not have to buy a new ticket to travel back as per the old rules.

and putting not via London instead of not London I think is a good move, but their is still a lot of confusing tickets in the UK ticket market.. :)

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Can I just re-iterate, as I did in the other thread, that I wouldn't expect many staff to know about this.

At the TOC I work for we have not had any briefing or information about these changes at all.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is already a thread on this, linked to by AndrewNTH. Please continue discussions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.