• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket collection code not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAPhil

Yesterday I purchased a St Albans to London Thameslink off peak return with Senior railcard discount via the GWR web-site. When I attempted to collect the tickets two and a half hours later none of the machines I tried recognised the code. The man at the booking office tried as well with the same outcome. As a result I had to purchase another ticket from the booking office. Fortunately there was no queue, so I didn't miss the train I was aiming for! Can anyone suggest the best way I can claim back the £9.15 from GWR?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just to check - when you received the ticket did it come with a barcode? Wondering if it was fulfilled as an e-ticket which means you can't collect a physical version for travel.

Either way, GWR are one of the easier TOCs to contact re ticket issues, just fill out this form: https://www.railhelp.co.uk/gwr/websupport

SAPhil

Thanks, definitely not an e-ticket. I've submitted the form - so fingers crossed!

Haywain

Veteran Member
There were national problems with ToD collection yesterday afternoon and this morning and it seems likely that this was what you encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.