• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ticket to Zone 1 or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee

Can anyone tell me how to search for a ticket from my station to London Zone 1 or Zone 2 (if that's even possible) on National Rail? I'm only interested in singles.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crehld

Established Member
When you say "to London Zone 1 or Zone 2" are you looking for a Travelcard product that will permit unlimited travel in that zone(s). Or are you looking for a simple ticket to a specific Zone 1/2 station?

Would also help to know where you station is.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Can anyone tell me how to search for a ticket from my station to London Zone 1 or Zone 2 (if that's even possible) on National Rail? I'm only interested in singles.

Just tried on NRES and it looks like you cannot enter London Zone U1*, but if you select any random zone 1 underground station name, (e.g. Oxford Circus) it plans a journey from where ever you are to that station, but when you click through to buy it will translate it into a fare to "London Zone U1"...

Wookiee

Just tried on NRES and it looks like you cannot enter London Zone U1*, but if you select any random zone 1 underground station name, (e.g. Oxford Circus) it plans a journey from where ever you are to that station, but when you click through to buy it will translate it into a fare to "London Zone U1"...

That makes sense. Cheers.

Wookiee

When you say "to London Zone 1 or Zone 2" are you looking for a Travelcard product that will permit unlimited travel in that zone(s). Or are you looking for a simple ticket to a specific Zone 1/2 station?

Would also help to know where you station is.

It was the latter. Coming from Southampton.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Just note that an add-on fare to an Underground Station is not normally valid to a National Rail destination, even if in the same zone.

paul1609

Established Member
The ticket vendors seem to vary in what tickets they sell to the Zones U. One of my frequent trips is Ashford Kent to London City Airport there is a through ticket but the only online retailer that Ive been able to buy it through is bizarrely Transpennine Express.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I suspect it's cheaper to get a ticket to London Terminals and use contactless for the underground but of the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.