• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tommy Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furnessvale

Established Member
Waiting for “you don’t know they’re Asian just from their names”.
Given the number of phone calls I receive from Indian sub continent scam lines, from people with a heavy accent called James, Tom, Ian or some such name, you never know! :D

WelshBluebird

Established Member
And so it continues. Drip, drip, drip.

It’s beginning to look like we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far. God only knows how many more cases are going to creep out of the woodwork.

The posters on this thread who seek to deny that there’s a big problem with Asian grooming gangs in this country should reflect on the below, and hang their heads in shame.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ences-against-children-in-yorkshire-f092x67zx

And yet people like Tommy Robinson will still claim the media and the courts are ignoring these issues and sweeping them under the carpet!

OneOffDave

It’s beginning to look like we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far. God only knows how many more cases are going to creep out of the woodwork.

The posters on this thread who seek to deny that there’s a big problem with Asian grooming gangs in this country should reflect on the below, and hang their heads in shame.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...ences-against-children-in-yorkshire-f092x67zx

Presumably you are going to report all abuse cases, not cherry pick those where the alleged perpetrators are just from one ethnic group

Bromley boy

Established Member
Presumably you are going to report all abuse cases, not cherry pick those where the alleged perpetrators are just from one ethnic group

It’s not a case of cherry picking.

The grooming gangs being discussed on this thread are all overwhelmingly composed of Bangladeshi/Pakistani men, unless you’re still in denial of this basic fact? It seems another one has just been discovered.

The below article sums things up rather well, particularly the shameful weakness of the left in confronting the issue:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/telford-and-the-left/

Stating Pakistani Muslim men are disproportionately represented in grooming gangs and gang rape is the grossest of understatements. A December 2017 report by Quilliam International found 84 per cent of men convicted of being members of grooming gangs from 2005 to 2017 are Pakistani Muslims. This is, to use the left’s favourite expression, problematic, as Muslims represent about only seven per cent of the UK population.

This awkward fact can be blamed for the deafening silence on the issue in the cultural mainstream. Regardless of the fact the Telford girls are seemingly textbook victims, the largely left-wing #metoo campaign and its adherents have turned their back on them.

The Left prefers instead taking down straight, white, wealthy men, and the glitz and glamour of exposing the culture of sexual exploitation in Hollywood. Engaging in this practice involves no political incorrectness, and no risk of being branded anything other than a victim. In addition, the protection from all critique by aggressive feminist hordes makes this public dialogue a very safe space.

As such, the #MeToo brigadiers wouldn’t dare risk a backlash by even alluding to the fact there could also be a culture of sexual exploitation within the ranks of Islam. After all, according to leftist rules of intersectionality, Islam scores more points on the victimology scale than gender. Especially if the females in question are white. For all the cultural Left cares, the Telford girls, branded with the smear of ‘rural, white, and working class’, can rot in obscurity. (One young teen claims she was ‘laughed at’ by her social worker when she told her she was being sold to Pakistani men for sex.)

What has also remained largely ignored is the profoundly racist nature of the attacks. Unsurprising, as the leftist ‘in vogue’ definition of racism involves an alleged power imbalance between whites and non-whites. According to the Left, only whites can be racist. However, the rape and sexual exploitation of ‘infidel’ girls and women is not a new concept within Islam. It goes back to Muhammad, who made it perfectly clear that his soldiers were permitted to rape female infidel slaves. Sure, other cultures have done the same over the course of human history, but only Islam is carrying it into a modern, prolific context.

Isis continued the practice when they kidnapped scores of Yazidi infidel women and girls from Iraq and sold them into sexual slavery. The grooming and rape for profit and pleasure seen in the towns of Northern England is a by-product of that same medieval attitude to non-Muslim (and usually white) women. This was evident in 2014, when seventeen men and one woman were tried for grooming and trafficking in Newcastle. All seventeen men were Muslim. Amidst the heinous details of the crimes, Newcastle Crown Court was also informed of the ‘contempt’ these men had for white women.

One piece of evidence was an incident in which one of the perpetrators was caught by a white, female ticket inspector travelling on public transport without a ticket. He yelled at her, ‘All white women are only good for one thing, for men like me to f–k and use as trash, that is all women like you are worth.’

To the minority of Muslim men who still subscribe to this attitude, white, unveiled females are neither chaste not protected, and are as such easy targets for sex. But the Left, while perfectly happy to screech about ‘white male privilege’, launch royal commissions into the Catholic Church, and fabricate statistics about ‘rape culture’ in residential colleges, continues to turn a blind eye when bad behaviour comes from one of their protected identity groups. To the Left, Islam is immune from critique, no matter the crime.

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
It’s not a case of cherry picking./

It does appear to be cherry picking when you choose, for example to ignore the long term abuse that has been going on in two Catholic Schools (Ampleforth, Downside) and indeed within the C of E. I realise that this thread is about Tommy Robinson (who certainly cherry picks)....abuse is prevalent in our society and is not the preserve of one particular culture.
And of course, The Spectator wouldn't have a particular agenda, would it?

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
Fascist ideology?

Are you saying that every follower of the religion of Islam is a fascist?

Can you provide critical analysis of the religion, it's tenets, it's, teachings, it's texts, that back up this assertion? Not selective quotes from religious texts mind.

No only based on the countries that are controlled by it - do you think you would live comfortably in one if you were openly gay or atheist ? I would judge it on the countries it controls not the ones it aspires to control. it's like the old communist argument - it's not communism that is wrong just how the governments and those in control interpret it. When it is in control it does not tolerate others and yes I would say that is damn well fascist.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I think people should have to pass an online exam before they’re allowed to call things fascist. It’s a lot more than just “not tolerating others”.

fowler9

Established Member

My point is we don't need a convicted violent offender to tell us about it.

fowler9

Established Member
Waiting for “you don’t know they’re Asian just from their names”.
Many westerners take a new name when they convert to Islam. You wouldn't know they were not asian just from their name. There does obviously seem to be an issue with men from Bengladeshi and Pakistani origin.

trash80

Established Member
Actually in many ways a strongly islamic country or society can be thought of as being "fascist" though in the original "all together against the other" meaning not black uniforms and jackboots. But then again many other things can be "fascist" in that way too.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Opposing a fascist ideology like islam is NOT racist.
Do you have a list of religions which you deem to be fascist, and do you have any source for this claim?

When someone says something like this, it makes me very concerned as to what their motives are.

Rail Blues

Rather shows the power of false allegations. It’s high time the names of those accused of sex crimes were kept confidential until conviction.

Public knowledge of proceedings, especially in cases involving historic sexual abuse is important to get other victims to come forward and to build a pattern of offending behaviour.

Bromley boy

Established Member
Public knowledge of proceedings, especially in cases involving historic sexual abuse is important to get other victims to come forward and to build a pattern of offending behaviour.

Wrong on all counts, I’m afraid...

Proceedings meaning what? Those “proceedings” (ie accusations) could arise from entirely false complaints.

How do we know the complainants are telling the truth, unless and until there is a conviction? It’s far more justiciable, in my view, for both sides to be kept anonymous until conviction.

Even the police have retreated from the (dangerous) mantra that all complainants should be automatically believed...

Rail Blues

How do we know the complainants are telling the truth, unless and until there is a conviction? It’s far more justiciable, in my view, for both sides to be kept anonymous until conviction.

We don't know, it is for the CPS and then ultimately jury to weigh the evidence. A detailed description by 30 individuals being groomed and abused in the same manner is far more compelling. How else would you build a case against someone who is a prolific sexual offender?

Proceedings meaning what? Those “proceedings” (ie accusations) could arise from entirely false complaints.

We don't know, that's why the evidence is reviewed by the CPS and aired in court. It isn't a case of saying 'X sexually abused me, great let's prosecute'. To build on my previous point the liklihood of say 10 victims unknown to one another, independently making up a similar pattern of abuse, in the same places, giving the same account, using the same grooming techniques, being sexually abused or raped in the same manner independently of one another, is tiny and is a matter for a jury to weigh up and decide on the credibility of.

So if the accused were kept anonymous, a single case against a repeat sexual offender would go ahead and would stand and fall on the basis of one person's evidence, that especially in historic cases could be dismissed by the accused as fantasy, misremembering, consensual activity and then in a liklihood never make it past the CPS, when out there there are other victims with virtually identical accounts, yet they would be unaware that their abuser had been arrested

Wrong on all counts, I’m afraid...

This isn't a question of being wrong or right, it is a matter of opinion and I happen to think your opinion is shortsighted and does fully account for the consequences of such an approach.

Bromley boy

Established Member
We don't know, it is for the CPS and then ultimately jury to weigh the evidence. A detailed description by 30 individuals being groomed and abused in the same manner is far more compelling. How else would you build a case against someone who is a prolific sexual offender?

But accusations are not evidence, in and of themselves. I also don’t agree that the accused (who is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty) should be named simply to encourage unknown others to come forward. Publishing their name might also encourage fantasists/attention seekers to make false allegations, especially where the accused is high profile/wealthy.

A case involving 30 individual complainants would likely result in charges being brought in the the strongest individual cases, with only these put to the jury (as generally happens in these cases). Anonymity of the accused would make no difference to this.

We don't know, that's why the evidence is reviewed by the CPS and aired in court. It isn't a case of saying 'X sexually abused me, great let's prosecute'. To build on my previous point the liklihood of say 10 victims unknown to one another, independently making up a similar pattern of abuse, in the same places, giving the same account, using the same grooming techniques, being sexually abused or raped in the same manner independently of one another, is tiny and is a matter for a jury to weigh up and decide on the credibility of.

So if the accused were kept anonymous, a single case against a repeat sexual offender would go ahead and would stand and fall on the basis of one person's evidence, that especially in historic cases could be dismissed by the accused as fantasy, misremembering, consensual activity and then in a liklihood never make it past the CPS, when out there there are other victims with virtually identical accounts, yet they would be unaware that their abuser had been arrested

If that single case goes ahead and the accused is found guilty, his name would be published then and other victims could come forward at that point.

We have seen a number of cases recently where, due to political pressure to increase convictions, the CPS has said “great let’s prosecute” with no more evidence than one person’s word against another (and even cases where the police has sat on evidence that the accuser was lying). In each of these cases the men involved have been subjected to public trials and potentially had their lives ruined (as it is impossible to prove a negative), all on the say so of an anonymous accuser.

Quite simply it should be a level playing field: if accusers are allowed the benefit of anonymity in these cases then so should the defendants, up until conviction.

Last edited:

Geezertronic

Established Member
And yet people like Tommy Robinson will still claim the media and the courts are ignoring these issues and sweeping them under the carpet!

And ironically he may have had somewhat of a point about Disbury Mosque when interviewed and shot down on Good Morning Great Britain by Piers Morgan in June 2017. So the media share a responsibility when it comes to the population of the man because interviews such as that feed the support when allegations come to light via the mainstream media

bnm

Established Member
What a shame a sinkhole didn't open up outside the Old Bailey this morning.

A couple hundred knuckle dragging neanderthals could have been swallowed up.

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon's re-trial for contempt of court has been adjourned until October.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
He's still being a total bell-end.

BBC News - Rape charity gets abusive calls after Tommy Robinson post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47260020

I do hope a charge of incitement can be pinned on him.

Good lord, he really is an idiot, isn't he? I'm generally pro free speech (on a US model, i.e. *totally* free), but he really does make it very hard for me to retain that view, and he is cruising quite close to inciting racial hatred with that latest tirade.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Do you have a list of religions which you deem to be fascist, and do you have any source for this claim?

When someone says something like this, it makes me very concerned as to what their motives are.

Pretty much all of the religions, barring Buddhism, have "nasty bits" if you read their texts literally. The problem is people who do that, not the actual religions.

If you read the Koran (which I have done, albeit an English translation as I don't speak Arabic) you will see lots of things that "make sense" - e.g. it's a good idea not to eat pork when you're in the middle of a desert with no refrigeration, as odds on if you do you're going to get very sick. There's no harm, of course, in anyone interpreting that as meaning you shouldn't eat pork ever, and I'd imagine plenty of pigs are, if they're adequately self-aware, quite happy for that to be the case, and really, to me, what anyone shoves down their gullet is up to them - if you don't want to eat pig, don't, the reason why not is none of my business.

I'd also be inclined to suggest, the prayer aside, that the methods of preparing Halal meat that are prescribed were for very similar reasons - meat with blood still present very quickly becomes unhealthy to eat in hot temperatures. Though again, as long as they stun first (which I believe is a legal requirement in the UK), who cares?

But just like the Bible etc there are things that really should not be read literally, such as things like jihad/Crusading - and anyone who doesn't read them with a pinch of salt to derive a sensible modern meaning (such as a struggle to understand and live by the religion, or to fight for peoples' rights) is really being a bit thick, whatever their religion.

fowler9

Established Member
Pretty much all of the religions, barring Buddhism, have "nasty bits" if you read their texts literally. The problem is people who do that, not the actual religions.

If you read the Koran (which I have done, albeit an English translation as I don't speak Arabic) you will see lots of things that "make sense" - e.g. it's a good idea not to eat pork when you're in the middle of a desert with no refrigeration, as odds on if you do you're going to get very sick. There's no harm, of course, in anyone interpreting that as meaning you shouldn't eat pork ever, and I'd imagine plenty of pigs are, if they're adequately self-aware, quite happy for that to be the case, and really, to me, what anyone shoves down their gullet is up to them - if you don't want to eat pig, don't, the reason why not is none of my business.

I'd also be inclined to suggest, the prayer aside, that the methods of preparing Halal meat that are prescribed were for very similar reasons - meat with blood still present very quickly becomes unhealthy to eat in hot temperatures. Though again, as long as they stun first (which I believe is a legal requirement in the UK), who cares?

But just like the Bible etc there are things that really should not be read literally, such as things like jihad/Crusading - and anyone who doesn't read them with a pinch of salt to derive a sensible modern meaning (such as a struggle to understand and live by the religion, or to fight for peoples' rights) is really being a bit thick, whatever their religion.
I'm not sure how it relates to their texts but there are plenty of violent Buddhists in Sri Lanka and Myanmar.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Robinson guilty again according to the High Court.

Tommy Robinson guilty over Facebook broadcast https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48887440

Ex-English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson has been found in contempt of court for his Facebook Live broadcast of defendants in a criminal trial.
High Court judges ruled his conduct "amounted to a serious interference with the administration of justice".

kevconnor

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon already previously a convicted fraudster, assaulting an off duty police officer and being in possession of a false identity document with improper intention now convicted of contempt of court.

Darandio

Established Member
Yet he still believes he has been convicted "for who I am, not what I have done".

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I guess he knows his target market: a group of people who expressed frustration against mass immigration into the country.

He will say things that they like to hear.
Pretty succinctly summed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.