• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE - New Positions and Application Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas69

Ive heard the Scotland to Liverpool routes being mentiones a lot but with refranchise due in a couple of years
I wonder XC or ICWC take these
Routes?

Think its very likely it will stay as tpe due to how successful they have been and the anount of businesd awards they have won. Best TOC around in my eyes

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evertonian

The spell checker is proving a big pain in the bum by rejecting postcodes on my cover letter. It is also saying "Dear", is an inappropriate word!! Any suggestions. Please.

Silv1983

From an earlier discussion a cover a letter is not needed for this role.
Regarding the spellchecker: it's very American and should be taken with a pinch of salt. I highly doubt they don't read to make sure. Whilst my application didn't have any spelling errors: it challenged a few words which simply weren't in its database. Well, at least I hope they double check!

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just sent off my application for this job, as my dad lives fairly close to Sheffield - within the maximum travelling time allowed. Found the application form to be quite clunky, but didn't have any major problems.

Good luck to all those who've applied.

martin2345uk

Established Member
Maybe we all had British spellings and inappropriate words such as "always".

I hold out no hope for this, roll on Northen's next recruitment drive!

kleb15

to be honest, even if you get through, i reckon you're gonna be waiting about a year, i applied for a job with FCC, and i didn't get rejected, this was the start of June, and got an email from them today, asking me to bear with them, and this is for a job that will probably have about maybe 1/4 or 1/2 the applications the trainee driver job will have. Like everyone says with TOC, don't hold your breath, and it seems to be true, i mean i still apply for jobs with them, but there's other jobs that need the same level of qualifications and pay better, and have less applicants, so i'm looking more towards them as well as the trainee driver jobs.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Shocking. There must be hundreds of decent applications in by now surely.

Thousands lol
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Maybe we all had British spellings and inappropriate words such as "always".

I hold out no hope for this, roll on Northen's next recruitment drive!

If we are successful and at end of training you may well find we are working for Northern :)

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I think I can write this one off as a serious opportunity, just hope my applications elsewhere go alright. It's not like I've got a job to support me if they aren't looking to take people on straight away - and pushing the date back isn't exactly a good sign. Still, you never know!

SkinnyDave

Established Member
I think I can write this one off as a serious opportunity, just hope my applications elsewhere go alright. It's not like I've got a job to support me if they aren't looking to take people on straight away - and pushing the date back isn't exactly a good sign. Still, you never know!

Liverpool is a new depot so may be looking at getting qualified drivers in place etc but by the time succesful candidates are through the training process the Franchise extension wont have long to go

Beveridges

Established Member
They have put the bleeding closing date back to 13th August

Shocking. There must be hundreds of decent applications in by now surely.

The application form website is so horrendous that they probably don't have enough applications. How many people have the patience to battle with such a user unfriendly interface like this one?

E16 Cyclist

Liverpool is a new depot so may be looking at getting qualified drivers in place etc but by the time succesful candidates are through the training process the Franchise extension wont have long to go

The qualified drivers closing date has been pushed back as well

shroeder

I can agree that the TPE application site is nowhere as user friendly as the Northern site but I have to say I didn't think it was too bad. I don't like the fact you cannot access the answers you have the four questions though. Thankfully I have kept them in Word as I copied and pasted so I can refer back to that if needs be.
Just applied incase I'm not successful with Northern. Very strange that they have extended the deadline though - they must have already been snowed under with applications!

Beveridges

Established Member
Probably about 1000 "attempted" to apply, but 900 gave up in frustration after struggling with the user interface for hours

doubleamber

Managed to get mine filled in!!

put down sheffield for my depot, love the way theyask the question, are you happy about starting on 18K!! not bad for a training wage, but still a big pay cut, oh well!!! :roll::roll:

Lanc688

Managed to get mine filled in!!

put down sheffield for my depot, love the way theyask the question, are you happy about starting on 18K!! not bad for a training wage, but still a big pay cut, oh well!!! :roll::roll:

Do keep in mind though, that FTPE training wage although on the low side jumps quickly to a decent amount on initial qualification. Some of the other TOCs seem to graduate their increments at a much slower pace.

Top rate about 44k too, which isn't bad and so it's gotta be worth a fairly large belt tightening exercise for a year.

I would be taking over a 50% cut myself for this, but to start another good career needs to be seen as the light at the end of the tunnel. I assume for the first year there aint going to be much of a chance to let loose on any spending sprees anyway. 'Speculate to accumulate'.

PS....anyone here been through the FTPE recruitment process before? where are tests and interviews carried out?

Regards
Lanc

Status
Not open for further replies.