• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE services allocated for Double units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Nothing on Journey Check today, so will 05:05 Cleethorpes to Airport be 6 and 06:26 Cleethorpes to Airport be 3, as it's only due to be 6 Monday to Thursday?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Killingworth

Established Member
Nothing on Journey Check today, so will 05:05 Cleethorpes to Airport be 6 and 06:26 Cleethorpes to Airport be 3, as it's only due to be 6 Monday to Thursday?

Work from home Friday, regular users who are able to take a day off from the scrum do so. Hard to know if that's chicken or egg but TPE had noted it and the 05.05 used to be 3 on Fridays. Observed at Dore that Friday loadings on all trains are lighter than Monday-Thursday (car park may have spaces on Fridays) but TPE is where the reduction is greatest.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Work from home Friday, regular users who are able to take a day off from the scrum do so. Hard to know if that's chicken or egg but TPE had noted it and the 05.05 used to be 3 on Fridays. Observed at Dore that Friday loadings on all trains are lighter than Monday-Thursday (car park may have spaces on Fridays) but TPE is where the reduction is greatest.

That'll probably be to strengthen North services as I can't see TPE wanting units just stood idle especially at this time of year with Xmas and all of its associations (parties, markets etc.)

johnnychips

Established Member
0708 Sheffield to Manchester was three today despite the seemingly unalterable mechanical announcement it was six.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
0708 Sheffield to Manchester was three today despite the seemingly unalterable mechanical announcement it was six.
TPE seem to advertise services as 6-car on the PIS even if the rear three are locked out. At Huddersfield, they'll stop at the 3-car stopping point if only the front set is in use, so if you've seen the boards saying 6 and walked down, you'll have to walk back again!

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Well it's the first day of the new timetable and nothing on Journey Check. So has nothing gone over to 6-car today, and I await tomorrow's Journey Check with baited breath?

40C

This morning I have seen 6 car trains on 1B68 Manchester-Cleethorpes and 1B75 Cleethorpes-Manchester stopping at Habrough with rear units unoccupied and blocking the crossing.

BHXDMT

There are a couple of 6 car sets out today on the South route, although one of mine which is diagrammed 6 is 3.

All 6 should be in use Manchester to Scunthorpe and Doncaster to Manchester, the rear 3 being locked beyond these points due to Habrough (weekdays should see some Conductors assisting, which means all 6 may be in use).

Jamesrob637

Established Member
09:00 into Manchester Piccadilly still only 3-car today and nothing on Journey Check!

Last edited:

Killingworth

Established Member
6 cars on 6.53 from MIA. Rear 3 not in use after Scunthorpe. Plenty of room after Stockport.

7.14 and 8 14 from Dore both had only 3 instead of 6.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
6 cars on 6.53 from MIA. Rear 3 not in use after Scunthorpe. Plenty of room after Stockport.

7.14 and 8 14 from Dore both had only 3 instead of 6.

Wrong way then haha! Oh that's bad that 07:14 from Dore was only 3 and nowt on Journey Check - very poor. I will see the 08:14 from Dore all of this week if the weather remains ok and it's more or less on time.

naverag

0808 from Sheffield (0626 from Cleethorpes) was 6 coaches today... but was then half an hour late mostly due to having to wait at Sheffield for a member of staff - I'm guessing a second guard - who had been delayed coming from Manchester.
1818 from Manchester Piccadilly (1753 from Manchester Airport) was also 6 coaches last night, so maybe the promised "6 coaches on most South Transpennine trains" is actually coming true!

Jamesrob637

Established Member
0808 from Sheffield (0626 from Cleethorpes) was 6 coaches today... but was then half an hour late mostly due to having to wait at Sheffield for a member of staff - I'm guessing a second guard - who had been delayed coming from Manchester.
1818 from Manchester Piccadilly (1753 from Manchester Airport) was also 6 coaches last night, so maybe the promised "6 coaches on most South Transpennine trains" is actually coming true!

Glad the TPE was late - with a double Northern 331 on the Blackpool to Hazel Grove, I don't think my heart would have coped seeing so many double trains around Stockport within such a short space of time :lol:
What am I gonna do on Friday if the Cross Country at 09:00 is a double also?! Think I might have to station an ambulance on the local crossroads!

YorkshireBear

Established Member
The 07:07 off Leeds (ex Hull) to Manchester Piccadilly is meant to be a 6 car, it was monday but not since. With all the peak stops between Huddersfield and Stalybridge it is now full and standing and yesterday left people at Mossley and Stalybridge and today just at Stalybridge. These services have to be 6 car if not then this will just happen every day until everyone gives up.

Killingworth

Established Member
08:08 from Sheffield only 3-car again today and nothing on Journey Check

And 7.08 was as well, although 6 almost empty coaches went the other way at Sheffield to really wind up those who were struggling to get aboard. Some gave up and waited for the following EMR - which was 7 minutes late.

Jamesrob637

Established Member

Typical it's 6 the day it's half an hour late so I can't witness the amazing spectacle :lol:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
The 07:07 off Leeds (ex Hull) to Manchester Piccadilly is meant to be a 6 car, it was monday but not since. With all the peak stops between Huddersfield and Stalybridge it is now full and standing and yesterday left people at Mossley and Stalybridge and today just at Stalybridge. These services have to be 6 car if not then this will just happen every day until everyone gives up.

Tuesdays are a very busy commuting day, Wednesdays a little less so. Still poor though.

SuperNova

And 7.08 was as well, although 6 almost empty coaches went the other way at Sheffield to really wind up those who were struggling to get aboard. Some gave up and waited for the following EMR - which was 7 minutes late.

To note: Northern Cl. 323 Derailment at Ardwick meant TPE couldn't get 6 trains off depot on Tuesday - plenty of trains displaced around the network due to this as the situation lasted all day.

Killingworth

Established Member
To note: Northern Cl. 323 Derailment at Ardwick meant TPE couldn't get 6 trains off depot on Tuesday - plenty of trains displaced around the network due to this as the situation lasted all day.

Whatever happened yesterday the 7. 08 from Sheffield was 3 car again today, a train that had been 6 for the last 2 years until the Novas arrived!

BeHereNow

Really odd that the displaced trains has happened 60 days in a row, such bad luck. Incredible really.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
I've given up relying on Journey Check for short-forms as it always says 0 when in reality there are several! 06:26 Cleethorpes to Airport was only 3-car again today - surely if this is booked for 6 Monday to Thursday then Journey Check needs to be updated?

Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Whatever happened yesterday the 7. 08 from Sheffield was 3 car again today, a train that had been 6 for the last 2 years until the Novas arrived!

I rely on the good folk of this forum regarding that service - the way my shifts are, I'd never see that one unless it ran almost an hour late for some reason!

ZL exile

1453 Manchester Airport - Cleethorpes ran load 6 , rear 3 locked out. Full and standing arrive and depart Sheffield. As usual TPE and their owners have no interest in their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.