• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nz19

From people who have got past the first stage before and been invited to an assessment day for any TOC, what’s usually the gap between the email and the assessment day? I doubt they will do a December day as they stated, seems a bit of a short time to prepare.
I have heard that you can be given 2 weeks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

8J

OPC ask you before starting the tests if you've received the practice materials at least 7 days before the start date

Nz19

2 weeks, 2 days, 2 months or even longer nobody knows except for HR at TPE so best bet is to just wait and see rather than people guessing
I think we including myself are just anxious about the replies. When I have applied for jobs outside rail I hear back the same or next day.

TeaTrain

The best thing to do now is to forget about it until news arrives. Good or bad. The railway is not like other jobs/ careers. It can take months and months before moving to the next stage. When I was a guard the whole process was nearly two years. One for the interview process the other for the course to start. And that was for a course where they needed people 'quickly'. It really is unhealthy to just sit and wait. Just my opinion.

LimaLlama

The best thing to do now is to forget about it until news arrives. Good or bad. The railway is not like other jobs/ careers. It can take months and months before moving to the next stage. When I was a guard the whole process was nearly two years. One for the interview process the other for the course to start. And that was for a course where they needed people 'quickly'. It really is unhealthy to just sit and wait. Just my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. Just carry on with your life until that time comes, otherwise you'll go insane.

JLyons

I think we including myself are just anxious about the replies. When I have applied for jobs outside rail I hear back the same or next day.

welcome to the railway, you’re certainly not gonna hear next day - and being anxious about replies / fretting / worrying etc are these the qualities of a potential train driver?

ST

Does anyone know how TPE salary increases work? I know other TOCs ramp up it over 3 years for example until you are on full whack. Is it the same for TPE, if so what are the increases annually?

Cheers.

Frankfurt

Does anyone know how TPE salary increases work? I know other TOCs ramp up it over 3 years for example until you are on full whack. Is it the same for TPE, if so what are the increases annually?

Cheers.

Full whack once passing out, as it should be imo.

Octopus28

Cheers.

• Salary during training: £24,000pa
  • Salary once qualified: £58,000 pa

TeaTrain

Just to let you know you should be hearing something soon. I just got asked onto an assessment date so no doubt others will hear. Good luck everyone!

Calshaw21

Fingers crossed guys, they normally take a few hours to get to everyone if I'm not mistaken.

na281093

Good to hear, I’ve not heard anything back just yet but hopefully tonight / tomorrow an email comes through.

TeaTrain

No doubt you will hear soon. There was two dates for me to choose from with two different times slots. Again Good luck to everyone!

Biker

Just got email inviting me to assessment day, really pleased. Hope everyone else hears soon.

feaky4

I know I wont get one this'll be my 7th failed attempt guess I'll be trying to progress in my current job

Stigy

Established Member
I know I wont get one this'll be my 7th failed attempt guess I'll be trying to progress in my current job
With an attitude like that you’re set up to fail. It’s a difficult journey, and you’re at no less of an advantage as anybody else.

davye

Hi guys, been offered an assessment day, only thing is it’s in Leeds and I’m in Glasgow, has anyone been offered assessments elsewhere, I’ve emailed to ask if anything closer will be coming up before I commit to travelling to Leeds for a day.

Rover77

Not heard anything. Does that suggest I've been unsuccessful as the ones being invited to assessment days have had the emails?
Or would they contact people by depots?

na281093

I wouldn’t worry if you haven’t got an email yet, I assume they have thousands of applications to get back to. Also I’d guess they would email to let you know if you’ve been unsuccessful rather than just not get back to you. Just sit back and wait, it’s out of our hands at the end of the day.

TeaTrain

There has probably been many many applicants. They are more than likely working their way through it so stay positive. We do not know their methodology to sifting. It could be by depot or something else. You may hear something tomorrow now.

LRV3004

Not heard anything yet either myself, but regardless of the outcome, successful or not, an e-mail should still be sent.

Coopes1710

Hi guys, been offered an assessment day, only thing is it’s in Leeds and I’m in Glasgow, has anyone been offered assessments elsewhere, I’ve emailed to ask if anything closer will be coming up before I commit to travelling to Leeds for a day.
I haven’t heard anything yet so if you want I will take yours at Leeds :D

TeaTrain

Hmmm. Would it not be best to complete your training first and get your license? Then think about transferring elsewhere. I think that would be wiser. But that is a personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.