• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TeaTrain

Does anyone in the know believe that they got sufficient applicants for every requested depot through tests and interviews and ready for training, and when the three training starts are likely to be now considering the virus implications, and also could some applicants have changed minds as a result either forced or by choice opening up new spaces?

I managed to secure a place before everything with covid. The people who were offered and signed contracts are on the base training salary and staying home. From me reaching out to HR there is no new start date in sight until the learning team works out how they can teach in a safe manner. Until then orders are stay at home and wait.

There is no way of telling if they had enough applicants for each depot. I guess only internal staff will know that. As for the other later start dates, I am guessing it won't be for a very long time. They will have to reduce class size even for the few who were starting end of March.

CreamNCookies

I don't think anyone who applied for Newcastle had a DMI before everything was put on hold, could be wrong though.

I applied for NCL, passed all tests and just waiting for DMI. Received an email yesterday saying its all on hold for the depot i applied for for now and will let me know when it will resume asap.

But they are going to start recruiting for Liverpool and Sheffield soon.

dan4291

I applied for NCL, passed all tests and just waiting for DMI. Received an email yesterday saying its all on hold for the depot i applied for for now and will let me know when it will resume asap.

I got that email too, reassuring that something will happen eventually. Looks like we're at the same stage!

Manda2194

Interesting. Does that mean they will start a fresh drive for Liverpool and Sheffield or just progress the applications from last year?

Fokx

Do you think that means they will launch a new campaign as well. I applied last year and was gutted when I failed.

At present, new courses for all traincrew roles aren’t scheduled until October at the earliest. (Not including those currently awaiting training)

Manda2194

At present, new courses for all traincrew roles aren’t scheduled until October at the earliest. (Not including those currently awaiting training)

So that is when they will open up applications again potentially

Thanks for all your help by the way guys

8J

Liverpool and Sheffield recruitment starting up? That pretty much adds up to me that TPE will be taking over the Liverpool - Nottingham work from EMR.

Out of interest, did the email candidates receive state that Liverpool and Sheffield depot would be recruiting or has this info come from somewhere else?

CreamNCookies

I got that email too, reassuring that something will happen eventually. Looks like we're at the same stage!

They'll need train drivers eventually after all this has blown over, so im pleased to of got that email.

they've imvested a fair bit on us by putting us through psychometric tests.

In the past ive just been forgotten about by other tocs, even after having interviews and me contacting them.

CreamNCookies

Liverpool and Sheffield recruitment starting up? That pretty much adds up to me that TPE will be taking over the Liverpool - Nottingham work from EMR.

Out of interest, did the email candidates receive state that Liverpool and Sheffield depot would be recruiting or has this info come from somewhere else?

Here's an extract from the email

"We will shortly be recruiting for additional Trainee Drivers at our Liverpool and Sheffield depots. Please note if your current application is for one of these locations, this will automatically be transferred to the latest campaign, you are not required to do anything.

However, should your application not be for one of these locations but you wish for your application to be transferred, please request this by emailing [email protected]. "

8J

Here's an extract from the email

"We will shortly be recruiting for additional Trainee Drivers at our Liverpool and Sheffield depots. Please note if your current application is for one of these locations, this will automatically be transferred to the latest campaign, you are not required to do anything.

However, should your application not be for one of these locations but you wish for your application to be transferred, please request this by emailing [email protected]. "

Excellent. Thanks for that. It is good news and looks promising for Liverpool depot.

gr4991

TPE trainee driver roles for Liverpool and Sheffield have now gone live on the careers page for applications

TeaTrain

Good luck to those picking this back up!

Can I ask where you heard this? I am currently being paid the training wage but not started any of the training having been successful for TPE MAN PIC. When I contacted the learning department they said there is no forseeable date to resume/ start training.

I realise you said that it it doesnt include those waiting for training but technically I would be on a new course as I have barely done anything other than 2 zoom days.

Thanks in advance.

Yabba

No mate. I have not had any communication for weeks.

I had my DMI in February and haven't heard anything from them. I'm torn between emailing them for an update and sitting on my hands. The situation we're in is unique and i'm not sure they will want people contacting when there are more important things to be looking at. I don't even know what their recruitment staffing levels would be at this stage.

driver9000

Established Member
Manchester or leeds sorry

No TPE train crew depot in Leeds. Closest would be Sheffield or York. The larger depot is York and is popular. I'm not sure how long they require you to have done at your original depot before moving.

Ashxmufcx

Can any current trainees/qualified drivers with TPE confirm if the salary increases upon completion of core traction training and then onto full salary once qualified?! I'm wanting to confirm for a friend of mine who has applied. Thanks

ILoveLamp

Can any current trainees/qualified drivers with TPE confirm if the salary increases upon completion of core traction training and then onto full salary once qualified?! I'm wanting to confirm for a friend of mine who has applied. Thanks
At the last intake I’m pretty sure it said that they got moved up onto full salary after a ridiculously short time, I think 8 weeks, regardless of still being in training. But now the ad reads like you will be on the training salary until qualified, makes more sense to be fair but I wouldn’t say no to £58k while learning!!

TeaTrain

For TPE you go onto full salary after 8 weeks of actual employment. Being at home doesn't count for those of us still waiting for training to start but on training salary.

They may of changed it because of covid but my contract states the 8 weeks. Plus we had an email explaining so from head of HR.

Last edited:

Ashxmufcx

Full salary after 8 weeks?! Nloouhell
For TPE you go onto full salary after 8 weeks of actual employment. Being at home doesn't count for those of us still waiting for training to start but on training salary

Full salary after 8 weeks, bloody hell, new trainees are laughing. Especially as they will still be in the rules phase. Thanks for the responses.

TeaTrain

Yes full salary after 8 weeks the union worked with TPE to the agreement as far as I know. Pretty crazy!

Joe Smith

Hi, i'm just researching this company and where the jobs are based. On the 1st page of the thread it states the jobs were based at
"Manchester Piccadilly; York; Newcastle; Liverpool; Glasgow; Scarborough; Sheffield; Cleethorpes; Hull and Preston".

Is this all of them, or are jobs based at other stations they serve too? Thanks

driver9000

Established Member
Hi, i'm just researching this company and where the jobs are based. On the 1st page of the thread it states the jobs were based at
"Manchester Piccadilly; York; Newcastle; Liverpool; Glasgow; Scarborough; Sheffield; Cleethorpes; Hull and Preston".

Is this all of them, or are jobs based at other stations they serve too? Thanks

For Drivers yes but there is also a Guards depot at Manchester Airport plus station staff at the TPE managed stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.