• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealFitz

I applied with First when they still had ScotRail franchise, considering I was already on reserve list with another TOC and done the online tests..completed them and got told a day later all the positions were filled. Thought having already did all the tests would be an advantage

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nz19

Anyone know if the SJT was timed? Also if you were sent the alphanumerical test does that mean you passed the SJT?

RazzleDazzle

Has anyone who applied had rejection emails at all? Not trying to be morbid, I’ve heard nothing just wondered if everyone else was in the same boat?

RazzleDazzle

Can anyone recall what the next phase is? Is it more testing or interviews? Wish I’d screenshotted all the gumph now!

Busyboy89

Can anyone recall what the next phase is? Is it more testing or interviews? Wish I’d screenshotted all the gumph now!
Don’t quote me here pal but think it’s all the paper tests - group bordon, glop, elevator (earring test), phone book, and think you do the elevator and phone book together if I remember right

fourandbov

You can still access the information via your profile on First Careers Site.

It said,

"Phase 1

• Online questions and application form
  • Situational judgement test (an online assessment)
  • A measured concentration test (an online assessment)
  • If you pass Phase 1, you will be invited to Phase 2 (Limited spaces available)
Phase 2

• Trainee Driver Psychometric Assessments - Stage 1 (dates scheduled for Dec 19, Jan & Feb 20)
Phase 3

• Trainee Driver Psychometric Assessments – Stage 2 (dates scheduled for Dec 19, Jan, Feb & Mar 20)
Phase 4

• Trainee Driver interview with members of the Driver Management team
Phase 5

• Medical - For health and safety reasons you will have to achieve a minimum medical criteria, including specific visual and hearing standards. *Due to Health and Safety responsibilities applicants must fall within the height ranges of 5ft2 to 6ft4 inclusive. Due to night time driving we cannot accept applicants who have undergone eye surgery."

Hope this helps you.

RazzleDazzle

You can still access the information via your profile on First Careers Site.

It said,

"Phase 1

• Online questions and application form
  • Situational judgement test (an online assessment)
  • A measured concentration test (an online assessment)
  • If you pass Phase 1, you will be invited to Phase 2 (Limited spaces available)
Phase 2

• Trainee Driver Psychometric Assessments - Stage 1 (dates scheduled for Dec 19, Jan & Feb 20)
Phase 3

• Trainee Driver Psychometric Assessments – Stage 2 (dates scheduled for Dec 19, Jan, Feb & Mar 20)
Phase 4

• Trainee Driver interview with members of the Driver Management team
Phase 5

• Medical - For health and safety reasons you will have to achieve a minimum medical criteria, including specific visual and hearing standards. *Due to Health and Safety responsibilities applicants must fall within the height ranges of 5ft2 to 6ft4 inclusive. Due to night time driving we cannot accept applicants who have undergone eye surgery."

Hope this helps you.

Outstanding. That’s a great help thanks.

na281093

Looking ahead here and perhaps some wishful thinking, but if I am successful what do you think TPE would be like for rearranging assessment days if I need to? The dates they do the tests look like they're going to be December, Jan and Feb but I am away on a trip that has been planned for a long time from early Jan to middle of Feb so I would ideally need a December date. Would they look down on this and perhaps reject my application? I would love to fly back if it falls within that time frame but I will be on the complete other end of the world.

Coopes1710

Looking ahead here and perhaps some wishful thinking, but if I am successful what do you think TPE would be like for rearranging assessment days if I need to? The dates they do the tests look like they're going to be December, Jan and Feb but I am away on a trip that has been planned for a long time from early Jan to middle of Feb so I would ideally need a December date. Would they look down on this and perhaps reject my application? I would love to fly back if it falls within that time frame but I will be on the complete other end of the world.
It says they will be accommodating where possible but they cannot guarantee another date. I suppose you will have to speak to them if you get through this part

Matt85

Can’t see them being on different days. Unless you know something I don’t.

I’ve already passed them all for another operator so i’m just going off that. Got invited to do the written tests first, group bourdon etc. Had to wait for those results then invited for the computer based assessments plus DMI and MMI on the same day at the operators offices.

feaky4

Yeah I know some do it one day and some do it 2 I'd hate if its split you have have 2 different times to stress

TeaTrain

Its possible. I completed mine with Virgin Trains in their Crewe quarters. I remember the first day being the paper tests and the second day being the computer ones, MMI and interview. That is only my experience. I can't see how they could fit all that into one day but as you say its different for each TOC. All we can do now is wait and wish each other good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.