• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouseyb123

Just been told by a friend they’ve received a rejection email after doing the tests. I haven’t heard anything yet

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

feaky4

I might be asking a stupid question here but, is everything just on the second test and everyone who got to the second test have passed the first one. I thought the scenarios were a lot harder so happy to see the back of them. Or is it the 2 tests together will determine who gets to phase 2 and the psychometric testing?

Yeah itll be both tests and the application if you didnt pass first test you wouldn't have got the second. I believe any way looking at some of these replys

micker001

Yeah itll be both tests and the application if you didnt pass first test you wouldn't have got the second. I believe any way looking at some of these replys

I thought the same to be honest. I must have done ok on the first test to get to the second test

TomRollo

I might be asking a stupid question here but, is everything just on the second test and everyone who got to the second test have passed the first one. I thought the scenarios were a lot harder so happy to see the back of them. Or is it the 2 tests together will determine who gets to phase 2 and the psychometric testing?
Two tests together

fourandbov

I applied for York.

I think given the amount of potential applications, it will be a couple of weeks before getting replies.

Admittedly the fact that application said they're running a course in December does give some hope of a quick response though.

DJD

Me 3 ha ha I just wana see my no so I can continue with life kinda losing sleep over it to for some reason

Yeah I know what you mean. The wait is definitely the worst part. I must have checked this thread loads of times today, refreshed my emails loads, checked my spam and logged into my first account. Literally a life changing opportunity for anyone who can secure a position.

Octopus28

Yeah I know what you mean. The wait is definitely the worst part. I must have checked this thread loads of times today, refreshed my emails loads, checked my spam and logged into my first account. Literally a life changing opportunity for anyone who can secure a position.

Well I’m glad I’m not the only saddo...even though I know it won’t alter the end result I just can’t help but keep checking! :) We’ve all done amazing by getting this far...a lot of people would have received a rejection email after the SJT so I’m proud of us either way!

Rover77

I'm also a member of the sado club. I know the wait might be a while but it doesn't stop me checking this forum and my emails every 2 mins.

jstanton19

i did my test in 4 minutes 6 seconds and after reading the previous post about a 3 minute cut off I'm not very hopeful to move on to the next stage to be honest, but fingers crossed. i didnt realise it was timed in how fast you did it, i thought, as long as you didn't run out of time would be fine. so was a bit more cautious with my answers. good luck to everyone anyway!

Rover77

i did my test in 4 minutes 6 seconds and after reading the previous post about a 3 minute cut off I'm not very hopeful to move on to the next stage to be honest, but fingers crossed. i didnt realise it was timed in how fast you did it, i thought, as long as you didn't run out of time would be fine. so was a bit more cautious with my answers. good luck to everyone anyway!
I have been informed a member of HR staff with the title resourcing team leader that speed is not a consideration. It is accuracy.

Sheridan

Well I’m glad I’m not the only saddo...even though I know it won’t alter the end result I just can’t help but keep checking! :) We’ve all done amazing by getting this far...a lot of people would have received a rejection email after the SJT so I’m proud of us either way!

Despite what the email said about getting the second test only if you pass the first, the job advert says that phase 1 involves doing both tests - as far as I’m aware everyone got the invitation to do the same/different concentration test regardless of the SJT result, and they will then consider both together.

Octopus28

Despite what the email said about getting the second test only if you pass the first, the job advert says that phase 1 involves doing both tests - as far as I’m aware everyone got the invitation to do the same/different concentration test regardless of the SJT result, and they will then consider both together.

Apparently some people didn’t have the chance to do the second test and received email to say they’d failed and couldn’t apply for 6 months, according to the forum anyway. It’s all a big guessing game, that’s the railway for you! :)

feaky4

Ha ha yeah my routine is check emails check this forum check tpe site and repeat every half hour to hour. Yes it really is life changing as alot of people here it's my absolute dream. Got the dreaded email 6 times already so I'm doubtful of any thing good

Coopes1710

Ha ha yeah my routine is check emails check this forum check tpe site and repeat every half hour to hour. Yes it really is life changing as alot of people here it's my absolute dream. Got the dreaded email 6 times already so I'm doubtful of any thing good
Were all 6 times with the same company mate.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Regarding the number of vacancies - wasn't there eight stations to chose from originally and TPE had pencilled in three course dates for 2020? I would assume there will be quite a few vacancies up for grabs but as I said in a previous post - TPE will have received over a thousand applications (probably more!!!) for these vacancies.

Out of curiosity are there any forum members on here who live outside the TPE region but have still applied? I'm sure there will be many many people more than willing to relocate for these jobs!!!!

CJ

Regarding the number of vacancies - wasn't there eight stations to chose from originally and TPE had pencilled in three course dates for 2020? I would assume there will be quite a few vacancies up for grabs but as I said in a previous post - TPE will have received over a thousand applications (probably more!!!) for these vacancies.

Out of curiosity are there any forum members on here who live outside the TPE region but have still applied? I'm sure there will be many many people more than willing to relocate for these jobs!!!!

CJ

I applied for TPE at York in August last year even though I live in West Sussex but I was willing to relocate to be closer to my elderly mum. I actually got invited to do the tests in February this year but after some email ping pong I discovered they wanted me to redo the Group Bourdon as it wasn't an enhanced pass. In the end it never happened as my mum passed away the same month and the reasons for moving to York no longer existed - and I was also reluctant to jeopardise my applications with other TOCs. My application is still live on the recruitment portal though!

Good luck to all those that have applied

Status
Not open for further replies.