• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPE Trainee Train Drivers - Manchester & York (21/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVicLine

Was told I passed the computer tests to enhanced so I would imagine so and Manchester but assessments were in Leeds

My advice to anybody is practice. Don't listen to the people who say practice doesn't help in these exams. Turning up to the assessments prepared and knowing what each test will consist of is a major bonus. Over the past week I've spent hours practicing and doing tests from traineetraindriverinfo.com and even had the mrs putting symbols in the telephone book!
I couldn't agree more. I turned up for the first round of tests 10 years ago and I will always remember this guy saying to me "I wonder what's happening, I thought this was an interview for a job?". If you want to earn £60k the least you can do is research the position and what is entailed at the interview stage, if not then don't be surprised when the other 5,000 applicants do better than you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aivilo

Amen. Sadly people these days want everything handed to them. Fail to prepare prepare to fail.

Zontar

Where are the tests at?

Incidentally, has anyone NOT had a date yet?
I said I would be invited, but not heard anything....

Last edited:

feaky4

Where are the tests at?

Incidentally, has anyone NOT had a date yet?
I said I would be invited, but not heard anything....
I’m waiting for York was told im put through but haven’t had a date yet also they are usually at a hotel in Leeds well the first day any way

feaky4

I just interviewed for York today. I didn't do the assessments as mine were still valid from last year. But what I've heard the assessments are done in a single day this time round.

But they are doing assessments, interviews, assessments, interviews etc.
Thanks for the clarification any idea how many jobs there might be going? Just find it strange if they do it that way they might find the perfect person and I haven’t even got a date for an assessment

BankieClagger

I'm still waiting, hope I get a shot soon. Seems a strange way of doing things but I assume (and hope) there's method in their madn... process.

chaser

Could it be highest scores in the online tests first through the process and if they don't have the required number of passes they move to the next group?

iwasyoungonce

I just interviewed for York today. I didn't do the assessments as mine were still valid from last year. But what I've heard the assessments are done in a single day this time round.

But they are doing assessments, interviews, assessments, interviews etc.
Hi Columbo can you clarify this interview came from an application for the 21.9.21 vacancies ?

feaky4

Yes, one and the same.

A number of training courses in the new year but unsure on total of vacancy numbers. Only 6 interviewing this week I think, from what I gather its just being done in blocks due to the time and volume of people they need to get through.
Thank you eases much stress felt like I had been forgotten about

BankieClagger

Could it be highest scores in the online tests first through the process and if they don't have the required number of passes they move to the next group?
Fair enough, hoping they consider my application as well, spent ages on that but I think I may be further down the line regarding scores. Anyone know if they consider the application (bit harsh if not imo) or is it all on these test scores? Guess I'll just bide my time for now.

jakecreates

Has anybody else who has sat the psychometrics this month for Manchester depot had any emails yet to say whether they passed or not?

Awaiting MMI results and it would be beneficial to know if those who passed/failed the day (at any stage) have had confirmation of this to help understand what position I am likely in.

D Rivers

Fair enough, hoping they consider my application as well, spent ages on that but I think I may be further down the line regarding scores. Anyone know if they consider the application (bit harsh if not imo) or is it all on these test scores? Guess I'll just bide my time for now.
An email from HR.
Thank you for your email, the applications we received were short listed based on the scores you achieved from the online assessments as this is the fairest and most consistent way of short listing. We had a huge response to these positions so had to progress the candidates who had performed the best.

So yes it’s from the online tests!!

BankieClagger

rather than breadth of experience vice a potential one-off good/bad day? Guess they've got to shortlist somehow, probably fairest, just seems a bit short-sighted. Ah well, look forward to my psychometrics. Cheers D.

jakecreates

Had my invite to the DMI today which is to be done over Microsoft teams next week. Process seems to be moving quickly which is nice!

Having got this far and not knowing what to expect due to each TOC being different, I think I’m more nervous for this than the assessment centre!

Magsdynamos

Had my invite to the DMI today which is to be done over Microsoft teams next week. Process seems to be moving quickly which is nice!

Having got this far and not knowing what to expect due to each TOC being different, I think I’m more nervous for this than the assessment centre!
Congratulations

Zontar

Congratulations! I bet the old nerves are kicking in now.

Can you tell me a bit more about the structure of the day for the assessment and how you found it? I'm awaiting a date for mine....

feaky4

Congratulations! I bet the old nerves are kicking in now.

Can you tell me a bit more about the structure of the day for the assessment and how you found it? I'm awaiting a date for mine....
What station did you apply for im still waiting a date for York

feaky4

Manchester mate. Given up trying to work out their logic or process
Ah ok not many York people on here ha ha I need to email them really but keep putting it off but yeah there doesn’t seem to be a set pattern as some one that did York assessment start of the month said it’s 2 days if you pass day 1 but looks like the Manchester one is just 1 day with Mmi included?

BlueMike26

Still (im)patiently waiting for an assessment date for Manchester. Monday will be four weeks since I got the email to say they would be in touch with one.
Refreshing to know that the process moves a little faster once you're off though, good luck with your DMI Jake. Interesting that they're doing them remotely, I can only see that as beneficial from a nerves perspective?

Aivilo

Interesting how they move forward with this. I got offered the day almost immediately after the online SJT. Sadly couldn't make it and failed to get hold of anyone to reschedule

RMD

Hi all, long time lurker but thought I'd create an account to let you know what response I've had.

I'm in the same boat as many on here - waiting for a psychometric tests date. Been frustrating seeing others have their tests and even going on to DMI without any response myself.

I contacted FirstGroup to enquire and after a bit of back and forth they've confirmed that applications are progressed based on the scores in the online assessments.

I had asked if they could give me a definite on whether or not I would have the opportunity to sit the psychometric tests but all I got was they're waiting on an update from the manager on dates and once received they would be in contact.

The pessimist in me reads this as if they have enough candidates that meet the requirements there may not be other dates but I suppose we will wait and see. Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.