• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPExpress Man - Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Is there any historic reason why the last Edinburgh - Manchester service is a good 3 and a half hours later than the last Glasgow - Manchester service? Just seems to be a large oddity [even if there is a connecting 350 departing Glasgow to Lockerbie/Carlisle which can run back to Glasgow as ECS to give any Glasgow customers a later connection]
Until May last year the last train from Glasgow to Manchester was the 1709. There were I think just 4 services for many years.

I cannot imagine there are all that many people on the 1847 from Glasgow given it leaves just 7 minutes behind a considerably faster train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Until May last year the last train from Glasgow to Manchester was the 1709. There were I think just 4 services for many years.

I cannot imagine there are all that many people on the 1847 from Glasgow given it leaves just 7 minutes behind a considerably faster train.

Probably passengers on TPE-only tickets [or cheap advances] ;)

BMIFlyer

From the May timetable change:

More of the Glasgow trains to stop at Motherwell.

No TPE Scottish trains will call at Manchester Oxford Rd or Wigan.

Express Preston - Manchester and vice versa.

Stopper

From the May timetable change:

More of the Glasgow trains to stop at Motherwell.

No TPE Scottish trains will call at Manchester Oxford Rd or Wigan.

Express Preston - Manchester and vice versa.

Where can you find this?

Great news on both though. I came home on an 8-car TPE from Piccadilly to Haymarket last October and it was absolutely jam-packed with standing room only between Piccadilly and Preston, hopefully it reduces some of the congestion there.

I’m glad Motherwell is getting more calls, it certainly deserves more than it gets from TPE and Virgin.

route101

Established Member
Where can you find this?

Great news on both though. I came home on an 8-car TPE from Piccadilly to Haymarket last October and it was absolutely jam-packed with standing room only between Piccadilly and Preston, hopefully it reduces some of the congestion there.

I’m glad Motherwell is getting more calls, it certainly deserves more than it gets from TPE and Virgin.

Motherwell could do with more calls , usually see plenty getting off there at night , must be annoying connecting at Glasgow .

Status
Not open for further replies.