• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TPL-Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
[Mod Note - Split from main thread]

Looks like there will be a change at the top of the table after this round 8-)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

Someone's looking confident? :p

By my reckoning, Ivo has 17 from tonight's matches, you have 28, and I have 36. I am slowly catching ya all. :D

Ivo

Established Member

Sorry David - it looks like the overall result is a +2 swing in my favour after the second-best attendance prediction in the competition's history! :p

And also sorry to bb21 after winning this bonus in the style I did - a grand total of three. Meaning yours was still the third-best ever prediction.

For anyone who can't tell what I'm referring to:

TTL: 411,848
Me: Attendance: 412,112 [264]
B: Attendance: 412,115 [267]

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Sorry to say this guys but I think fixture 121820 should be declared null-and-void. This match was switched to Newport's ground only days before kick-off owing to the difficult weather in the North-East, thereby afflicting all of our predictions and rendering them essentially useless. I am sure I am not the only one who would have provided a different result had we known this; the ultimate result of 3-1 would have been a perfectly reasonable prediction for this fixture.

Gateshead are now scheduled to host Newport on February 26th.

atomicdanny

Based on how things have gone for me this weekend, don't count yourself out yet :(

I have already counted myself out after getting most of my ones wrong this week (although i actually got the one that you want taken out spot on! )

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
No one is hopeful after the freak results this weekend. I am just glad that I am not alone in feeling this way. :s

Ivo

Established Member
11 points from a possible 15 for today's games - I'll take that :) Definitely makes up for Saturday's "unreliability".

Any thoughts as to the Newport game?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Voided. Game changed after fixture was released.

David

Established Member
I think all the unexpected results in recent weeks has killed my challenge off now, plus the fact there is plenty of difficult to predict fixtures in the final 2 rounds. Thank you who ever picked tho .... Oh, that would be me! :oops:

Ivo

Established Member
Thank you who ever picked tho .... Oh, that would be me! :oops:

I just wanted to "rub it in", so to speak :p (Sorry!)

Thank you kindly, David. An awkward Saturday for everyone only for me to then score 11/15 on the Sunday is more than welcome!

Meanwhile, I'm on a hat-trick for attendance six-pointers. But Newcastle's average attendance is roughly 2,000 short of SJP's capacity - and that kind of deficit would mean I have to settle for second (to Andrew) :( I need the attendance to be a minimum of 51,631 to win.

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Ivo is 17 points ahead with two rounds to go. It is not over yet.

Both tables are now fast becoming two-horse races for the title.

Ivo

Established Member
I hope you are not insinuating that one trophy is worth less than the other.

Of course not. It's just that I've already won the Average Prediction league and now want to claim the overall crown <D After all, if you win the Average Prediction league this time around you would have won both, so why can't I (at an average of one title per season)?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Of course not. It's just that I've already won the Average Prediction league and now want to claim the overall crown <D After all, if you win the Average Prediction league this time around you would have won both, so why can't I (at an average of one title per season)?

I already have won both, before you even joined. :)

Ivo

Established Member
Round 19 Fixtures [Season 3]

Entry Deadline: 18.45 Friday 7th December 2012

Ivo, see what I mean about the fixtures being awkward?

Oh yes. Definitely. I should probably thank you as a result, but that will have to be on hold until the weekend is completed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I should probably thank [David] as a result, but that will have to be on hold until the weekend is completed.

Even though there is still one game left, let's get it over with now: David, thank you :D

With one game still to go, I believe I am on 52 points - a tally that has only ever been managed twice. If Fulham win 2-1, I will break valenta's record from the First Season; even one point will be enough to claim second spot for myself (bb21 has previously scored 52). Curiously though, both of those scores received substantial bonuses; barring a freakishly low attendance at Craven Cottage, I will win the Attendance bonus for the third time in four rounds and a capacity crowd will also net me the 2-point bonus for being within 2,000 :p

Sorry guys, but I think the main title is mine - and the Average Prediction competition isn't over yet!

Oh, and sorry for being smug about this. But it's good to be cheery when things go right! :D Not trying to be a "Bad Winner" - honest...!

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
Oh yes. Definitely. I should probably thank you as a result, but that will have to be on hold until the weekend is completed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Even though there is still one game left, let's get it over with now: David, thank you :D

With one game still to go, I believe I am on 52 points - a tally that has only ever been managed twice. If Fulham win 2-1, I will break valenta's record from the First Season; even one point will be enough to claim second spot for myself (bb21 has previously scored 52). Curiously though, both of those scores received substantial bonuses; barring a freakishly low attendance at Craven Cottage, I will win the Attendance bonus for the third time in four rounds and a capacity crowd will also net me the 2-point bonus for being within 2,000 :p

Sorry guys, but I think the main title is mine - and the Average Prediction competition isn't over yet!

Oh, and sorry for being smug about this. But it's good to be cheery when things go right! :D Not trying to be a "Bad Winner" - honest...!

I'm just hoping I don't end up bottom. Hopefully getting 5 points from Villa Park will help.

Ivo

Established Member
Dan having played two less rounds should ensure that doesn't happen, even before you allow for how late CallySleeper joined. You won't be pleased to know that you are bottom in the Average Prediction league though ;)

gnolife

Established Member
Dan having played two less rounds should ensure that doesn't happen, even before you allow for how late CallySleeper joined. You won't be pleased to know that you are bottom in the Average Prediction league though ;)

So it would take an absoulutely amazing performance from me, or SS4 failing to submit results, or both, for me not to finish bottom :(

Ivo

Established Member
Sorry Dan - that's what the table would suggest :(

At least you're beating SS4 in the Average Prediction league though! And remember that CallySleeper is guaranteed to finish bottom because he has played far fewer games, and that two other guys (Temple Meads and sonic2009) have dropped out completely, so in that sense you are fourth-bottom!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Well done. 52 points in 20 games is no mean feat.

David

Established Member

With one game still to go, I believe I am on 52 points - a tally that has only ever been managed twice.

And I thought I was having a decent week by scoring 35 points so far (by my crude calculations, no doubt I'm wrong).

Looks like the title is yours :( But I've managed to break the top 3 at my first attempt though ....

Ivo

Established Member
And I thought I was having a decent week by scoring 35 points so far (by my crude calculations, no doubt I'm wrong).

Looks like the title is yours :( But I've managed to break the top 3 at my first attempt though ....

You also have to remember that the competition has more players than before, making serious title assaults more difficult, and that it's not over 'til it's mathematically over. When I won the Average Prediction league in Season 2 (I didn't take part in Season 1) I won in the very last game of the season! And of course the silver is yours to lose, which is no mean feat for a first timer. You would also be on course to win the Bonus League, if one existed (hint hint bb21?).

Meanwhile, I know I still have a chance to defend my Average Prediction title, but realistically it will need another fine performance from me and a disappointing one from bb21. I may have to be happy with 2nd, and the unofficial title of winning among those to have partaken in every round - but why did it have to be him? He's already won the Average Prediction league, and pushed me all the way last time...

(No offence intended to the game's organiser ;))

Last edited:

David

Established Member
Quick question .... Correct scores. I've managed to get 5 correct scores, not once, but twice this season (staill another round to go yet :P). What's the highest number of correct scores predicted in a round?

newbie babs

Question

How do you predict your scores

predictor programe on PC or elsewhere
Actual studying of games with no aid from anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.