• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Operator - London Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfxdude

Same here, still waiting and I also phoned last Friday, they said whatever the outcome we will hear back maybe by this Friday. Remember they had over 4300 applications.

I think it's nearer the 6000 mark. For 160 jobs...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mresh91

Cheers for the response you guys. It's reassuring to know that if I am going down, I'll be taking a couple of you guys with me!!! :p:lol:

chris11256

wow, now that is crazy, if we get a chance I know most people on this thread will make it through the assessments.

Don't forget that not all 6000 will have passed the online test. So we have slightly better chances. :)

Last edited:

sfxdude

Don't forget that not all 6000 will have passed the online test. So we have slightly better changes. :)

The rumour I heard was that 600 were booked onto initial round of assessments. Guessing they'll see how many get through before deciding whether to do another round of assessments.

NUP

Thought about if for around 5 seconds lol.. Hopefully see you at the Crossrail training :)

Last edited by a moderator:

LUL

Me definitely:D
Hahaha
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Are you really wondering what to choose:
21 hour night tube driver or full time MTR Crossrail driver?!?!?!?!:lol::lol::lol:

It's two shifts a week, not sure where the 21 hours has come from?

cmm883

Heard from a reliable source; Full time T/Op coming out soon. No specific dates provided.

I'd be very surprised if they actually advertised for full time roles externally. Would be great if they did..

Keep us posted!

Viku1980

London Underground Train Operators, regardless of whether they are part time or full time, do not do voluntary overtime.
Hello Mojo, thanks for that Insight. Does it mean someone who is on a part-time contract , will not be able to put his/her name for any shifts during the week. I have got through the second assessment and was really keen to the working of an Underground Tube operator.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hello Mojo, thanks for that Insight. Does it mean someone who is on a part-time contract , will not be able to put his/her name for any shifts during the week. I have got through the second assessment and was really keen to the working of an Underground Tube operator.
Correct. If there is an uncovered duty then initially it will be covered by the spares, if this is not possible then the Duty Manager or syndicate leader ("Mafia Man") may try to arrange cover through other means such as asking a favour of someone to change their working times, or by asking to borrow a spare from another depot on the line.

If none of those are possible then the train will be cancelled.

mresh91

Just got this. The wait goes on... hmph...

Train Operator 018717 – Application Update

Thank you for your recent application for the position of Train Operator 018717.

Please accept our apologies, there has been a delay in the decision making process. We are not currently in a position to update you on the outcome of your application and will write you to again in two weeks.

Should you need to speak to anyone in relation to the recruitment process please find contact details

Kind regards

sfxdude

I received one as well!
By the way I posted my aplication in the last moment and probably people dealing with first applications.
So .... Why I don' care at all about the funny tube assessment?
Probably because of the Elizabeth line...
Good luck to all still waiting for decision and to those in a process of thair assessment :lol:

I also posted mine at the last moment (a few minutes before the deadline if I remember rightly) so it would seem it's not being dealt with in application order.

mresh91

I also posted mine at the last moment (a few minutes before the deadline if I remember rightly) so it would seem it's not being dealt with in application order.

Friend do you mean the initial application for the job or the online questionnaire? Because I remember getting an invitation for the online questionnaire which I didn't complete within a day or two, and only got down to it several days after because I received an e-mail reminder to complete the questionnaire asap before the deadline.

chris11256

This is interesting. We were told by the assessor on Saturday that we'd hear back within 10 working days. No mention of possible delays. I'm yet to receive this email, possibly because my tests are still to be marked.

mresh91

This is interesting. We were told by the assessor on Saturday that we'd hear back within 10 working days. No mention of possible delays. I'm yet to receive this email, possibly because my tests are still to be marked.

Don't worry friend, I don't think if affects you 'Chosen Ones' who were invited to the assessment centres. This email is for those who completed the online questionnaire and are waiting for invitation to the assessment centre.

chris11256

Don't worry friend, I don't think if affects you 'Chosen Ones' who were invited to the assessment centres. This email is for those who completed the online questionnaire and are waiting for invitation to the assessment centre.

Oh I get you now. Hope you hear back soon with an invitation.

sfxdude

Friend do you mean the initial application for the job or the online questionnaire? Because I remember getting an invitation for the online questionnaire which I didn't complete within a day or two, and only got down to it several days after because I received an e-mail reminder to complete the questionnaire asap before the deadline.

I didn't complete the online questionnaire for a few days after it was sent. I'm guessing they're waiting until the first batch of applicants go through to see if they need any more and that's why they've sent that email.

chris11256

I've just been sent in invitation to AC2. My date choices were Monday 14th or Tuesday 15th March. I've booked the Monday.

Any advice? I'm going to spend the next few days trying to come up with examples for the competency interview.

chachacallis

I've just been sent in invitation to AC2. My date choices were Monday 14th or Tuesday 15th March. I've booked the Monday.

Any advice? I'm going to spend the next few days trying to come up with examples for the competency interview.

Congratulation all the best with your AC2

SBish

Hi all,

Going for AC1 tomorrow. Those of you who have completed it, how long is the timing for the 'Understanding Information' test...Pack does not say how long or whether it is timed or not.

All the best

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.