• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim World 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan M

It will be interesting to see how they did with the motor sounds for the Class 465/9 when it makes its debut on tomorrow night’s stream!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
It will be interesting to see how they did with the motor sounds for the Class 465/9 when it makes its debut on tomorrow night’s stream!
I expect it will be some re-do of sounds they already have - maybe even the 465 sounds DTG have used for TS20xx, if we're lucky :)
I shouldn't be so harsh. I'm hoping that it's going to go well and I really want it to be a really good add-on - I want TSW2 to succeed and for it to work.

-Peter

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A few of us were talking about the 'Diesel Legends' pack recently on this thread and Dovetail streamed about it last night. Price will apparently be £15 and it does include the locomotives/units if you don't already own them. For me I think that price is pretty good if you don't already have something. I have everything included other than the 52 at present which is £12 by itself so picking up this for £15 and getting the 52 as well is a bit of a no-brainer (seeing as I've fancied the 52 but not when its confined to the West Somerset!).

Peter C

Established Member
A few of us were talking about the 'Diesel Legends' pack recently on this thread and Dovetail streamed about it last night. Price will apparently be £15 and it does include the locomotives/units if you don't already own them. For me I think that price is pretty good if you don't already have something. I have everything included other than the 52 at present which is £12 by itself so picking up this for £15 and getting the 52 as well is a bit of a no-brainer (seeing as I've fancied the 52 but not when its confined to the West Somerset!).
I saw a bit of the stream last night (about a minute - I'm not usually the biggest fan of DTG's streams as the ones I've seen seem to be almost entirely the presenters saying "if it's not on the roadmap..." :)), and the presenter said that the pack was being done as an 'experiment' to see how it would work having older trains on a modern route, and he also said - from what I can remember - that the reason they went for making an older-stock pack for a modern route was so that route builders could work on something and stock makers could work on something else, thus allowing them to make more things. I'm not sure if I'm going to like it if they go down this route of making out-of-place stock on routes, but we'll wait and see as they've said they're just using this to test the theory, so to speak.

-Peter

JohnMcL7

I think they should give people the choice because I want to ride the locomotive I want on any route and that doesn't prevent people who want to have an authentic experience. I was extremely disappointed to find when I bought the 52 that it was limited to the West Somerset route which is a joke for a powerful express passenger locomotive. I've used the mod to swap it onto other routes but it doesn't work that well as I think it could only do freight or something.

Ewan M

I wonder what era the Glasgow Cathcart Circle add-on will be set in? They did confirm in the recent routemap stream that it would utilise the Class 314

Iskra

Established Member
I think they should give people the choice because I want to ride the locomotive I want on any route and that doesn't prevent people who want to have an authentic experience. I was extremely disappointed to find when I bought the 52 that it was limited to the West Somerset route which is a joke for a powerful express passenger locomotive. I've used the mod to swap it onto other routes but it doesn't work that well as I think it could only do freight or something.
It's not anymore if you use the scenario planner. I've used it on the East Coastway :)

Iskra

Established Member
I still only have the first game, how good is the scenario planner in TSW2?
It’s okay, it’s similar to QuickDrive in TS20XX but you are limited to set consists but there are quite a few to choose from.

I like it overall because it lets me drive what I want, where I want and that’s important to me in a sim.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
What are we hoping for with regards to Cathcart Circle?

I would hope for the entire circle, the Newton branch, and the Neilston branch (ideally I would also love the Barrhead branch with the 156, but it’s almost certain this won’t happen).

I agree with the disappointment surrounding the 314. I would’ve much preferred the 318/320, 380 or 385.

Ewan M

What are we hoping for with regards to Cathcart Circle?

I would hope for the entire circle, the Newton branch, and the Neilston branch (ideally I would also love the Barrhead branch with the 156, but it’s almost certain this won’t happen).

I agree with the disappointment surrounding the 314. I would’ve much preferred the 318/320, 380 or 385.
It would’ve been good to include the 318s, 320s, 380s and 385s but given that they were already working on the 313 for East Coastway it made sense to do the 314. Also we don’t know what era the Cathcart Circle will be set in so we will need to wait and see.
In regards to the route I very much hope they will include the Newton and Neilston branches as the Cathcart Circle on its own would just make it a bit boring

Iskra

Established Member
An interesting new announcement;

- Union Pacific Cane Creek route announced
- Something called TSW2 Rush Hour coming in the summer. Adding more traffic, adverse signals, busier platforms.
- More routes announced on May 4th.
- A bit of waffle about steam locomotives coming, but mention of historic routes that don't exist anymore in terms of steam locomotives, which is interesting. Where could they mean?

Peter C

Established Member

- Something called TSW2 Rush Hour coming in the summer. Adding more traffic, adverse signals, busier platforms.
- A bit of waffle about steam locomotives coming, but mention of historic routes that don't exist anymore in terms of steam locomotives, which is interesting. Where could they mean?
That all sounds interesting - thanks for sharing @Iskra.
I'm interested in this "Rush Hour" thing, and the steam engines: having some now-closed routes with solely steam traction (or early diesels depending on when scenarios are set I suppose) would be really cool. DTG have shown that they can make versions of existing routes set in the past, and TS20xx has seen a few routes made based on closed routes, so it's not impossible. As to where they could mean, I'm not sure: there are loads of closed routes which could act as bases.

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I’m thinking it could be the Somerset and Dorset.

Steam operated until the very end (we actually walked a couple of sections of it at the beginning of the month).
It’s a very evocative line and pretty challenging in steam days.

Peter C

Established Member
I’m thinking it could be the Somerset and Dorset.
Now that would be nice. The original TS20xx route came out in 2012 according to Steam, and a new version would definitely be much-appreciated: even if it is on another simulator.

-Peter

Mainline421

Now that would be nice. The original TS20xx route came out in 2012 according to Steam, and a new version would definitely be much-appreciated: even if it is on another simulator.

-Peter
It's actually from 2007, though they may have upgraded it a little.

greatvoyager

Established Member

I’ve been hoping for this for a while, exciting news.

Ewan M

The latest roadmap has been released and a new UK route is now in planning which is West Cornwall Local: Penzance - Truro & St Ives. The trains/locos are yet to be confirmed but Rivet Games are developing this one.

Iskra

Established Member
The latest roadmap has been released and a new UK route is now in planning which is West Cornwall Local: Penzance - Truro & St Ives. The trains/locos are yet to be confirmed but Rivet Games are developing this one.
That sounds promising! It's guaranteed to feature semaphore signals no matter what the era so that's good. Finally a decent route not featuring suburban EMU's!

If it's modern era I hope they can include the Night Riviera train.

greatvoyager

Established Member
This is exciting, can’t wait to see what it is like.

Peter C

Established Member
This really sounds interesting. A modern-day route would be particularly lovely - don't they use Class 150s on the St. Ives branch?

-Peter

Iskra

Established Member
This really sounds interesting. A modern-day route would be particularly lovely - don't they use Class 150s on the St. Ives branch?

-Peter
Yeah I got a blue and a green pair last Autumn down there.

This route would also allow 08, 57, HST, 158, 153, 22X so a fair bit of variety there, plus railtour opportunities.

Peter C

Established Member
Yeah I got a blue and a green pair last Autumn down there.
Ah brilliant - thanks for confirming :)

This route would also allow 08, 57, HST, 158, 153, 22X so a fair bit of variety there, plus railtour opportunities.
Oh wow - I hadn't thought there would be so much stock which could be used. A 57 and a Voyager would be most interesting for me personally; they're more modern items of rolling stock and I'd love to see how they'd be made in TSW2.

-Peter

greatvoyager

Established Member
Ah brilliant - thanks for confirming :)

Oh wow - I hadn't thought there would be so much stock which could be used. A 57 and a Voyager would be most interesting for me personally; they're more modern items of rolling stock and I'd love to see how they'd be made in TSW2.

-Peter
That would be great to see. Have they confirmed what era the route would be set in?

Pity it's (probably) not gonna be a present day route. I would have loved to drive Class 150s and maybe the Castle Class HSTs. As it stands we'll probably have one new train and another version of the 101. Could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.