• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Train Sim World

Strat-tastic

Established Member
Xbox users finally can get the 37 drags and RHTT for a fiver a pop, but it's trying to get me to buy South Eastern first which I already have with TSW3. Any suggestions please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PacerTrain142

On Moderation
Despite their best efforts every route still has a lifeless feel to it. The sun is too bright all year round, the weather system has been improved but still isn't a patch on the Armstrong Powerhouse weather pack in Train Sim Classic, there's not enough variety of traction on each route and very few of the routes are long enough for a good thrash.

Despite the weird passengers and worse graphics Train Sim Classic still feels more like a real railway with a better variety of rolling stock, longer routes, better add-ons and enhancements plus so much choice, the down-side is that it'll cost a beginner a lot of money to get a fairly decent collection.

I agree with this completely. I enjoy driving the Cross City route on TSW3, however in daylight the lighting is just completely wrong. The cab is blindingly bright as is the outside world. I have no complaints driving at night however!

I use TSW for Cross City but for anything else I prefer TS Classic
I agree with this. I also think the lighting is too bright and although the graphics look good, it has that oversaturated look to it. It looks kind of fake, whereas train sim Classic, despite the graphics being much older, looks more realistic in a way with the much more toned down lighting and duller colours.

I bought train sim world 3 in the sale, and I’m quite liking it so far. Driven on southeastern high speed, Great western express and Spirit of steam.

However, the new Just Trains Blackpool Branches route has raised the bar to a new level. Looks absolutely stunning, and the fact I’ve been on it irl makes it even better. And it comes with my favourite train… A pacer! And its been modelled so well. Bus seats, bus doors, Cummins engine, loud brake/flange squeal, and thanks to the new suspension update, lots of bounce and clickity clack! :E

I’ll probably buy tsw 4 and the Blackpool route in the Xmas sale. Hopefully the new AP class 142 will also be on sale then - also an awesome train.

Trackman

Established Member
Xbox users finally can get the 37 drags and RHTT for a fiver a pop, but it's trying to get me to buy South Eastern first which I already have with TSW3. Any suggestions please?
Not sure what the 37 drags is, but for the RHTT it just says base game is required.
Also for the RHTT there are 2 versions, TSW3 and 4, are you clicking the right one?

Wivenswold

Established Member
Nice to see Gospel Oak to Barking Riverside with an Aventra is coming out soon.

45 mins either way will make for a good return shift.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
Well whaddya know? There's a sale on for Xbox users.
Not as advertised on Dovetail website, but I'm now installing TSW4 std for £16.
I was hoping for half price Edinburgh to Glasgow, but will settle for this instead:)

Iskra

Established Member
Train Sim 4 is heavily discounted this weekend for anyone who hasn’t upgraded already

Trackman

Established Member
Train Sim 4 is heavily discounted this weekend for anyone who hasn’t upgraded already
Thanks. Nothing tickles my fancy, but for anyone who hasn't got the Glossop line, it's only £5.99 now and it's well worth it.

CTS1990

The February roadmap is looking promising, with the GOBLIN and Fife Circle lines on the way. Apparently a 170 is in the works too.

I notice a UK loco has been teased for release later this year...would it be too much to ask for a 91 for the ECML route?

Iskra

Established Member
The February roadmap is looking promising, with the GOBLIN and Fife Circle lines on the way. Apparently a 170 is in the works too.

I notice a UK loco has been teased for release later this year...would it be too much to ask for a 91 for the ECML route?
I can’t get excited about GOBLIN, I am very tired of EMU commuter routes. The Fife Circle does sound much more promising. The 104 sounds good for Peak Forest.

Loco’s it could be:

- Class 50 for West Cornwall, West Somerset, Great Western Express and for a rumoured Riviera Line.
- Class 67 or 68 for Fife Circle
- Class 91 for the ECML.

I’d be happy with any of those, but it could also be a steam locomotive.

Iskra

Established Member
I'd be up for the hoover.
I don't think I've ever seen a call for a Deltic; surely that'd be a winner.
Yes, that's a good call; it would could work well on the Northern Transpennine route, as well as ECML on railtours, the mainline bit of the Fife Circle and then a few more on railtours.

JohnMcL7

I finally got around to trying TSW4 and was in a mood for the Western but it seems limited to the West Somerset Railway now whereas previously there was at least one railtour option to take it on a proper line or am I missing something? Seems fairly useless taking a powerful locomotive on a line that you mostly go at a crawl and limited to 25mph at the very most.

JohnMcL7

I checked the older Train Sim games and the 52 was missing for other routes there as well but then I remembered I was using a mod at one point. That's really annoying there's still no official timetables or scenarios for the 52 outwith the heritage line but I'll stuck that DLC on my wishlist thanks.

JohnMcL7

That's odd. I've got passenger and freight timetables on that route. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you :s
Which route is that? If I choose the class 52 locomotive then the only timetables and scenarios it offers are on the West Somerset route so I think as you said I need the diesel legends DLC to use the 52 elsewhere or use the scenario planner.

JohnMcL7

Ah that's with the diesel legends DLC I'm assuming? I don't have that yet, only the class 52 and West Somerset one. It's pretty poor you need to buy more DLC to be able to properly use a locomotive you've bought but will keep an eye out for the next sale.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
That's the one. I agree, trundling along in a Western can be rather frustrating. But if you have the GW route you could create a scenario with the wsr 52?
Stretch its legs a bit :D

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
No dlc for Xbox, sadly. PC and PS seem to get the lion's share of sales.
I seem to recall that's something to do with Microsoft (Xbox) and their agreement with Dovetail? Valve (Steam) and Sony (Playstation) are much less restrictive on what Dovetail can and cannot do in terms of discounts and sales. Just a faint memory from a stream a few years ago that there was something like that going on.