• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee/Apprentice Drivers - Various Locations - Chiltern (19/07/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie999

how would you know if you get shortlisted? I applied for a position and they've replied to me with the questionnaire which they said would be used for screening etc. I have since not heard anything back as yet and this has been exactly 2 months ago.
In all honesty, I wish I could answer and help. But I’m in exactly the same boat as you. I have emailed asking if there any updates with no reply.

I have done OPC so it’s still valid if they do check

It’s a number of tests you have to take in order to become a trainee driver

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mabs

In all honesty, I wish I could answer and help. But I’m in exactly the same boat as you. I have emailed asking if there any updates with no reply.

I am also waiting to hear back from Chilterns Railway.

I filled in the Questionnaire on 28/07/2022 and today is 02/09/2022. I've still not heard anything back.

I passed stage 1 and 2 with GWR but unfortunately didn't pass the DMI about 10 months ago. I'm not sure what level I passed the assessments and GWR said they cannot give me that information. All they can say is I've met the national standards GWR are looking for.

I hope we hear back soon.

sheikhabdul

Recently speaking of which Heathrow Express were launching trainee driver fortnight until Chiltern launched eventually

Jamdong02

One of the stages of applying for trainee train driver roles is getting tested at an assessment centre for things such as memory, reaction, hand-to-eye coordination, multitasking etc.

Read the link below for further explanation:

Thanks. Did you do that test yourself or did you do it through Chiltern?

Thanks for that information mate. I will start making some enquiries to get those tests done

IFeelTheNeed

Thanks for that information mate. I will start making some enquiries to get those tests done
Neither. I did them in 2020 for a different train company!

Sparrow

I just got the reject email so people will hear soon. Says Loads of applications and people better suited even though I’m a guard for Arriva. Argh

Never mind good luck all

WombleGuard

I just got the reject email so people will hear soon. Says Loads of applications and people better suited even though I’m a guard for Arriva. Argh

Never mind good luck all
Sorry bud. I thought DB never bothered with 'unsuccessful' emails and you just got an 'end of process' message on your application page. At least this is more human .

Sparrow

Sorry bud. I thought DB never bothered with 'unsuccessful' emails and you just got an 'end of process' message on your application page. At least this is more human .
No worries. End of Process is now there so might be worth people checking, but I’ve also had the email.

Mabs

Never mind good luck all
Sorry to hear this, don't give up.

I passed all the assessments but failed in the final DMI interview. It happens.

We just have to keep on trying. Best of luck with any future applications.

Bn98

Can you post the link to the login page please? Can't for the life of me find the right one to get back in!

Winnie999

I am also waiting to hear back from Chilterns Railway.

I filled in the Questionnaire on 28/07/2022 and today is 02/09/2022. I've still not heard anything back.

I passed stage 1 and 2 with GWR but unfortunately didn't pass the DMI about 10 months ago. I'm not sure what level I passed the assessments and GWR said they cannot give me that information. All they can say is I've met the national standards GWR are looking for.

I hope we hear back soon.
Me too I hope we do

Oh I’m sorry to hear that- I hate when feedback is unavailable. Then you can’t have tips on where you went wrong somewhat!

Good luck though

I did it through another TOC lovely
They said once you do OPC and MMI once it’s valid for 2 years I believe

Hence why I think I’ve done it but whether I passed to Chilterns requirements we’ll see

Mabs

Me too I hope we do

Oh I’m sorry to hear that- I hate when feedback is unavailable. Then you can’t have tips on where you went wrong somewhat!

Good luck though

I did it through another TOC lovely
They said once you do OPC and MMI once it’s valid for 2 years I believe

Hence why I think I’ve done it but whether I passed to Chilterns requirements we’ll see
I thought MMI is valid for 3 years. ???

Mabs

I think it’s this?
I did my assessments with GWR and they confirmed its recognised for 5 years.

SWR - The company part of the same group (First group) recognise my results for 3 years.

I'm not sure about Chilterns railway and GTR. Also I don't know what level I passed my assessments and GWR or OPC wont tell me. It's my results and I'm not able to find out.

Only way I guess il find out is, If Chilterns railway or GTR tell me I've not met their standards.

I've decided not to redo any of the assessments again until 5 years are up. I can't risk failing and the original results are then invalid.

It's been 10 months since I did the assessments.

The waiting around is very hard.

Winnie999

I did my assessments with GWR and they confirmed its recognised for 5 years.

SWR - The company part of the same group (First group) recognise my results for 3 years.

I'm not sure about Chilterns railway and GTR. Also I don't know what level I passed my assessments and GWR or OPC wont tell me. It's my results and I'm not able to find out.

Only way I guess il find out is, If Chilterns railway or GTR tell me I've not met their standards.

I've decided not to redo any of the assessments again until 5 years are up. I can't risk failing and the original results are then invalid.

It's been 10 months since I did the assessments.

The waiting around is very hard.
That’s the thing it’s the waiting around that makes me lost my patience lol

If they tell you it doesn’t meet their requirements then you’ll know at least

It’s abit silly that we aren’t told about the standards
I did my OPC and MMI with them not long ago too.

However it’s difficult to make plans because your hoping you hear back soon enough

It’s like do I put my eggs in one basket or not

Cassy j

Does anyone know the most up to date salary? When I last checked it was 52k?

Status
Not open for further replies.