• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busyboy89

Fingers crossed for you Amanda, and what time is your interview Oli mines at 13:30 same day as yours

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wizzy_896

Just got my email saying I’m through to the competency interview. I am so happy, genuinely didn’t think the assessment day went well at all

Amanda

Wow Wizzy, congratulations! I feel much better now that you've said that.

I'm still waiting to hear and am trying to be patient but I have been awake since 2am. :'(

But to be fair Marie did say people would hear by the end of the week, I just expected that with people hearing yesterday I would have heard by close of play today. That said, it must be quite a big task sorting out interview dates and times!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Is anyone else still waiting to hear?

Wizzy_896

I’m sure you’ll have got it. My interview is on the 7th so they’re probably planning the days and then sending the emails

Amanda

I’m sure you’ll have got it. My interview is on the 7th so they’re probably planning the days and then sending the emails

Thanks for the vote of confidence, @Wizzy_896!

Still not heard anything yet but you know what... I went through my e-mails from last time I was in the process. Last time I attended the morning assessment on a Monday and got my e-mail confirming I was through to interview at 4pm on Friday of the same week so.... Still time!

Amanda

Okay so I still don't know. No e-mail received as yet! I think there's a problem somewhere to be honest. Is anyone else still waiting to find out?

Clarabella31

Okay so I still don't know. No e-mail received as yet! I think there's a problem somewhere to be honest. Is anyone else still waiting to find out?
I hope you hear soon; there's nothing worse than feeling as though you're in limbo.

Smigg92

Hi @Amanda, have you checked your junk? All my previous emails came into my main inbox apart from the most recent one! Had an extra day worrying, and it was sat in my junk all along!

Amanda

Hi @Amanda, have you checked your junk? All my previous emails came into my main inbox apart from the most recent one! Had an extra day worrying, and it was sat in my junk all along!

Hey Smigg92, yeah I have checked my junk and also my deleted items folder in case for some reason I deleted it by accident.

Last night I e-mailed Marie, got her out-of-office as she is on holiday now until 31st :| but that said to contact Tania if it's urgent so I've forwarded my e-mail to her. Ordinarily I'd be patient but the thing is if I *have* got through then as you know interviews start New Year week so I need to know so I can arrange time off if need be.

The fact Marie is on holiday now makes me more sure that there's a problem as I don't think for one second she would have gone on holiday and left this all unfinished, especially considering the timescale.

So on Monday I need to see if Tania replies to me and if she can shed any light. o_O

Daveb1664

Hey Smigg92, yeah I have checked my junk and also my deleted items folder in case for some reason I deleted it by accident.

Last night I e-mailed Marie, got her out-of-office as she is on holiday now until 31st :| but that said to contact Tania if it's urgent so I've forwarded my e-mail to her. Ordinarily I'd be patient but the thing is if I *have* got through then as you know interviews start New Year week so I need to know so I can arrange time off if need be.

The fact Marie is on holiday now makes me more sure that there's a problem as I don't think for one second she would have gone on holiday and left this all unfinished, especially considering the timescale.

So on Monday I need to see if Tania replies to me and if she can shed any light. o_O
Hope you find out soon. Just keep chipping away at your preparation incase your thrown a fast ball and try and enjoy your Christmas. I'm sure everything will be fine and it's just an admin error why you haven't been informed.

Bullet

HI guys
got my MTR assessment soon and been doing practices on the 4 dot test. for those who passed out of the 15 lines how many did you completing. im etting to 10 lines with

LaursP

sorry that just sent. out im getting to 10th line with good results.
On my test (that I passed) I got down to about 3-4 lines from the bottom of each portrait A4 piece of paper- although that doesn’t really help because I’m not sure how many lines were on each piece of paper.

Amanda

So it's now January and I still don't know the outcome. I've come to accept I haven't made it through but something has occurred to me.

I just wonder if I will have to wait until they have done the next round of assessments - for those people who had to wait so long for the outcome of the stage 1 assessments. Maybe they've filled all the available interview slots for the time being but there will be more for sure after the next round of second stage assessments, and the reason I haven't got an e-mail is because the e-mail typically says "you've passed, the next stage is an interview, here is your interview date", be without that they can't send it.

I know that's clutching at straws and I'm still of the opinion that I didn't make it through but it can only be one of the following things:

• I didn't make it through and they haven't told me because they haven't told the unsuccessful applicants yet - this strikes me as unlikely as everyone was supposed to have their outcome of yes or no by Friday 21st
  • My outcome of yes or no has somehow been lost in cyberspace - I'm less inclined to believe this as I've chased up for it, my e-mail was received because I got an out-of-office for it, if it were as simple as that they would have resent the e-mail or just replied.
  • The situation outlined above, in which I have to wait for the outcome of the next round of assessments. This just sounds too much of me wanting to believe the best in spite of everything else indicating the opposite.
I honestly don't know what to believe but this is not my first time in the process and communication has never been an issue before so.... I just wish someone would put me out of my misery!

Amanda

I obviously posted too soon... Got my e-mail and I'm through to the interview stage! Friday 11th.

I also realised some of you good people have your interviews starting tomorrow - good luck to you all!

LaursP

I obviously posted too soon... Got my e-mail and I'm through to the interview stage! Friday 11th.

I also realised some of you good people have your interviews starting tomorrow - good luck to you all!
Well done Amanda! Worth the wait... good luck.

JDMFTW

Haha well done panic over, must have been hard to not think about over Christmas! I guess I’ll get an email with the same date today then

Lopez

Well done Amanda, such a long wait over Christmas for you! Good luck everyone who's interviews start tomorrow

Busyboy89

Was hard guys...mainly questions on give us an example when?....or tell me a time you have done? Start running out of examples

Amanda

Yeah @Busyboy89, that's pretty much how I remember it, and although I tried to remember the STAR technique it just went completely out the window when I interviewed last year. o_O But it's pretty much the same for everyone so I'm sure you won't have done badly. Only time will tell! And since you were one of the first you'll have the longest wait. :|

Wizzy_896

HI Wizzy - what would you say is the hardest on the assessment day?

Hey sorry for taking to long!! To be honest the hardest bit for me were the group exercises. They were not too difficult, but being yourself when you’re being assessed is so difficult as you end up overthinking everything you do.
Had my interview today and it seemed to go ok and we had banter but they said they give my answers to HR so now I have to wait and see if they like me...

Status
Not open for further replies.