• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, is anyone else waiting for stage 1 results from the testing at the end of March? I was there on Friday 29th and have not heard anything. I emailed last week to ask if my results were available (as it's clear to me from this post and the other regarding the leed depot that people tested at the same time have been informed.)

Just wondering if there are others still wating really and I know there is nothing I can really do bit try and not check my emails every 5 mins!

Hi burn, I attended Derby morning of the 29th for stage 1. I was informed by e mail that i passed last Monday, but have heard nothing since other than they will be in touch soon regarding the next stage. Check your junk as sometimes updates can get lodged there. All the best, fingers crossed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

burnttealeaf

I

I was at the stage one testing on the 27th for Leeds and have done the video interview and been invited to stage two since then, might be an obvious one but have you checked your junk/spam emails?

Hi mark, thanks for your reply and good luck to you going forward. Yeah I've been checking my junk too as previous correspondence from EMT has found it's way there before, I'm just going to have to patient!

burnttealeaf

Hi burn, I attended Derby morning of the 29th for stage 1. I was informed by e mail that i passed last Monday, but have heard nothing since other than they will be in touch soon regarding the next stage. Check your junk as sometimes updates can get lodged there. All the best, fingers crossed.

Hi Wellington, thanks for your reply, I was there in the afternoon of the 29th. This and Mark's situation above as well as other posts about result from the same testing is what's confusing me. I suppose I have done all I can emailing politely asking if I can find out if I've passed. Good luck going forward, even if ive failed and it's the end of the road for me I'll keep checking back here, it will be nice to see some success stories!

milton thomas

Did they invited you for a video interview?

DeterminedSi

Hi all,

I completed my Stage 1 in March, my video interview earlier this month and I've been invited to a group interview tomorrow AM and, if successful, the competency based interview in the afternoon.

Does anyone have any tips, know what to expect, what questions they ask?

Many thanks in advance

Kevlar

Is anyone still waiting for a manager interview date? I had my group interview on the 18th March and haven't heard anything back apart from an email telling me I had passed the group interview.

DeterminedSi

Is anyone still waiting for a manager interview date? I had my group interview on the 18th March and haven't heard anything back apart from an email telling me I had passed the group interview.
Hi,

if you don't mind me asking, what did you have to do at your group interview?

Kevlar

We had a group task to build tower and then a cooperation exercise and then speed interviews. It's not about the task as you can completely fail it and be okay, just work well together with other people speak up and listen to others and do your research on the role and East Midlands trains and you should be fine.

DeterminedSi

We had a group task to build tower and then a cooperation exercise and then speed interviews. It's not about the task as you can completely fail it and be okay, just work well together with other people speak up and listen to others and do your research on the role and East Midlands trains and you should be fine.
thanks. rather nervous

Ducatidave

Still waiting Kevlar, getting board checking my emails every hour lol

2011dandd

I have a fade for the DMI also.
Nervous and stressed again!
With these type of pqa questions what’s the most important aspect? The strength of the example given to answer or the structure such as the star method and the trigger words covered?

Wellsinho

I have a fade for the DMI also.
Nervous and stressed again!
With these type of pqa questions what’s the most important aspect? The strength of the example given to answer or the structure such as the star method and the trigger words covered?

I'm very-much hoping you're overthinking it!

Wellsinho

How do you mean?

Only in the sense that I don't think you should let it stress you out - see it less like an interrogation and more like an opportunity to 'sell' yourself. I find that if you think of things more positively than negatively, it will effect you less and you'll perform better. Maybe that's just me o_O

Dynamonic

When I did the DM interview, I found it a lot less stressful than I was expecting.

Yes, it’s all structured, and the DM’s won’t give anything away about what they think of your answers, but they will try any make you as comfortable as they can.
Just keep to the STAR format as much as possible with your answers. This will help you keep your answers detailed and concise. :)

Good luck! :D

LCC106

Established Member
Always worth asking them at the end of the interview whether you’ve covered everything or if they want you to expand on anything. Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.