• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnttealeaf

Oh i didnt do video interview either !!
Hi mate, assuming we have received the same email it states group and individual exercises. From what I read on this forum, this stage consists of group activities (such building a tower out of paper in a group) and speed interviews where we get asked questions and have limited time (say 60 seconds) to answer before moving to another person and question, like a speed dating format. This is information from the forum so I'm not certain this will be what happens.

Its definitely a long process, will be worth it if we get through it all though!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi mate, assuming we have received the same email it states group and individual exercises. From what I read on this forum, this stage consists of group activities (such building a tower out of paper in a group) and speed interviews where we get asked questions and have limited time (say 60 seconds) to answer before moving to another person and question, like a speed dating format. This is information from the forum so I'm not certain this will be what happens.

Its definitely a long process, will be worth it if we get through it all though!
Thanks mate, yeah as you've stated thats as much as im aware of as well. Just looking forward now to getting on with things. Anyhow, all the best for tomorrow and i'll see you there bright and early.

pc131313

Good afternoon all,

This is the Talent team, please note we are monitoring this thread. If you have any questions about the process, please get in touch with us directly where you are more likely to get the correct information.

Thank you
Can you please explain why a number of candidates on this forum had no video interview, whilst a lot of them did. Seems an unfair process!

Stigy

Established Member
Can you please explain why a number of candidates on this forum had no video interview, whilst a lot of them did. Seems an unfair process!
I don’t understand your logic....Not everybody will be suitable for an interview. Unless you’re referring to some progressing with the process without interviews and some having to do them?

pc131313

I don’t understand your logic....Not everybody will be suitable for an interview. Unless you’re referring to some progressing with the process without interviews and some having to do them?
Yes I’m referring only to candidates who passed stage 1 testing. It seems not all had video interviews to progress to group stage assessments.

Smigg92

You do the three computer-based tests one after the other, then if you pass all 3 you do the MMI.... I failed one of the tests so didn't make it to the MMI.

@Smigg92, hope your course is going well! Glad to hear you got on one pretty quickly!

Hi Amanda, It's going great so far Thanks!

Hope You're well!

Wellsinho

I am in for the stage 2 testing on the 22nd at Nottingham at the jurys in. whos with me?
also the email mentioned nothing about mmi interview? but that this was the last thing to complete in the process

Hey how did it go? Was it just as you expected? How many were there? Should I ask more questions? :rolleyes::lol:

Bmwe46

Yes I’m referring only to candidates who passed stage 1 testing. It seems not all had video interviews to progress to group stage assessments.
Had my video interview last week. Still waiting for results. Is there any 1 else in this forum waiting???

Ducatidave

completed stage 2 phycometric testing this week , the lady from OPS said they were testing Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. All that attended with me passed the computer tests and hopefully will find out the results of the MMI next week.

REB

I am also into the talent pool, a huge relief! Good luck to those still waiting to hear back!
A massive thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it’s very helpful and a great way to know what to expect from the process.

Wellsinho

I didn't make it. Disappointment is a spectacular understatement. Congratulations to those of you who did.

Bmwe46

I am also into the talent pool, a huge relief! Good luck to those still waiting to hear back!
A massive thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it’s very helpful and a great way to know what to expect from the process.
Hi ar these pools for the mainline driver or jus the depot in Kettering??

Justy

Congratulations to everyone who managed to successfully pass the computer testing and MMI. Maybe if you don't mind, you can give some help and advice to those who didn't pass the MMI :(

I didn't make it. Disappointment is a spectacular understatement. Congratulations to those of you who did.

I didn't pass the MMI myself Wellsinho so I feel your pain. I've made notes on what was asked and what I said. Don't give up on the dream, I know I ain't giving up.
I'm going to work on myself and get some better experience as I think that will help me for my next and final attempt whenever that will be.

AshBod

Hi ar these pools for the mainline driver or jus the depot in Kettering??
You are confusing the 2 jobs
The trainee depot driver jobs are notts and derby. The trainee mainline driver jobs are at Kettering.
2 different roles with 2 different talent pools.

Bmwe46

S
Congratulations to everyone who managed to successfully pass the computer testing and MMI. Maybe if you don't mind, you can give some help and advice to those who didn't pass the MMI :(

I didn't pass the MMI myself Wellsinho so I feel your pain. I've made notes on what was asked and what I said. Don't give up on the dream, I know I ain't giving up.
I'm going to work on myself and get some better experience as I think that will help me for my next and final attempt whenever that will be.
O if u pass all of these tests but fail the MMI does it go down as 1 strike.

2011dandd

Congratulations to everyone that got through to the talent pool. Sorry to hear the news from those that didn’t. Keep plugging away and maintain your focus. Best of luck for the future.

I am in the talent pool. I let out an almighty roar when I read that email. Such brilliant news! Very excited for the future.

Great forum and great thread. Reading it in its entirety has been so helpful. Cheers to everyone that has contributed

Kevlar

Does any know know which ICT qualification we are supposed to have and any online courses where I could take this qualification?

Daveb1664

Does any know know which ICT qualification we are supposed to have and any online courses where I could take this qualification?
Ict functional skills level 2. Try your local college. I think the European computer driving licence may also be accepted.

Kevlar

Thanks, I did the European Computer Driving licence years ago and have move houses 3 times since then, but hopefully I can find it.

2011dandd

Ict functional skills level 2. Try your local college. I think the European computer driving licence may also be accepted.

I am a bit confused here.
I don’t have any ict qualifications but I am in the talent pool. I have never said I did have a qualification in ict. Do I need to gain one before a possible job offer or are those that don’t have it put through a course/qualification?
Cheers

Daveb1664

I am a bit confused here.
I don’t have any ict qualifications but I am in the talent pool. I have never said I did have a qualification in ict. Do I need to gain one before a possible job offer or are those that don’t have it put through a course/qualification?
Cheers
Im in the same situation. East midlands trains will put you though the course. Personally I have decided just the get the course done myself, it's the last thing I want to be worrying about when I start training.

Amanda

It's been a while since I last posted here. I failed my stage 2 in January (the grey square test) so have been waiting out my 6 months so I could retake it.

Did that on Monday, passed it, but found out today that I failed the MMI so it's game over completely for me. I'm surprisingly not bitter or upset about it, perhaps because I started this whole thing almost 2 years ago when I applied on a whim and I didn't expect to get past the application stage let alone get to the very end of the whole process nearly 2 years later! I feel like I've been on a journey, I've learnt things, my eyes have been opened about the rail industry, and I feel pretty chuffed and proud of myself to have got this far at all. :D

Just wanted to wish you all luck in your quest (and to those already driving, keep up the good work!).

Ducatidave

Sorry to hear that Amanda, I started the process last October and over that time have read all your posts and am now in the talent pool. Best of luck for the future

Wellsinho

It's been a while since I last posted here. I failed my stage 2 in January (the grey square test) so have been waiting out my 6 months so I could retake it.

Did that on Monday, passed it, but found out today that I failed the MMI so it's game over completely for me. I'm surprisingly not bitter or upset about it, perhaps because I started this whole thing almost 2 years ago when I applied on a whim and I didn't expect to get past the application stage let alone get to the very end of the whole process nearly 2 years later! I feel like I've been on a journey, I've learnt things, my eyes have been opened about the rail industry, and I feel pretty chuffed and proud of myself to have got this far at all. :D

Just wanted to wish you all luck in your quest (and to those already driving, keep up the good work!).

I'm sorry for you Amanda, having failed the MMI recently too I have an idea of how you feel. Remember that there are far more diverse careers in the rail industry than driving - good luck for the future.

Sorry to hear that Amanda, I started the process last October and over that time have read all your posts and am now in the talent pool. Best of luck for the future
Hi mate, ive got my DMI coming up in a coupke of week, so fingers crossed. On another point you mentioned you started your process in Oct 2018 like me and that you are noe waiting on a talent pool. Had the TOC given you any idea of how long you will be waiting on the pool for a training course ?????

Optimist

Im in the same situation. East midlands trains will put you though the course. Personally I have decided just the get the course done myself, it's the last thing I want to be worrying about when I start training.
Hi I was wondering where you are doing your ict course please? Also how much do they cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.