• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Depot Driver - East Midlands Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dynamonic

Thanks for this :) . Do you know when the deadline is ?

There is no deadline listed, but as all those vacancies have been up since last week. I'd imagine the deadline could be as soon as tomorrow. (Going by the last Depot Driver recruitment drive)

Good luck to everyone going for the roles!

Last edited:

Johncleesefan

looks like they closed it already, jobs are off the website, get ur applications in now

God knows if I've got mine in on time, emailed it around 10 mins ago! Not holding out much hope though.

Johncleesefan

Did you get the confirm ation email to say thy got it. I only emailed it when I posted the last msg on here

Yep I did, although that seemed fairly generic. Will see tomorrow I guess if they email back to say I was too late for the posted vacancy!

A bit frustrating as I had all my answers planned out last night, and tonight was just a question of adding them to the pdf. But was to be expected with the lack of a deadline on the forms, they could pull it at any time!

Maybe there'll be a bit of leeway, but we shall see.

Alan777

Posted mine special delivery first thing friday morning . I tracked it and they got it today . Still not sure if i done it in time . The position was still online thursday afternoon so surely they should allow time to post , well i hoping this is the case .

Johncleesefan

Me I did. I got a pasd for fgw stage 1 recently. Does tht apply now the tests have changed

Dynamonic

Me I did. I got a pasd for fgw stage 1 recently. Does tht apply now the tests have changed

Congratulations on getting through! Best ask HR when you ring to confirm your assessment date about your recent pass. I reckon you'd have to sit Stage 1 again though, as the content is probably different. :(

anthony263

Established Member
Not exactly true as you will see from reading the Colas trainiee driver thread.

Most likely you will have to do the new tests howver your existing results will be retained for those tests you have done previously.

Anyway best to confirm this with East Midlands Trains

TDK

Established Member
A good friend of mine has just passed his traction as depot driver for EMT and is well impressed with both the company and the training.

Dynamonic

A good friend of mine has just passed his traction as depot driver for EMT and is well impressed with both the company and the training.

I echo that. I recently sat a Senior Conductor assessment centre with East Midlands Trains and the staff are wonderful there. It really fuelled my desire to work with them!

Now I'm in the rather unexpected, but pleasant situation of going through the Senior Conductor process (although I'm still waiting for my Interview result from 24th October) and now also the Depot Train Driver process too. :D

Last edited:

Johncleesefan

I have booked my attendance for trainee depot driver for next week, having spoken to hr about my previous gb and trp 1 & 2 pass recently it would seem I have to sit the whole process again with them, maybe as the new style assessments have kicked in. No skin off my nose though. I m so grateful that I have made it to the assessment so positive thinking all the way :)

Dynamonic

I'm booked in now for next Wednesday afternoon!
This'll be my first Train Driver assessment, and for some reason, I'm looking forward to it, lol. :)

It's a shame you'll have to do the whole lot again Johncleesefan, but, like you said, it's an achievement to make it to the assessment, and I'm sure you'll be fine with the new tests.

All the best for next week!

Last edited:

Gazp126

Completed stage 1 assessment last week. How did everyone think it went? Think the dails test seemed to be the one that people struggled with the most. Think it will be a few weeks till we hear who's made it through to stage 2.

Dynamonic

I thought it went quite well. Were you missing the dials practice material too?

I'm not too concerned about the dials test because although there's lots of questions, I know it's very hard to finish all of them, and I'm convinced I would have got the vast majority of them I did right. I did about 27 of them in the time allowed.

I know what you mean though, I could tell in the practice session that most people were going to find that test harder than others with all the tutting and groaning going on, lol.

I think the test that challenged me the most was the TEA-Occ test. This is mainly because I felt I spent too much time carefully circling an entire entrant in that Yellow Pages thing, as opposed to the symbols.

I circled the whole entry in Part 2, and just the symbols in Part 3 in the panic of listening to the beeps.

All in all, I'm feeling confident, and I really hope I've made it.

If I don't make it, I know I can nail it next time!

Time will tell.

Good luck to you as well! :D

Last edited:

Dynamonic

Hi everyone!

I've just received a letter in the post from East Midlands Trains informing me that I was successful at Stage 1, and that they will be in contact with me in due course for Stage 2.

To say I'm delighted is an understatement! :D

I'd like to wish everyone else waiting for results, or about to sit the assessments the best of luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.