• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver - DB Cargo - Various locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiesta89

Hi everyone new to this and following chat. Ive also applied Westbury and through to second stage. Anyone got any insight if DB are good company to work for? Or where they train their drivers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Atishyou

Hi everyone new to this and following chat. Ive also applied Westbury and through to second stage. Anyone got any insight if DB are good company to work for? Or where they train their drivers?

Surely that's down to personal opinion? I find them good to work for and I enjoy my work.

Drivers are trained at Didcot, Toton or Knottingley, although I understand less training is being done at Toton due to less facilities there now.

Fiesta89

Thanks Atishyou read some negative stuff around contracts and working hours so only looking for another opinion.

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks Atishyou read some negative stuff around contracts and working hours so only looking for another opinion.
I think it’s much the same whichever freigh company one works for. The shifts are going to be largely nights or very unsociable for a start.

Atishyou

Just be wary of what other posters say (and I'm no different), you don't know who they are or what their motives are!

Like I say, everyone has different opinions. I've worked lots of jobs and hands down, doing what I do for DB is by far the best.

Luke2015

Has anyone heard back regarding Dartford/ Hither Green?
Friday now so assuming I’m out.

anglian96

Hi people I see people have no reply and are wondering if there through! I got a email on the 07/11/18 asking to attend assesment stage 1 in reading on the 13/11/18 and then on the 14/11/18 they phoned me up asking me to attend a stage 2 computerised and MMI in Doncaster for the 29/11/18. I applied for dartford depot and barking depot as a trainee. Good luck to everyone

BallastMonkey

Hi people I see people have no reply and are wondering if there through! I got a email on the 07/11/18 asking to attend assesment stage 1 in reading on the 13/11/18 and then on the 14/11/18 they phoned me up asking me to attend a stage 2 computerised and MMI in Doncaster for the 29/11/18. I applied for dartford depot and barking depot as a trainee. Good luck to everyone

Did they give you any idea when DMI's will be?

Paddy O'Doors

Anyone got any insight if DB are good company to work for?

Surely that's down to personal opinion?

As Atishyou says, everyone will have a different opinion.
If you listen to older drivers who've never worked outside the railway, you would think it was the worst job in the world.
Yes, there's a lot of unsocial hours, but you are handsomely rewarded for this in your monthly (or should I say 4 weekly) wage packet.
Personally, having come to the driving grade from outside the railway, l can tell you that it certainly beats working for a living.

Fiesta89

Thanks Paddy, unsocial hours are not a problem for me, will go through the process and see where it takes me

Fiesta89

Let us know how it goes Chad.. Im up Doncaster the week later

Seejwalker

Anyone interviewed for Junior driver? I have my interview tomorrow, I was wondering what the interview experience is like with DB as I've interviewed with another FOC and they where generally pretty relaxed.

Gary Craig

Hey Chad, same here. Only I'm up on 26th. Fingers crossed we both make it through and I will see you at Hither Green

Seejwalker

Had my CDM Interview today for the junior driver role, the interview went really well and the interviewers made it a really enjoyable part of the process and made my first real glimpse at DB a positive one.

Gary Craig

Had my CDM Interview today for the junior driver role, the interview went really well and the interviewers made it a really enjoyable part of the process and made my first real glimpse at DB a positive one.
Hey Seejwalker

When do you find out the result of the interview? Fingers crossed for you

UTC123

Anyone got a date for their MMI/computer tests that isn't it 29/11?

Trainee not depot dvr

Gary Craig

Hi everyone. I am trying to get an idea of the breakdown of the driver training. Does anyone know?
ie, how long is the initial classroom part?
When we start the practical part is thst at the training centre or our own depot location?
Basically how long are we at the training centre before we are released to our home depot?

gbi17

Hi everyone. I am trying to get an idea of the breakdown of the driver training. Does anyone know?
ie, how long is the initial classroom part?
When we start the practical part is thst at the training centre or our own depot location?
Basically how long are we at the training centre before we are released to our home depot?

I asked this in my CDM interview and he said it was roughly 20 weeks classroom and then out to your yard for practical etc.

Well here's a thing... just 20 minutes after getting a 'vacancy no longer exists email' from TPE, I've received an assessment day invite from DB Cargo for the trainee driver role!

Status
Not open for further replies.