• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver - DB Cargo - Various locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seejwalker

I applied for Eastleigh. How was your interview?

Brilliant mate, by far the most relaxed Interview I've had. I feel it went really well and hope they did too. I should find out next week what the outcome was.

Stigy

Established Member
Brilliant mate, by far the most relaxed Interview I've had. I feel it went really well and hope they did too. I should find out next week what the outcome was.
That’s good to know. Freightliner’s interview was really relaxed, was this one more so?

Stigy

Established Member
Yeah mate, I didn't think it was possible, but it certainly was. They where both good interviews.
That’s good then. Where did you have to go for interview? Any advice you have about content would be good too. What depot did you apply for?

Gary Craig

It used to be 10 weeks, broken down as 2 weeks PTS and introduction to shunting, rules and core traction (class 66).

Then back to your home depot to get your 150 hours handling. Getting your hours in depends on mentor availability and shifts.

You'll also likely have 2 weeks on the simulator. I'm not sure when this is done now. It used to be done after you had done some handling.

Then there's any conversion courses, such as a Class 60 course. Depending on your depot and how many trainees there are, you might do one at your home depot or go elsewhere for it. Usually a 2 day course.
Thanks Atishyou. That's great info. Really appreciate it.

Gary Craig

How you get on pal?
Hello mate. Sorry late day travelling back last night and up early for work this morning
All done and passed. I guess it'll be the dmi interviews next. They are doing assessments up until mid December. So I guess I will hear more then about the next stage.
The assessments and interview are really relaxed. Quite enjoyable really.
All I would say is make sure you strike the green button quick on the first one with the flashing square I thought my reactions were okay but I was told they were quite slow. Maybe I was too relaxed!
The interview is a pretty straight forward six scenarios you have to give and they ask questions on that. Very straight forward
They tell you on the day if you pass or fail.
Good luck mate. Let me know how it goes

GJL9916

Do any of you guys know if DB take on any drivers based in the Cheshire area?

UTC123

Passed my stage 2 and MMI today. Lady doing the MMI told me they're assessing up until February (although that was Jnr and Trainee I am lead to believe).

All very friendly and relaxed but I'm not in a rush to ever repeat the tests!

fastfall

I applied for the trainee driver at Dollands Moor, never heard anything within the two weeks so sort of assume I have been unsuccessful. However I have passed all my assessments to enhanced level with a TOC last year including the MMI. Not sure whether to have a glimmer of hope that once all the assesments have been done they might still contact me for a DMI or whether that is wishful thinking :)

Gary Craig

Passed my stage 2 and MMI today. Lady doing the MMI told me they're assessing up until February (although that was Jnr and Trainee I am lead to believe).

All very friendly and relaxed but I'm not in a rush to ever repeat the tests!
Well done mate. Passed mine yesterday. So all good.

Pete C

Not sure whether to have a glimmer of hope that once all the assesments have been done they might still contact me for a DMI or whether that is wishful thinking :)

Could be - I applied for Barking and told them I had also recently passed all the assessments and have heard nothing. Could mean we've failed the sift straight out or could be as you say.

I'll have to decline if they do offer me a DMI as I will soon be starting as a trainee with Freightliner, however I wish you all the best of luck!

BallastMonkey

For all those who already have done the psychometrics, don't lose help as I received this not too long ago

Dear Candidate

Thank you for your application for the Junior/Trainee driver role

This email is to update you in terms of your application process.

You are currently being held in a talent pool and will be invited to attended an interview once we have interview dates in place.

The interviewing manager will then make a decision on how they would wish to proceed further with your application.

Thank you in advance

Good Luck

anglian96

Hello mate. Sorry late day travelling back last night and up early for work this morning
All done and passed. I guess it'll be the dmi interviews next. They are doing assessments up until mid December. So I guess I will hear more then about the next stage.
The assessments and interview are really relaxed. Quite enjoyable really.
All I would say is make sure you strike the green button quick on the first one with the flashing square I thought my reactions were okay but I was told they were quite slow. Maybe I was too relaxed!
The interview is a pretty straight forward six scenarios you have to give and they ask questions on that. Very straight forward
They tell you on the day if you pass or fail.
Good luck mate. Let me know how it goes
Well done on passing , will do cheers

Jonnyboy84

For all those who already have done the psychometrics, don't lose help as I received this not too long ago

Dear Candidate

You are currently being held in a talent pool and will be invited to attended an interview once we have interview dates in place.

The interviewing manager will then make a decision on how they would wish to proceed further with your application.

Thank you in advance

Good Luck
Yep received same email just a waiting game now☺️

Stigy

Established Member

Dear Candidate

Thank you in advance

Good Luck
Received the same one myself (think I posted it somewhere but there’s so many threads knocking about I’ve lost track!).

And today I received my invite to attend an interview! I’m glad about this, only trouble is, it’s on a day that I’ll find it difficult to attend! The only day of the sort I might add. Not sure how flexible they are, but I know usually they are pretty strict. On the plus side it’s held at the depot at which I applied so being local with local managers maybe it’ll be a bit easier to move about?

Good luck all!

BallastMonkey

Received the same one myself (think I posted it somewhere but there’s so many threads knocking about I’ve lost track!).

And today I received my invite to attend an interview! I’m glad about this, only trouble is, it’s on a day that I’ll find it difficult to attend! The only day of the sort I might add. Not sure how flexible they are, but I know usually they are pretty strict. On the plus side it’s held at the depot at which I applied so being local with local managers maybe it’ll be a bit easier to move about?

Good luck all!

Glad to hear they're finally sending invites out, just waiting for my turn to be called up! When have they invited you, and what depot did you apply for?

Stigy

Established Member
Glad to hear they're finally sending invites out, just waiting for my turn to be called up! When have they invited you, and what depot did you apply for?
12th and Eastleigh. Interview is at Eastleigh too which is a bonus. I will attend, I’ll have to do some delegating though. This means too much to me to risk not getting another date.

Numbnuts846

Got my drivers assessment in reading 21st jan for junior driver / trainee . Applied for both eastleigh and westbury. Last passed the assessment in Feb 2014 with db in Doncaster for a position at Westbury had the interview with the driver manager and was awaiting a medical when the jobs got placed on hold .

Stigy

Established Member
Got my drivers assessment in reading 21st jan for junior driver / trainee . Applied for both eastleigh and westbury. Last passed the assessment in Feb 2014 with db in Doncaster for a position at Westbury had the interview with the driver manager and was awaiting a medical when the jobs got placed on hold .
If you passed less than 5-years ago how come you have to retake the assessments? I passed most of mine 3.5 ish years ago and don’t have to retake any? I assumed it was five years for DB, maybe it’s 4?

Numbnuts846

I thought it was 5 years . I will check when I'm there I don't mind resitting it again I found it rather relaxing compared to the old tests I've done

Status
Not open for further replies.