• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

newjobplease

Evening all, please excuse my naivety but... Been a trainee train driver!! Does that mean you have passed all the relevant entry exams but are awaiting a contract from a TOC? Thanks all.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
Evening all, please excuse my naivety but... Been a trainee train driver!! Does that mean you have passed all the relevant entry exams but are awaiting a contract from a TOC? Thanks all.

If you mean being a trainee driver! This actually means you have been given the job and are in training, anyone who has passed the tests and are awaiting an offer are unemployed or remaining in their current role.

newjobplease

TDK thanks for the reply. so in my circumstances, I've just received my contract for MTR as a Trainee Driver, once the training is complete will I then go into a talent pool OR will I then become a driver for MTR... thanks again

Last edited:

302PS

If you've been given a contract you're not going in a pool...... You passed the tests you say?

D1939

TDK thanks for the reply. so in my circumstances, I've just received my contract for MTR as a Trainee Driver, once the training is complete will I then go into a talent pool OR will I then become a driver for MTR... thanks again

If you have a contract and date for starting the training, you will be a train driver once the training is complete. The talent pool is where you wait for a contract/ date for training to start

Status
Not open for further replies.