• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver vacancies DBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 9

Yes, Eggborough said it would be uneconomic to burn coal beyond 2015 and would close, then all of a sudden it's being bought by a Czech power company EPH.... And it's still operating!
God knows what's going on

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenyeti

My assessment day for the 24th was cancelled last Fri (20th). I was told there are no plans to recruit for the foreseeable future and no details will be kept on file so you'd need to re apply if vacancies are advertised in future.

Deltic Dan

Just recieved my email of doom stating no more recruitment for 2015!
Quote-"I am sorry to advise that we have had to postponse any traincrew recruitment for 2015 as the company undertakes a detailed business review."

But least they did wish me luck on finding other employment.

But it doesnt sound good!!!

stop_examine

I have also recieved the email too. I am still waiting to find out if i have been successful for a groundstaff position but its been nearly 2 weeks since they said they would call and still nothing.

The Snap

Established Member
Do we think this applies to those in the Talent Pool too?

darren111

Got same email too, I applied for Doncaster.
Email quote -
Thank you for your application sent in last year in connection with the Trainee Driver/Driver Operator vacancies at DB Schenker.
I apologise for the time that it has taken us to respond to your initial application and would like to thank you for the patience you have shown in allowing us to make our decisions. We wanted to keep everyone's application live until the very last minute to try and avoid rejecting candidates and potentially asking people to re-apply again in the future.
I am sorry to advise that we have had to postponse any traincrew recruitment for 2015 as the company undertakes a detailed business review.

Whilst I realise this will be a disappointing reply for you, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in working with us at DB Schenker and wish you every success in your search for alternative employment.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
By the way, just got that email today.

TrainRookie

Hi, first post, I recently past the initial assessment for DB Schenker, and then a couple days later the news came out about the recruitment freeze. I rang there recruitment just to find out where I stood and they said that the freeze didn't affect people in the talent pool. So there may still be some hope

d_kingscott

I'm in the talent pool and still not had any positive or negative emails yet, is anyone else in this position i.e. already passed assessments and just waiting for an interview?

TrainRookie

Yeah I'm in the same position d kingsscott, I was told at my assessment not until October at least just a waiting game really

The Snap

Established Member
I'm in the talent pool and still not had any positive or negative emails yet, is anyone else in this position i.e. already passed assessments and just waiting for an interview?

Yeah I'm in the same position d kingsscott, I was told at my assessment not until October at least just a waiting game really

Thanks for that, be good to get summer out of the way to be honest.

I'm in the Talent Pool and have had a few interviews. The last one was at Crewe before Christmas with the Regional DM, and was very positive. Unfortunately, in his words, he didn't have a job to offer, hence I went into the Talent Pool.

There is hope yet!

TrainRookie

I'm in the Talent Pool and have had a few interviews. The last one was at Crewe before Christmas with the Regional DM, and was very positive. Unfortunately, in his words, he didn't have a job to offer, hence I went into the Talent Pool.

There is hope yet!

I only did my assessment in March, the good news I suppose is I was told that around 40% of their drivers are at or near retirement age in the near future

dapc

I know of two people who ive helped with advice for the assesment and both passing the DM interviews that havent heard anything as of yet.

TrainRookie

What did yours say ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Mine didn't say I wasn't being recruited just that I won't be in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.