• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Driver Vacancy - Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Januss

You're referring to the official staff pass, which I won't get until next week. I only have the authorisation letter, permitting travel on GTR services for next week. It's this letter that refers to all companies apart from Southeastern. If I can use this letter, it will save me a considerable amount of money!

We all got our staff passes on the Wednesday of the induction week for all GTR companies. The standard travel letter does only say Southern, Gatwick Express, Thameslink and Great Northern. So I would not start paying for a weeks worth yet, certainly not till you speak to the Induction trainer on Monday.

Uniform that was ordered turned up on the Friday at the start of the training course, at our classroom. Be prepared to send most of it back as most of it comes up larger than you think. Think we have only just all managed to get a complete set now some 3 months in.
Loads of studying coming up for you then, but well worth it, hard to cope in some areas but very enjoyable.

All I see is the Key at the end of the tunnel of hard graft.

Well done, very quick process. All of my class had at least 13 months from application to start date.

Good luck and the main thin enjoy it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joystick

Hello is the test in Croydon for the Group bourdon just dots or is letters as well ?i have only been practising dots !
Cheers

Biohazardous

Have received an email inviting me for an assessment day. All booked in for next week. Now to practice and keep my fingers crossed!

cwjohnstone

Have received an email inviting me for an assessment day. All booked in for next week. Now to practice and keep my fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone at the assessment centre, just keep focused and you'll be ok, just remember if you have any doubts.... ANY doubts, ask the assessor before you start the test no mater how stupid it may feel, there are trivial things that can catch you out if you misunderstand the instructions and then that's it, strike 1, so once again good luck all....

Biohazardous

Well, out of 8 who started this morning only 2 of us passed! Really long day but pretty stoked by the outcome!!

cwjohnstone

Well, out of 8 who started this morning only 2 of us passed! Really long day but pretty stoked by the outcome!!

Nice one mate! Thankfully I did my tests with SouthEastern which had the tests and MMI on the same day and GTR recognised the results, dunno why they do DMI before the MMI but best of luck anyway....

BaGz1885

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I applied for the Thameslink trainee train driver job at Gillingham Depot in September. I was lucky enough to be invited to sit the assessment day earlier this month. Again luckily enough I managed to pass that and had my DMI this week. They seemed to like me and I now have a date for my MMI early January. It's been a quick and intense process but a really enjoyable one. Just have to keep up the hard work and hopefully I'll pass the next stage!? This forum and this thread in particular has been an invaluable resource. Thanks to those who've posted and good luck to those going through the same process.

Biohazardous

Hopefully the dates of availability for the line manager interview will be offered next week and then have to wait for another date after that for the MMI interview. They did say that the medical would be on another separate day but I hope that they will combine them.

Any ideas on what to research for the line manager interview?

Trainguy90

Hi guys, I don't suppose anyone has found a way to contact GTR recruitment directly?
I know you can ask questions once you have applied although I did this and received nothing back. if anyone has an email or phone number could you pm me please

many thanks

Biohazardous

Hi
Is anyone currently training with GTR who could let me know where the training is? I thought I heard that it was in London but I'm unsure. Also, any idea on what hours the training is? Is it permanent days or are there shifts involved?
Thanks for any help

Scattle

Cannon Street, some at London Bridge and also one Gillingham course at Bedford currently.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Found out about this 2 hours before the deadline and applied with 5 minutes to spare! Got confirmation of receipt so at least my application will be considered. Simply didn't have time to write a covering letter, noticed it was marked as optional and felt everything I would have written in a CL was covered by the questions asked. Hopefully this won't rule me out on first filter, will post progress here as it happens...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmbeak78

Hopefully the dates of availability for the line manager interview will be offered next week and then have to wait for another date after that for the MMI interview. They did say that the medical would be on another separate day but I hope that they will combine them.

Any ideas on what to research for the line manager interview?

There are lots of dates on there now, but most do not state whether they are for the DMI or MMI.
I've sent an email to one of their Recruitment Advisors regarding this and will (hopefully) get a reply tomorrow.

Biohazardous

There are lots of dates on there now, but most do not state whether they are for the DMI or MMI.
I've sent an email to one of their Recruitment Advisors regarding this and will (hopefully) get a reply tomorrow.

I received a call today and have the line manager interview booked in for beginning of January. Now for the research!!

Headleylemar

Hello everyone , I am wondering if anyone could give me any information about waiting times to begin training , I have done the assessment day and had both interviews but the last one was back in march and I have heard nothing since about a start date and medical .I was informed that I had been successful in the interviews and that I would be contacted soon about start date and booking a medical but that was 9 months ago and I am wondering if this is normal or if I have just missed out . I have called a few times but only get told that there isn't a course date set yet , please help any information would be gratefully appreciated

RedZed

Hello everyone , I am wondering if anyone could give me any information about waiting times to begin training , I have done the assessment day and had both interviews but the last one was back in march and I have heard nothing since about a start date and medical .I was informed that I had been successful in the interviews and that I would be contacted soon about start date and booking a medical but that was 9 months ago and I am wondering if this is normal or if I have just missed out . I have called a few times but only get told that there isn't a course date set yet , please help any information would be gratefully appreciated

You'll be lucky to find any additional info here mate. Take a look at the other GTR thread. Some of us have been in their 'talent pool' for the last 18 months / two years. Last communication I had with GTR was last April with them informing me that I continue to be in their talent pool and they will progress me when they have a course to offer. Since then, nothing, nada , zilch. They refuse to respond to any communications either by email, their career portal or telephone. Make of that what you will.

BaGz1885

Have you applied for the Gillingham position?

In the email I received it stated that there was a possibility that you may have the MMI on the same day after the assessments dependant on time or if not at a later date. Is this the case for anyone who has already attended? Also I've had conflicting reports that the DMI is now before the MMI?

Could you guys let me into a bit of jargon? Am I correct that DMI = Driver Manager Interview? And what is MMI?

Thanks! :)

Huckleberry

Could you guys let me into a bit of jargon? Am I correct that DMI = Driver Manager Interview? And what is MMI?

Thanks! :)

That's correct.

MMI is Multi-modal Interview. It's part of the asssment process. It's supposed to be held after all the assessments have been completed, but is usually held at a later date.

This may not be the best thread to ask this question, so apologies if it should be elsewhere , but I'm new so be gentle ! ;)

I have read that most TOC's do the recruitment in the same order..

Assessment day, MMI , DMI then medical , But so far I have completed the assessment day followed by the DMI ( just waiting to hear how I went ) Is this unique to Thameslink ? What would the reasoning be to change the order??

ninhog

It would seem that you're in the "talent pool" so I guess you just need to wait and see if you get contacted.

Received my rejection email for my application this week:

Application for Govia Thameslink Railway Vacancy Number GTR/1302 - Trainee Train Driver

Thank you for submitting your application for the above position with GTR.

After careful review of all the applications received, I am writing to inform you that unfortunately on this occasion you have not been short-listed for progression.

Your application demonstrated many strengths however other candidates skills and experience were more closely aligned to the requirements of this particular role.

We understand that this will come as disappointing news but would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your application and for your interest in working with GTR.

Regards,

The GTR Recruitment Team

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in getting any feedback from GTR; I've sent them a message using their online application system, and await further news...

choochoochoo

Established Member
Just confirming nothing has changed. Thameslink assessment is OPC-type tests on day 1, then DMI at a later date, followed by MMI ?

When do you submit your short answers to MMI questions ? at the first assessment day or at the start of the MMI assessment day?

Status
Not open for further replies.