• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee drivers at DB schenker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kins73

Unfortunately I was told that I failed on the group bouron test, can only think that i went too fast and missed some groups of dots, gutted is an understatement-i thought i was good at the bouron test..............

emrysgwen

Rugi and hstfan. Have you heard any more? I have and its all good. Just wondering if you pair have and if so which position they are inviting you for? Obviously I understand if you dont want to post or share that information.

Was nice to meet you both, and again thanks for the lift home it was very much appreciated.

See you both soon hopefully!

P.s scrap most if that as I just saw your other replies! Well done guys.

Last edited:

rugi

You are both very welcome. I hope we will be together again soon. I would private message you both but can't find the tag/button. Maybe I'm not allowed, when I post it takes hours before it appears.

emrysgwen

Same here, I am quite happy about that too. I think it will mean a good variation of work

Beveridges

Established Member
You can't go wrong with Driver Operator, it's a totally different type of driving to mainline, which suits some people better than other's, and if you still want to go mainline that option will be there as well in the future

kins73

Congratulations to all that passed on Tuesday, I had to do the walk of shame as first one to be told of failure. Now, to those that passed, what kind of position did you get through on each bourdon test? I think I was too fired up and sped through without being accurate.
Still licking my wounds! Maybe give it another go if the opportunity arrises.

emrysgwen

I cant believe that happened. Same for sean. The gb test is classed as tough but at least you know what to expect next time. And im more than sure there will be a next time. Im looking forward to the next steps to see how far I can go. I guess all the driver roles went to qualified first.

rugi

Congratulations to all that passed on Tuesday, I had to do the walk of shame as first one to be told of failure. Now, to those that passed, what kind of position did you get through on each bourdon test? I think I was too fired up and sped through without being accurate.
Still licking my wounds! Maybe give it another go if the opportunity arrises.

I Think you are correct, as I glanced at your sheet and I guess you were atleast 3 rows per sheet ahead of me. I was very surprised to see you leave. For what it is worth I was geting 1150 cells no errors with 1/2 omission or none on the lap top practice. I'm sure you will be fine next time. Also are you aware it all starts new tests around September apparently. Either way good luck to you.

TDK

Established Member
I Think you are correct, as I glanced at your sheet and I guess you were atleast 3 rows per sheet ahead of me. I was very surprised to see you leave. For what it is worth I was geting 1150 cells no errors with 1/2 omission or none on the lap top practice. I'm sure you will be fine next time. Also are you aware it all starts new tests around September apparently. Either way good luck to you.

It surprises me after all the stuff added to this forum, especially by myself that some people still do not listen and go hell for leather and do not concentrate on accuracy and consistancy:roll:

Dave1987

On Moderation
It surprises me after all the stuff added to this forum, especially by myself that some people still do not listen and go hell for leather and do not concentrate on accuracy and consistancy:roll:

Though it sounds like soon the GBT will be obsolete, and the new test looks very very difficult.

TDK

Established Member
Cheers for that 'Dave 1987'!

Only got yourselves to blame downloading practice material and what not! It was designed to test concentration over a period of time, if you prqactice it constatly before hand the test becomes useless.

emrysgwen

Time for the next stage. Meet with mr Neil Ethell. Getting excited now. Fingers crossed next report will be off to medical on monday!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Yes, bit nervous about this one compared to how chilled I was last time haha

Status
Not open for further replies.