• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Had phone interview yesterday, was told would hear back in 3-4 weeks, literally within 5 minutes had an email saying I had passed it, and to await further details of next stage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick82

I am starting to concede into defeat, I also applied for Newcastle and I have not heard a word either way, surly it can not take this long to find candidates for telephone interview

Established Member
I am starting to concede into defeat, I also applied for Newcastle and I have not heard a word either way, surly it can not take this long to find candidates for telephone interview

All depends how many people applied, and passed the 2 online assessments. Each call was allowed a 30 minute slot, that's only 18 calls a day, if only one person doing the calls. This is my 1st time applying so I have no idea on time scales etc.

Nick82

Considering contacting HR today as no news as of yet. Anyone in the same boat as me who is also considering contacting HR or has done so already regarding their ongoing application.

Hopeful2015

Research ftpe. Any situations you might have been in where you had to remain calm and think straight. Since being a train driver could be pretty stressful. d

Aivilo

Can be insanely stressful and a few of you are having trouble merely waiting for a reply.

Regarding pointers do some research. After all you are competition for some of these lads

wickedhigh

Dont get me wrong ive done plenty of research and am pretty confident with the scenarios ive been in, and obviously i know i am up against some on here, just helpful tips cant do any harm can they..i agree about the "flappers" tho :lol:

Nick82

This forum seems to off gone quiet some what, how the process going for you guys

jase1971

Hello all,

After approximately two weeks since applying I've had an offer of a telephone interview. Good luck to everyone and chin up if you still haven't heard as of yet!!

Nick82

Hello all,

After approximately two weeks since applying I've had an offer of a telephone interview. Good luck to everyone and chin up if you still haven't heard as of yet!!

When did you receive your offer for interview

posh

Hi,

Had the e-mail this afternoon to book a telephone interview next week with TPE for York. Good advice from all the posts saying sit tight and no news is good news - waited over two weeks to hear today. Good luck for everyone else who also have one and well done to those who have already successfully completed their telephone interviews.

jase1971

Good stuff all the best, how far in advance from your email are you being offered and interview, few days?

Thanks Nick, mine is next week. It's like anything else really in that this is a one time gig and you basically have 30 minutes to impress - no 2nd chances! As for you Nick, I hope you hear something positive very soon.

cin88

Just booked my interview for Manchester. Time to get my homework done. Good luck to everyone else currently going through the application process.

Des587

Well had my telephone interview today and happy to say that I received an email saying I was successful and to wait for further contact regarding the next stage. Good luck to those whose interview is upcoming.

DavidUK

Just found this thread, I put my application in on 17th of October and completed the two online tests. I have not heard anything since then though, application status still says 'application submitted'.
Still hopeful for a telephone interview email...

Nick82

Just found this thread, I put my application in on 17th of October and completed the two online tests. I have not heard anything since then though, application status still says 'application submitted'.
Still hopeful for a telephone interview email...

I found out earlier this week that they are sending invitations out over the next couple of weeks as they are conducting the interviews in stages. so there's still hope for some of us

Frankie2015

Well had my telephone interview today and happy to say that I received an email saying I was successful and to wait for further contact regarding the next stage. Good luck to those whose interview is upcoming.

How long did it take to get back to you mate? Just had mine.

CharlieMac30

Fo those who have had their train driver phone interview, which stage is this and have you done the group bourdon test yet?

I am an aspiring train driver when I reach the right age but I'm only 14 at the minute.

Frankie2015

Hi Frankie, had an email around about 1 hour after.

I've heard nothing back, not confident at all to be honest. My own fault really as I didnt prepare properly, 12 hour nightshifts didn't give me the best chance either!

awl26

I've heard nothing back, not confident at all to be honest. My own fault really as I didnt prepare properly, 12 hour nightshifts didn't give me the best chance either!

What did they ask you? Was it what they sent in the email attachment?

PeteBR

Just completed my telephone interview and had the passed email within 10 minutes. The only thing is does say await email for next stage, but it also says you still may not get to the next stage which will be based on scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.