• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH1986

Anyone have any interviews today and how did it go ?

I had mine yesterday. Went pretty well I think, but there's a lot of people through to interview, I just have to hope I've done good enough!

DMI with Northern was definitely before tests when I applied with them (late 2013). Because I passed the interview then didnt make their enhanced grade on 1 of the assessments. It is possible this has changed since, but I have not heard this for definite.

I only know DMI first from people I know, but they had their's at least 3 or 4 years ago, some even longer haha. It'll all change with the new franchise though I reckon and they probably won't recruit till then either.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daz9284

I had mine yesterday. Went pretty well I think, but there's a lot of people through to interview, I just have to hope I've done good enough!

I only know DMI first from people I know, but they had their's at least 3 or 4 years ago, some even longer haha. It'll all change with the new franchise though I reckon and they probably won't recruit till then either.

They still do DMI first, and they are recruiting prior to franchise change over.

Regards
Darryl

DH1986

They still do DMI first, and they are recruiting prior to franchise change over.

Regards
Darryl

A DTM at Piccadilly has said there are no driver courses until at least June. But that could just be for this side of the Pennines. One of our friends has done her assessment internally from being a Guard, she's waiting for a course as they keep postponing it.

Louby

A DTM at Piccadilly has said there are no driver courses until at least June. But that could just be for this side of the Pennines. One of our friends has done her assessment internally from being a Guard, she's waiting for a course as they keep postponing it.

She's in the pool with me :)

Just to confirm this is for northern

Hopeful2015

Yeah for Northern. If anyone has passed the assessments for TPE then just keep an eye out :)

Would you have to tell them at interview that you had passed assessments or would they know?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Yeah for Northern. If anyone has passed the assessments for TPE then just keep an eye out :)

Would you have to tell them at interview that you had passed assessments or would they know?
Does it ask on application form?

DH1986

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Does it ask on application form?

Northern ask on your application if and when you have done any assessments before, then they'll go away and check it!

Hopeful2015

Ah maccies the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. Lol
just relax mine was the most laid back interview I've ever had

Last edited:

kaine19

I am fairly relaxed to say it's for a 44k job haha. But I think I will be slightly nervous before going in

kaine19

I don't think that went good at all. I just went blank. Forgot loads. Felt on the spot with sum questions were I thought wtf ha

kaine19

Yeah gave them an answer. I had to stop sometimes and think is my answer correct for what your asking haha

Mattm123

Yeah gave them an answer. I had to stop sometimes and think is my answer correct for what your asking haha

Your getting me nervous now! I'm sure you did fine! So there was questions in there that you didn't expect to be in there?

kaine19

To be honest yeah a few. And one I thought well I've just answered that so wasn't sure how to answer it. But I just went with what I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.