• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Drivers TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCMLaddict

Maybe mods should split this thread as it's supposed to be about TPE not Northern?
Then I would be able to add my two cents.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Onedirection

Can I remind everyone this thread is for TPE trainee train drivers. Please start another separate thread if it is nothing to do with the current TPE train driver intake. Thanks

Albatross

Thanks for that crucially important reminder mate, there was a real danger that people had forgotten :roll:

Hopeful2015

Had anyone got an email for HR at FTPE please. I want to ask if there is any updates.

Nothing as of yet. They just said give it a week

Last edited:

kaine19

Probably not haha. And if they leave it any longer they will have do recruitment again as a load probably been picked up northern who wouldn't have paid for assessments and saved some £££

I phoned TPE HR on Monday for the first time since the interview. I was advised process was still live, but held up due to franchise handover, await further information.

You'll notice a number of executive, and technical positions with Transpennine advertised on the First careers website (most ending 18/04/16); just speculation, but my guess is that these have taken priority.

Hopeful2015

I phoned TPE HR on Monday for the first time since the interview. I was advised process was still live, but held up due to franchise handover, await further information.

You'll notice a number of executive, and technical positions with Transpennine advertised on the First careers website (most ending 18/04/16); just speculation, but my guess is that these have taken priority.

I hope that's right and we arnt just in a big old talent pool

The person I spoke to said "Any updates will still be via email; you've not been forgotten about, and you've not missed anything, so don't worry", as well as going on to say she could appreciate that the wait might be frustrating.

Hopeful2015

Just rung hr at First and they said information on interviews was trickling back to them so hopefully it won't be too much longer

Mattm123

Anyone else had an email today? I got one just saying that they are sorry for the delay. And that my application is still being considered

JCLeeds

Wow Kaine19 congrats in order! Very well done you must be buzzing. Can I ask: did u get the notification of interview pass first, then a wait for an actual offer of place on a course?

Last edited:

kaine19

I did mate yeah got the email saying I passed few week ago. And I already done the tests through tpe. And through my persistence more than anything as I know hr are always mega busy I got on
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And yeah I am buzzing. Pending medical which am nervous about due to having irregular heartbeat although doesn't affect me and been told I should be ok. But still nervous about it haha

Onedirection

I did mate yeah got the email saying I passed few week ago. And I already done the tests through tpe. And through my persistence more than anything as I know hr are always mega busy I got on
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And yeah I am buzzing. Pending medical which am nervous about due to having irregular heartbeat although doesn't affect me and been told I should be ok. But still nervous about it haha
Oh well done Kaine. What happens if TP want you next month too ;))) or you happy to keep going forward now with northern as you've got your foot in the door

TTTE

Yes. Not expecting to hear anything for a few months now. I might be wrong. I saw quite a few managerial positions advertised with closing dates towards the end of April. I figure from speaking to HR a while back that once that recruitment is finished (and any new staff have worked their notice periods) they'll be looking at these driver positions. Anyone else have any thoughts or different info from HR?

Jace69er

TPE are going through a huge shake up right now with regards to their management structure

Once that's done I suspect they will be back on track with this as they will know who is dealing with it all by then

Best of luck guys

Status
Not open for further replies.