• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee driver's with TFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VX220

I submitted an application yesterday. I’m surprised the tests are at the end of the recruitment process.

Newtone

Just noticed the closing date has been extended on this vacancy. It was the 26th January and now is the 2nd February. Is that normal?

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Very rare this happens for trainee driver jobs. It's normally the opposite - the vacancy closes well before the deadline date.

Northern have advertised some jobs in the past that have come down within hours of being posted because of the volume of applicants.

Newtone

Thanks CJ that’s what I thought. But I’m very new to this so wasn’t sure. Why would they extend the date? Not enough applications?

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I very much doubt it mate.

Trainee driving jobs attract hundreds of applicants. TfW will be getting applications from people all across the country!!!

I do know deadlines can be extended sometimes to accommodate more applications if the job isn't that popular or if the job audience is thin on the ground - a head/director's role which only very limited people are qualified to do.

It could be a HR exercise but if you are interested in the role I wouldn't hang around with applying.

CJ

CloudDriver

I very much doubt it mate.

Trainee driving jobs attract hundreds of applicants. TfW will be getting applications from people all across the country!!!

I do know deadlines can be extended sometimes to accommodate more applications if the job isn't that popular or if the job audience is thin on the ground - a head/director's role which only very limited people are qualified to do.

It could be a HR exercise but if you are interested in the role I wouldn't hang around with applying.

CJ
Not if the candidates dont live within the specified distance.

TrainGirl

Hi all,
Anyone applied for Carmarthen and heard back yet?
I'm getting so impatient.. just want to know if I got through the paper sift!

Gwyndafbach

We're still waiting to hear about the Crewe trainee drivers jobs which closed in November so you might be in for a wait.

VX220

I’ve received an email advising the role has been withdrawn due to a change in business needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.