• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver (and now qualified/'part-qualified') - Newcastle - East Coast Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobb

Sorry to hear that. Put it down to experience and don't give up, there will be more jobs in the future

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hello, don’t know about feedback.
The ‘feedback’ as the interview went along was good I thought.
Sorry to hear. You should be able to get interview feedback if you contact them. I strongly advise you ask for it as it will inevitably help for future applications/interviews.

Dobb

I take it people are being informed now? They did say would be mid this week in my interview.
Has anyone else been informed?

heedfan

I got the 'thanks but no thanks' last night. Felt the interview went well and I have good railway experience but you never know what they're looking for. Hopefully get some feedback for next time.

Good luck to everyone still in the running.

donpoku

I got the 'thanks but no thanks' last night. Felt the interview went well and I have good railway experience but you never know what they're looking for. Hopefully get some feedback for next time.

Really sorry to hear that best of luck next time

JonnyBoxer

Same here, thought it went well, heard comments like ‘brilliant answer’ ‘good experience’ ‘that’s great’.
Requested feedback but could take 6-8 weeks I believe.
Just to reiterate good luck to all going forward.

Dobb

Had a call today saying I was put forward and would receive an email with instructions. Anybody had the email yet?

Last edited:

J4mes

My brother has been confirmed through to psychometric assessments in the next few weeks. They’re taking 45 through, anyone else?

KJ83

My brother has been confirmed through to psychometric assessments in the next few weeks. They’re taking 45 through, anyone else?

48 to testing/DMI phase, but only 12 final positions.

alandavies80

I'm through also, sure I remember there being 30 jobs in total , there is one more interview in the process.

KJ83

I'm through also, sure I remember there being 30 jobs in total , there is one more interview in the process.

I was told 12 for sure, because I remember thinking God! only 12 of 48 will get it. I think its 30 drivers in total, the rest will be made up of qualified drivers who start early next year I'd imagine

Chris_1892

I think they could possibly put 12 on a course who score the highest and then others who pass the psychs in a talent pool for more courses that come up while ECT get set up? I'm not sure, I did hear 12 also though when asking about how many ECT are looking to recruit. I have also passed through to the psycs, I must admit I am very nervous. I've been on the railway about 4 years now and this is the most nervous I have ever been putting in for a role.

I found this Thread helpful though with what to expect on the day, The second Post by Driver2B.

J4mes

I think they could possibly put 12 on a course who score the highest and then others who pass the psychs in a talent pool for more courses that come up while ECT get set up? I'm not sure, I did hear 12 also though when asking about how many ECT are looking to recruit. I have also passed through to the psycs, I must admit I am very nervous. I've been on the railway about 4 years now and this is the most nervous I have ever been putting in for a role.

I found this Thread helpful though with what to expect on the day, The second Post by Driver2B.

Those who go to DMI will be assessed against the criteria but should have a very good chance of getting a job.

Out of interest, anyone know if they'll be looking for an enhanced pass like TPE or a base pass mark? And have the T&Cs been released yet or the wage structure?

KJ83

Those who go to DMI will be assessed against the criteria but should have a very good chance of getting a job.

Out of interest, anyone know if they'll be looking for an enhanced pass like TPE or a base pass mark? And have the T&Cs been released yet or the wage structure?

Nothing yet... but I was thinking its going to be similar to TPE and HT?

beeb375

Anyone got an email through with more details yet? Hoping I'll be less nervous once I find a bit more out, but probably not!

KJ83

I think it will be next week at earliest before any more details are given out.

dan4291

I've still not heard either way yet, but will wait and see. Just out of interest when are people doing the psychometric tests?

KJ83

I've still not heard either way yet, but will wait and see. Just out of interest when are people doing the psychometric tests?

Not had any more info since the call to say we got through. I was told initially around the 2-3rd week of July but don't know if that will change. If they are aiming for a Sept 1st start, most people will need a least a months notice though so I'm guessing its either going to be soon, or the start date pushed back

Driver068

Hello Guys,

First of all good look to all those who have applied and tests coming up. This could be a great opportunity for a driver with East Coast Trains and the furure.

I know this forum is for the trainee positions but i am wondering if anyone is aware on the process for the qualified positions. I believe they advertised the role on 2 occasions. I have a work colleague whos applied but no news for 3 months. Anyone who has or knows anyone who can provide advice or an update would be appreciated.

Many thanks and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.