• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee train driver at hull!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

falcon

Again! why do Northern advertise externally when 50 plus Guards from Hull who are all worried about DOO will be applying.What scam are HR trying to pull here?

SPADTrap

Established Member
Again! why do Northern advertise externally when 50 plus Guards from Hull who are all worried about DOO will be applying.What scam are HR trying to pull here?

Could it be equal opportunities? Was/is it advertised internally?

Last edited:

8J

And more conductors at Leeds/Skipton?? Very strange...

stop_examine

Even though I have applied for the DBS trainne vacancy can I still apply for this? As the foest few questions say you cant apply for the Hull Vacancy if you have a live application with someone else?

feliner

There is no trainee drivers jobs at Doncaster at the moment. there are about three Sheffield qualified drivers with moves in for Doncaster.

387star

On Moderation

Way of the world at my depot they don't even take on trainees

scotraildriver

Established Member
Because promoting guards is more expensive than recruiting trainees. External trainees are taken on, paid whatever the trainee salary is and qualify. Guards maintain their salary (more) and have to be replaced. So effectively they have to pay a trainee driver a guards wage and recruit a trainee guard to replace the guard they just promoted. I don't agree with this but in ££££ terms its the way it is. Sometimes externals have more chance than internals purely for this reason.

E&W Lucas

Established Member
Because Guards do not always make good drivers, and the company may feel that they can attract a higher quality of candidate, by recruiting externally.

Status
Not open for further replies.