• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd0733

Established Member
Ive also been told end of this week now. Apparantly its due to the hold up with the bletchley results

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

plastictaffy

Stage 4.. the reaction test, situational judgement exam and the MMI?

Ah, you mean Stage 2 assessments, done at the OPC. :lol: I am doing my assessments on the 16th. It should have been on the 8th, but due to circumstances I'm loathe to discuss on an open forum for fear of prying eyes, it's been moved. There are stage 2 assessments happening on the 2nd also.

This of course would tie in with what sd0733 (who I haven't seen for aaaaages - are you well matey??) said about the results from BLY not being in yet.

Last edited:

YoungBuck

Ah, you mean Stage 2 assessments, done at the OPC. :lol: I am doing my assessments on the 16th. It should have been on the 8th, but due to circumstances I'm loathe to discuss on an open forum for fear of prying eyes, it's been moved. There are stage 2 assessments happening on the 2nd also.

This of course would tie in with what sd0733 (who I haven't seen for aaaaages - are you well matey??) said about the results from BLY not being in yet.

Apologies.. I meant stage 4 of the application haha

The assessments at the OPC must be fully booked for ages then as I still haven't received a confirmed date for mine. I got a holiday approaching rapidly as well and would hate to have to cancel it.

Good luck anyway mate!

Last edited:

sd0733

Established Member
Theyve stopped giving us dates now for the west mids positions, its basically an as and when the original batch of applications are sorted for the other depots. So no need to panic. From previous experience HR arent renowned for their speed!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Yea its been a while, seem to have been relegated to liverpool-brums, dont seem to get to MK om this part of the link! Im good thanks, hope you are. Congratulations getting this far with the job by the way.

Game146

Just received email saying thank you I have been shortlisted. No dates yet though anyone else get this. I applied for Birmingham as well

Last edited:

d_kingscott

Hi guys,

I also got the positive email for Birmingham. Will be invited for an interview in due course (already passed assessments). That's cheered me up! Well done everyone! :D:D:D

TheRailwayWay

I was rejected for the Birmingham one. Surprised to not at least get through the first stage as I have experience and qualifications in railway signalling due to being a signal maintenance apprentice. Maybe a lack of work experience or that it was my first time applying for a train driver job that counted against me. Good luck to everyone who got through.

vark0

Hey all, looks like they have sent the results out as I've been offered my interview today, just awaiting dates. Good luck all.

felix2601

Also a rejection here but I'm not down beat at all as I do actually enjoy my role within the company already. Thought I'd give it a shot though as trainee driver jobs do not come up too often. Plus the salary increase would of been nice.

As they say the grass isn't always greener. Maybe this was a lucky escape.

Congratulations to all that have been successful so far.

Davside84

Unsuccessful at Leamington. Congratulations and good luck to everyone who's through to the next stage!

yerman164

Well done to those that have been successful. Can I ask, those that have been invited to an interview for any of the West Midland positions, did anyone state that they need to re-locate on the application?

d_kingscott

Well done to those that have been successful. Can I ask, those that have been invited to an interview for any of the West Midland positions, did anyone state that they need to re-locate on the application?

No. I am lucky to live 10 minutes down the road from New St and Snow Hill.

Snakedoc

No mate I live within 20mins of new street and snow hill stations

BHXDMT

Not had any email yet, internal applicant for Wolverhampton here. As far as I'm aware, anyway!

Also a rejection here but I'm not down beat at all as I do actually enjoy my role within the company already. Thought I'd give it a shot though as trainee driver jobs do not come up too often. Plus the salary increase would of been nice.

That's pretty much the view I'm taking with this. If it happens, great. If it doesn't happen, I have a job I enjoy already so I won't be too disheartened.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Not had any email yet, internal applicant for Wolverhampton here. As far as I'm aware, anyway!

It must have been something I said... Email confirming I was successful in shortlisting came through!

Bluedays

Hi new on here.just to say got email for pending interview at wolves.Looks like doing depot by depot.

sd0733

Established Member
Also finally had mine back today for the Wolves job, interview at a future date. Well done to everyone else whos got through.

d_kingscott

This is how I make it so far, just from forum users:

Birmingham:

d_kingscott
Game146
Snakedoc

Worcester:

Goingloco
Vark0

Wolves:

DMTaylor90
Bluedays