• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

vark0

I've emailed HR. I'm applying for Worcester. Looking like 2017 course dates for us, a few spots left on the October course but they will be filled by 2014 applicants first. I've a friend who applied in August 15 and started in May! A lot of luck involved. I wonder how many people end up giving up or doing something else because of the huge time frame's?

Villafan10

I've emailed HR. I'm applying for Worcester. Looking like 2017 course dates for us, a few spots left on the October course but they will be filled by 2014 applicants first. I've a friend who applied in August 15 and started in May! A lot of luck involved. I wonder how many people end up giving up or doing something else because of the huge time frame's?

People who don't appreciate something worth waiting for ;)

I am also waiting for contact

12guard4

Interested to see how long people had to wait for a medical after passing the Driver managers interview?

Last edited:

CoreXII

Interested to see how long people had to wait for a medical after passing the Driver managers interview?

In terms of timescale -

Just over a year.

It's a long process but will be worth it in the end!

Last edited:

vark0

Same here pretty much.
Seems to be a hugely drawn out process! Is it like this with all The TOCS? My friend also. Applied in August '15 and started a course in May so it's pretty inconsistent

Driver Dan

If any of us have October start dates, we should hear something in the next couple of weeks??

Starman

Hope I hear something I'm so eager to get started as I'm sure we all are but if not I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!

cobbler

i havent heard of an october course , i have heard of a sept course though , i dont know what location its for though

welshjpc

Just a quick note for people who seem rather impatient. Please see enclosed. I applied for a role as trainee train driver in May 2013, I start tomorrow (Sep 5th).

I seem to have done it the hard way, but be patient, good things come to those who wait. And pass the tests. Twice. :lol:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 45

cobbler

Just a quick note for people who seem rather impatient. Please see enclosed. I applied for a role as trainee train driver in May 2013, I start tomorrow (Sep 5th).

I seem to have done it the hard way, but be patient, good things come to those who wait. And pass the tests. Twice. :lol:

congrats , i started my course in july , its all worth the wait

welshjpc

New street. Originally applied for wolves but was told that it would be a longer wait and was given the option to change to brum, no brainer really.

Driver Dan

Good Luck on your Course tomorrow! Brilliant news it is finally here.

roadrunner23

Hi, I'm new to this forum and just wanted some advice. I applied for the Trainee Train Driver position for London Midland Bletchely depot in March this year. I received an email to say I had passed the initial sift and I have been added to the pipeline. Does anyone have any experience on how long it takes to get through to the next stage of the process?

Starman

Hiya roadrunner23 I applied for New Street/Snow Hill August 2015 and didn't get to do the stage 1 assessment until April 2016. Having now passed all assessments, interview and medical am still awaiting a start date so patience is a must I'm afraid, however, time frames can be inconsistent as I'm aware of other candidates who applied at the same time as myself who have already begun their training one of them today in fact. Having spoken to HR it's all dependant on demand for drivers at the various depots which determines who gets placed on the next course from the talent pool. Hope this helps and the best of luck to you once you reach the next stage.

roadrunner23

Hi starman

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know I'm not the only person in this situation. No choice but to be patient. Good luck with the course!

GMCK

Evening all,

Can anybody outline the usual recruitment process London Midland operate by?

I would imagine applications, assessment days & group exercises, interviews & offers? Being in the airline industry this is the general setup for recruitment although I'm sure it differs on the railways...

Thanks in advance.

Villafan10

Is there anybody on here that applies in this recruitment August 2015 and applied for New St, has passed everything but waiting for a start date?

RUUDBOY

Is there anybody on here that applies in this recruitment August 2015 and applied for New St, has passed everything but waiting for a start date?

I also applied August 2015, completed medical at the end of July 2016. So just waiting for a start date. I applied for Worcester though.

Villafan10

I phoned for an update recently and was told that there are no dates set for new courses yet and if you haven't been put on a course within 12 months of your interview, which I think for me was just before Christmas, you are required to complete the interview again.

CoreXII

I phoned for an update recently and was told that there are no dates set for new courses yet and if you haven't been put on a course within 12 months of your interview, which I think for me was just before Christmas, you are required to complete the interview again.

:( Best dig out my suit again..

RUUDBOY

Did they give any indication that they would be forthcoming with course dates early in the new year? I've been wondering whether they will hold off on any further courses until the franchise renewal is awarded..thoughts?
I called them in September and HR said they were actively working on dates for next year and that they would be in touch just before or after the new year. So still not having dates set makes me wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.