• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game146

Good luck to everyone who has there interview today, speaking to LM yesterday they will be having courses January 2018 and may 2018 and they are recruiting on behalf of WMT.

How did you guys find the interview

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starman

Just received a letter from LM confirming medical, has anyone else heard anything
Had my reinterview a couple of weeks ago and was told that they were hoping for a January course. However Having spoken to recruitment today I was told my medical date should be confirmed in a couple of weeks and there would be no course in January.

Game146

My medical is end of the month, hopefully you will hear something soon

Been in there pipleline since June 2015, so im hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel

Starman

That’s along time to be in the pipeline. I’ve been in it since July last year but like you say it seems there may be light at the end of the tunnel for us all. Good luck with you’re medical !

Driver Dan

My medical is end of the month, hopefully you will hear something soon

Been in there pipleline since June 2015, so im hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel

That is brilliant news! Well Done!

When did you first apply? I wasn’t until August 2015 applications.

RUUDBOY

Well done to you guys successful in your re-interview. I've been in the pool same time as most you guys but still awaiting my re-interview.
Is the interview the full works again like first time around?
Hopefully you guys can get on that January course by the sounds of it!!

CoreXII

I too am waiting for my re-interview from the August 2015 applications after getting to offer stage, hopefully I'll be successful again!

Driver Dan

Medical date through for Mid December.

The second interview was Competency but different questions. All were what would be expected though....prepare all Competency examples as usual and Good Luck :)

RUUDBOY

The second interview was Competency but different questions. All were what would be expected though....prepare all Competency examples as usual and Good Luck :)

Cheers Dan, it's so close for you now. Chuffed for all you guys. Fingers crossed some movement for maybe a May course for the rest of us

Hickstatic

Now that the London Midland websitehas closed has anyone heard anything about potential courses in 2018? Just getting a little nervous here as I can no longer access my application, which at last showing read ‘offer’.

Starman

Hi I’m a Birmingham applicant and can confirm that my application has been carried over to the new TOC. I was re interviewed in November and had a second medical in December in preparation for a potential course in the new year. I’m also aware of other potential trainees for Birmingham re taking their medical post franchise takeover so yes, I would assume you’re application has been carried over too. Just to put you’re mind at rest why not give HR a phone call?

Game146

If you go on to the WMR website you can access your application, I checked mine yesterday and it still said offer

Driver Dan

I’d agree with Starman and Game146...I believe everything has carried over.

How are your Medicals going guys?

I have mine on Monday now as they had to move it due to snow.

Last edited:

Starman

Hi Driver Dan, My medical was a pass. Game 146 I've visited the careers section on the new website but can only find current vacancies list and no where to log in. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction ?

Game146

There should be a sign in icon on the right hand side, if you sign in with the same details as the LM one that will allow you to view it

Starman

Got it thanks Game 146. My screen wasn’t showing the icon but I tapped it where you described it to be and the login screen appeared. It also says offer.

MUS7724581

Hi I’m a Birmingham applicant and can confirm that my application has been carried over to the new TOC. I was re interviewed in November and had a second medical in December in preparation for a potential course in the new year. I’m also aware of other potential trainees for Birmingham re taking their medical post franchise takeover so yes, I would assume you’re application has been carried over too. Just to put you’re mind at rest why not give HR a phone call?

hello Starman,
thank you for your post, your comments are always very helpful and i for one really appreciate this.

can i ask if you would not mind, can you post all your DTM interview questions and answers on here? this would be so much help, any pointers you can give with this it would be great.

thank you in advance.

MUS7724581

hello Dan

please could you post your DTM questions and answers?

Game146

Mus

Wouldn’t that be unfair on all the other candidates you have either got or you haven’t, like any interview you should prepare not really rely on other people to supply questions and answers

MUS7724581

Mus

Wouldn’t that be unfair on all the other candidates you have either got or you haven’t, like any interview you should prepare not really rely on other people to supply questions and answers
Not really as the messages are visible to everyone!
Umm and the answers would be of my own experiences, however it would help in understanding what is being looked for.

Like that we can say any information shared on this thread is unfair, as is all part of the recruitment process right! And not just the DTM interview!

Thanks for your message.

Starman

Mus, I have to agree with game146. Good luck when you reach that stage and sorry I can’t be of any help.

Game146

Mus

Sharing experiences Is one thing, but sharing actual questions I thing is unfair (others may think not), from someone who has gone through the process with LM, and had my DTM interview recently I wouldn’t reveal the exact questions, probably just me but it’s my opinion,

Obviously this is an open thread and people can do what they want, but how would you feel If you had an interview and were not on this thread, and someone else was and they gave the Q & A’s wouldn’t you think WTF

As I said just my opinion.

Driver Dan

I agree with Starman and Game146.....and to be honest, I couldnt remember either exactly.....questions or answers.....and my answers were specific to my experiences.

All I would say is fully prepare examples for all competencies in the job description/person specification and you will be fine. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.