• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Villafan10

How has everyone’s medical gone.

Well I had mine on the 1st. Before I left the nurse sort of said “well everything looks fine” etc but not had an official confirmation of a pass. I tried phoning last week to confirm whether I had passed or not, and whether they had now confirmed a date for January. I was told at my interview in October that a January course was possible. The reply was simply that they were still putting people through medical and that they were aiming to provide an update before they break up for Christmas at the end of this week. Not heard anything yet.

12guard4

They do not bother contacting to tell you that you have passed the drugs screening so just assume you have passed. Any other issues you would of been told on the day.

Driver Dan

Same as Villafan10.

If it’s going ahead, we should hear something tomorrow or Friday!

Fingers crossed guys and Good Luck to you All!

Keep us updated...if we’re successful we should arrange a beer to celebrate pre-training course!

Villafan10

Thanks mate. Keeping my fingers crossed. Two and a half years in the making. Congratulations by the way. Hope to see you in Jan. I’ll let you know later

Villafan10

Good Luck Villafan01!

I shall see you there. Am on it too!

Odd query though. I will need to put my notice in next week but the checks that are to be done won’t be done until January. I’ve no reason to think that these would fail but if they did surely I’ll end up with no job?

Driver Dan

Yes! Well Done mate! The grilling at Watford paid off :)

I asked the question too...They are just references, criminal record and right to work in UK so OK (hopefully!)

I shall see you there. Am on it too!

Odd query though. I will need to put my notice in next week but the checks that are to be done won’t be done until January. I’ve no reason to think that these would fail but if they did surely I’ll end up with no job?

Game146

Anyone had the contract through, that’s what I’m anxious to see, as I need to give notice at work as well

What about the rest of you guys

Driver Dan

Anyone had the contract through, that’s what I’m anxious to see, as I need to give notice at work as well

Hi Game146,

HR emailed me an offer letter across so I could resign.

My pack has just arrived in post too.

Cheers,

Dan.

Villafan10

Unsure mate.

Happy to share contact details with you guys if you want to text/grab a beer beforehand.

I’m down for this depending on shifts and family commitments.

I had my pack through today. I need to give a months notice so I’ve got a few days left. Interestingly though it does say that they’re in a dispute with ASLEF about retirement age and as such they aren’t providing contracts at the moment.

Game146

Apologises to ask so many questions as I’m yet to get my contract, it is a 29th January start.

What’s included in the pack so I know what to have

Driver Dan

I’m down for this depending on shifts and family commitments.

I had my pack through today. I need to give a months notice so I’ve got a few days left. Interestingly though it does say that they’re in a dispute with ASLEF about retirement age and as such they aren’t providing contracts at the moment.

I don’t mind setting up a Whatsapp Group if you guys send me your mobiles..not sure best way to do it?

Yes...I questioned mate but HR said that the offer letter was legally binding enough. I questioned 35 hours over 4 days etc. Told it is at the moment.

Villafan10

Apologises to ask so many questions as I’m yet to get my contract, it is a 29th January start.

What’s included in the pack so I know what to have

There is a cover letter to say that the course starts on 29/01/2017 0915 for a 0930 start.

Last edited:

Villafan10

Oh and it says that there is a 6 month probation and gives the wages as
26,976 training
38,788 newly qualified
51,600 qualified

Dan61

Just had my stage one assessment today for New Street.
Any advice on DMI for next stage. Jumping the gun a bit but trying to prepare myself if i receive the good news

Dan61

Just been told im through to stage which includes mmi but no dmi. Email states if passed next stage is medical. Any advice on mmi and sje exercises

12guard4

Just been told im through to stage which includes mmi but no dmi. Email states if passed next stage is medical. Any advice on mmi and sje exercises

Yeah do your research and prepare. I guarantee you if you're successful the next stage is DMI. Won't be before medical (assuming you haven't had a DMI before stage 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.