• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashingMoon

Passed Aptitude assessments with LOROL early this year. Applied on 10th (London position) no confirmation email nothing since I sent my application, possibly we will all hear tomorrow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hopeful2015

I have been emailing Virgin since may asking if they had any positions coming up, then out of the blue they emailed me asking if I'd seen the advert and to get applied.
I applied and they sent me an email saying they had received my CV and cover letter.
Then I get both these tests.

posh

I have been emailing Virgin since may asking if they had any positions coming up, then out of the blue they emailed me asking if I'd seen the advert and to get applied.
I applied and they sent me an email saying they had received my CV and cover letter.
Then I get both these tests.

Hi Hopeful 2015,

It appears that you going above and beyond with Virgin may hopefully have payed off for you - they may have looked upon you favourably due to you sending speculative enquiries with them earlier.

Did you never hear anything back from FTPE regarding a start date?

Knowledgeboy

Hi guys and girls. First post. Has anyone had a response regarding kings cross. Haven't heard a sausage. Any negatives or positives?

Hopeful2015

Hi Hopeful 2015,

It appears that you going above and beyond with Virgin may hopefully have payed off for you - they may have looked upon you favourably due to you sending speculative enquiries with them earlier.

Did you never hear anything back from FTPE regarding a start date?

Nothing other than things have changed at tpe regarding trainees

What are you up to?

Last edited:

posh

Nothing other than things have changed at tpe regarding trainees

What are you up to?

Nightmare mate, hope you either hear something from FTPE...or maybe even better Virgin works out for you.

I applied for Northern in Sheffield back in March, the scores I got from the FTPE assessment for the paper tests were fine for Northern so I just had to sit the computer tests, MMI etc - passed all and now on hold waiting for a course...however no indication of when/if in 2017 yet for a course date.

Tron81

Passed Aptitude assessments with LOROL early this year. Applied on 10th (London position) no confirmation email nothing since I sent my application, possibly we will all hear tomorrow.

Applied on the same date for kings cross and nothing heard either

xtradj

The positions are Kings Cross, York, Leeds or Edinburgh

No mention of Newcastle in the advertisement?

Unless of course you mean you want to attend the Newcastle assessment day?

Jonno6699

Question 2 to include in your cover letter asks if you live within 1 hour of Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, Doncaster or London Kings Cross ?

Stepa_egg

The positions are Kings Cross, York, Leeds or Edinburgh

No mention of Newcastle in the advertisement?

Unless of course you mean you want to attend the Newcastle assessment day?

The print out I have says newcastle, but the first post on this fourm doesn't have it on, they must have added it later on.

mark3021

So is Newcastle a definite for vacancies the advert I saw had it on. Any twitter folk seen an update, thanks in advance.

Sirgerbil

So today is the day or another week of anxious expectations?

Well if VTEC keep to their word today should be the day for the initial applications. Those of us that have done the online assessments...Who knows. Considering those of us that went for KX Depot, the first assessment day is supposed to be Nov 8th

5thrail

Well they said on Sat that there were still 5500 to read through. That could easily take another week. I doubt they would read 10000 then ditch the rest as out of time. Maybe the selection days aren't set in stone.

amandariot92

How is going? Many people found out yet?

I still haven't received an email yet....

Applied for Newcastle.

Good luck everyone.

JBH

Applied for Kings Cross but haven't heard anything, positive or negative.

Is it possible they're doing the applications alphabetically??

Davebirty

Applied for Kings Cross but haven't heard anything, positive or negative.

Is it possible they're doing the applications alphabetically??

Didn't look that way people who heard first off here were 's' and 'p' iirc........
And a girl I know who has heard is a 'w'...
Hope fading fast!!!

Last edited:

JBH

Didn't look that way people who heard first off here were 's' and 'p' iirc........
And a girl I know who has heard is a 'w'...
Hope fading fast!!!

People have said they've had rejection emails with 25% off rail journeys. I suppose no news is good news. They seem to just be randomly sifting!

W230

Established Member
Well, i've been rejected as a qualified. Interestingly they sent me an email a couple of weeks back saying they weren't taking on qualifieds until later on this year, though by this point I had seen the actual advert saying they were so had applied! :lol:

actonman53

Good luck all those who haven't heard yet - still time!

I am surname "W" and applied for Edinburgh, about 2 days before close.

Not in the industry but fancy an exciting job change and new challenge.

Reading above posts I see a few people asking about the practise checking test, you click the "here" to begin your assessment where you get to practise the test. You won't see practise tests on their site alone.

Good luck all!

Last edited:

enc001

Last edited:

theking

Friend wants to know if you can do the checking test on a laptop mouse pad?

Swampster

Friend wants to know if you can do the checking test on a laptop mouse pad?

You probably could, but I wouldn't recommend it..

There's an element of accuracy and speed needed, depends how good you are with a pad I guess.. best way to find out is to try the practice test with it and see if they can use it well enough...

theking

You probably could, but I wouldn't recommend it..

There's an element of accuracy and speed needed, depends how good you are with a pad I guess.. best way to find out is to try the practice test with it and see if they can use it well enough...

Thanks for that appreciate the info I'll let him know.

Davidson4301

Hi,new member here. I'm a driver for Tyne and Wear metro and I recently applied for the virgin trains east coast jobs. I still haven't heard anything although some people at work have been rejected and a couple have already had the online tests. I guess it's just a slow process sifting through 15,000 + applicants. I'm just wondering what the checking test is ? Is it similar to physimetrics / group bordon?

Status
Not open for further replies.