• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver - Virgin Trains East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonb106

I too emailed them and they also said they had no record and asked me to resend but they didn't say I'd hear in 24hrs, I've had no other response! Still, very decent of them to let us send them again, I think.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stjimmy87

Im not even fussed anymore I just wanna know the result....I got a promotion of sorts at work today so its taken my mind of it.

It is bad though that quite a few of us would have gone on and on waiting and then never heard anything....

Sirgerbil

Yeah I think everyone's online test was the same (other than one or two who have been given different tests due to a glitch apparently... but the all ended up doing the checking test).

It seems there's now at least 2 people on here that have heard they're through to the next stage..

It's still just the 1 person, the guy from today already owned up he was telling Fibs....

Swampster

It's still just the 1 person, the guy from today already owned up he was telling Fibs....

Yeah I noticed after the fact..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Im not even fussed anymore I just wanna know the result....I got a promotion of sorts at work today so its taken my mind of it.

It is bad though that quite a few of us would have gone on and on waiting and then never heard anything....

That's the problem with e-mail applications..
Email isn't a guaranteed service, despite what most people think... I have this discussion with some particularly needy users on my company network almost daily! Yeah it's usually pretty reliable but things do go wrong and it's getting more common as companies try (badly) to make their systems more "secure".

On the one hand VTEC can't really be blamed for not getting in touch with people if they've never received the emails in the first place.. but on the other hand they should have had a checking and response system in place, that fired out automated replies on receipt.. at least people would have known where they were.

Brian88

How is everyone feeling about the assessment (those who have done it). I think im out of the game now, I think I skipped 4 and got 2 wrong.

atochopefull

How is everyone feeling about the assessment (those who have done it). I think im out of the game now, I think I skipped 4 and got 2 wrong.

You probably did slightly better than me. Just a waiting game now, but the online assessment has brought me back down to earth! Good luck to you.

minifan84

I felt like I aced it, could be wrong though
i only did the practice twice and got one wrong both times, i knew the second i pressed it that it was wrong though.
On the actual real thing i didnt feel like any were wrong

Sugarpuff

I sent it this afternoon after 4pm , had a acknowledgement email straight away.
They replied saying they never had it thier recruitment inbox. They asked me to resend it by 9am tomorrow and said they'd get back to me within 24hrs.

Smudge75

I sent it this afternoon after 4pm , had a acknowledgement email straight away.
They replied saying they never had it thier recruitment inbox. They asked me to resend it by 9am tomorrow and said they'd get back to me within 24hrs.

Same here

axemantomo

I did my online checking test last night. Think the nerves got the best of me! I started off well and timed out on the first question of part 2 and then my head went. Brought it back on part 4 and 5 but can't see it being enough.

Stumac

Zack cheers for the earlier reply. I also emailed her back on the 4th having recieved the email same day but heard nowt back. Maybe send a polite scond request.

Bucko

Ive also emailed due to my lack of response, but I wasnt asked to re-submit, instead I got this......

"Hi there,

Thanks for your email. Great to hear from you.

The Talent Team are currently dealing with unprecedented numbers of applications for the Azuma driver recruitment. So please accept our apologies if you are emailing to find out your current status....Our commitment to you is still the same, we will be in touch with every applicant to update on their individual application , however this may take a few more days.

Thanks again for your patience."

Got feeling mines been lost and no chance to re-submit

S-M

Hi all, i have been lurking on this thread and a few others since around the 8-oct, preferring to stealth read instead of getting involved :)

I applied on the 10th (according to the email in my gmail sent folder) and never heard anything back, that is until yesterday when i seized the moment and fired off a quick email to the Azuma recruitment at around 2pm asking if anybody could give an update on my application as it had been 1 month without response, i received what appears to be an automated reply.

Hi there,

The Talent Team are currently dealing with unprecedented numbers of applications for the Azuma driver recruitment. So please accept our apologies if you are emailing to find out your current status....Our commitment to you is still the same, we will be in touch with every applicant to update on their individual application , however this may take a few more days.

Thanks again for your patience.

The Talent Team.

Without reading the entire thread again i recalled somebody getting this this response quite a while ago, so i was a little miffed, but still would have preferred an actual response letting me know they had my application.

Imagine my surprise last night at work when i read the updates to this thread and people were now getting told they should resend their applications in as they were missing :/

I am still wondering if they even have my application.

Hopeful2015

Ive also emailed due to my lack of response, but I wasnt asked to re-submit, instead I got this......

"Hi there,

Thanks again for your patience."

Got feeling mines been lost and no chance to re-submit

Just send it again and cross your fingers.

Swampster

Well one thing I'm certain of... I think their recruitment timetable as originally posted isn't now just shot to bits, it's been blasted into orbit! :-P

Suraggu

They have 15000 applications to go through, it still amazes me people can be impatient.

Just wait and your be told if your selected. You do not want to come across in a bad light by sending regular emails asking for updates regardless of what their original timetable had set out.

Bucko

They have 15000 applications to go through, it still amazes me people can be impatient.

Just wait and your be told if your selected. You do not want to come across in a bad light by sending regular emails asking for updates regardless of what their original timetable had set out.

Theyve also openly admitted theyve not recd / lost some.

This forum amazes me. If I just let it slide, accepted it, but its been lost and the chance had gone, you'd have people on here saying if you really want the job that bad you'd grasp the nettle and be on top of it.

If you actively try to find out if everythings run smooth, you're impatient.

I know about patience mate, Ive been sat in a Talent Pool with another TOC for 16 months with only 3 email updates in that time.

Well one thing I'm certain of... I think their recruitment timetable as originally posted isn't now just shot to bits, it's been blasted into orbit! :-P

The price of turning recruitment into a PR exercise. They could have saved themselves 10,000 applicants to sift by not advertising in the Peterborough Telegraph, Retford Gazette, Lincolnshire echo, Fulchester Times etc, and probably found the 5,000 candidates they did ten get were the ones who are looking out for jobs like this and would have applied anyway.

All the best laid plans though I guess. Anyone new to these pages who really wants to learn what frustration with railway recruitment is about please read the "GTR talent pool" thread!

Maybe

Theyve also openly admitted theyve not recd / lost some.

This forum amazes me. If I just let it slide, accepted it, but its been lost and the chance had gone, you'd have people on here saying if you really want the job that bad you'd grasp the nettle and be on top of it.

If you actively try to find out if everythings run smooth, you're impatient.

I know about patience mate, Ive been sat in a Talent Pool with another TOC for 16 months with only 3 email updates in that time.

16 months??? Try 3 years haha, although I have just given up the goose on that now..

JBH

What email did people use to ask about there applications as they'd had no response? Still haven't heard and really do think they may have lost mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.