• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Trainz] Ukrailsim closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
That's a shame, his stuff looks good. I only got into playing TRS2006 this morning!

Jordy

Established Member
A quote from AlanT (aka Snowsignal), the owner of UKRailsim from the UKTrainz forums

AlanT aka Snowsignal said:
Hi Everyone,

Due to ever increasing demands on my time from other projects I am sorry to say that UKRailsim will be closing for business at the end of this month (Friday 28th April 2006).

It's been an extremely enjoyable time working on models for this superb simulator and I take my hat off to all the guys at Auran - brilliant stuff!!!!

The UKRailsim shop will remain open until 18:00 hours on Friday 28th April to process any further orders for our add-ons.

May I take this opportunity to thank all our customers for their support and kind feedback over the years.

Best wishes to you all and happy Trainzing

Alan

Jordy

Jordy

Established Member
Coxster said:
Why take the add-ons with him?

Exactly, there is an argument going on over at the UKTrainz forums about his content (especially his signals as they have been used on peoples routes) being lost all together when he leaves.

Jordy

Coxster

Established Member
Jordy said:
Exactly, there is an argument going on over at the UKTrainz forums about his content (especially his signals as they have been used on peoples routes) being lost all together when he leaves.

Jordy
I think they are fantastic add-ons and it'd be a shame for them to vanish.

Jordy

Established Member
Coxster said:
I think they are fantastic add-ons and it'd be a shame for them to vanish.

Yeah it sure is, over the time its been open i've bought everything except the route, which I *may* buy before its too late.

Jordy

Harold

How upsetting, I really liked his ad-ons, I have only recently been getting in TRS2004 again.

Harold.

Jonno2055

I would presume that he is taking the products becuase they are payware and he would need to find someone to look after the site and help sell the products and then its a case of money.

The Snap

Established Member
I've not got the game, and have never used it either. However, after looking through the site yesterday after reading this thread, I think that the Trainz game looks excellent. I have no plans to buy it, but here is a suggestion for you guys who do use it.

Why not write to the owner, Alan is it, and ask him if he would be prepared for you lot to open a new site, and run a freeware website where his creations could be downloaded from? That way, his creations wont completely disappear, and you guys would still have them to enjoy...;) Just a thought...

Coxster

Established Member
As said above, there is an argument on UKTrainz about what will/should happen.

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
As said above, there is an argument on UKTrainz about what will/should happen.

Well, although I don't use Trainz, I hope something is done about the problem. :)

Gareth Hale

43103 said:
If the stuff became free, I dont think people who have paid for the stuff before will be very happy...

I would'nt mind at all, ive bought a few pieces of stock on there.

I personally would mind, however I think he should pass them onto someone who can continue selling them and give him a cut of the profits.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
43103 said:
If the stuff became free, I dont think people who have paid for the stuff before will be very happy...

It wouldn't be the first time something has been charged for but then it's been offered for free. It's just one of those things. Really, it's no different to if you bought a piece of software in the shops at full price and say in a years time found it was in a £10 bargin bin or whatever. Oviously though in this case the not knowing is a bit of a factor. I know I'd be annoyed to rush out and buy one of the routes thinking it would disapere, only to find it was being offered for free a week later, but if resonable notice was givern, people could make the choice.

Jordy

Established Member
Change of plan over on UKTrainz

Alan Williams said:
From this evening railwaves.com will be the retail outlet for UKrailsim products, with the exception of Trainz Terrainz.

We will be providing a support forum which, we hope, will eventually deal with most queries.

We are pleased to be associated with the UKrailsim brand, which has proved to be very popular, and we wish Alan well in his new ventures.

http://www.railwaves.com

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.