• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transfer of LNER HST 125s to East Midlands Railway (EMR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

43 302

Established Member
For spares, presumably? The amount of work to fit it to an EMT trailer would surely not be justified? But with the DfT calling the shots, I suppose it can't be ruled out.

Incidentally, presumably they aren't intending to vinyl any of the HSTs in the purple and white livery which the remainder of their 'short-term' fleet is getting?
To support the other two ex LNER porterbrook TSDs

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Impey0711

On Moderation
I was on the 17:19 St Pancras to Loughborough yesterday I know 43 368 was the rear power car but what was on the front please as I didn't manage to catch it

DB

Today was 43272's first day in traffic on the MML along with NL57, minus a TS short.

Well first day this time round! A few years ago it was an EMT power car, in their livery and with a VP185 engine.

43 302

Established Member
NL55 moved from Gascoigne Wood to Neville Hill today. NL58 is still undergoing work at Neville Hill. There is a scrap move to Newport Docks which I am reasonably confident will be four trailers from NL01 and the TGS from NL12.

DB

NL55 moved from Gascoigne Wood to Neville Hill today. NL58 is still undergoing work at Neville Hill. There is a scrap move to Newport Docks which I am reasonably confident will be four trailers from NL01 and the TGS from NL12.

What's happening to the other three trailers?

YorksLad12

Established Member

Coincidentally, I think I saw that pass through Leeds. I like RTT's entry for Leeds on this journey, though I've no idea how what it says would work in practice...

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Just seen a loco hauling a rake of EMR mk 3's through Leeds station, doubtless into history.

Very sad moment.

Ladder23

Established Member
Have lost touch with the 125's recently, can anyone quickly summarise any that have been taken away/ introduced to EMR?

43 302

Established Member
Have lost touch with the 125's recently, can anyone quickly summarise any that have been taken away/ introduced to EMR?
Lost:
1/2 of NL01
NL06
NL07
TGS from NL12 (swapped for the one from NL01)

Introduced:
NL51
NL56
NL57

NL58 on the way.

LBOTG

Haven't been keeping up with anything for months

Just wondering: is it only ex-LNER HST sets running on the MML now?

If there are any ex-EMT (so not from LNER) sets still regularly working, are they on any specific diagrams?

Thanks in advance

Established Member
Haven't been keeping up with anything for months

Just wondering: is it only ex-LNER HST sets running on the MML now?

If there are any ex-EMT (so not from LNER) sets still regularly working, are they on any specific diagrams?

Thanks in advance
Still a mix of ex EMT and ex LNER. There are 3 LNER sets in service with the rest being EMT (see above). All the 2+8 diagrams are mixed so the sets can change day by day, the only defined diagram is the short 2+6 HST which is currently just one set running Monday to Friday.

Mugby

Established Member
Shame - the EMR stock is very good, IMHO, as I've said before.

It certainly is/was.

It's a bit ironic that the HST stock going for scrap is in so much better condition than the much newer Meridians which are now filthy on the outside and tatty on the inside!

WesternLancer

Established Member
It certainly is/was.

It's a bit ironic that the HST stock going for scrap is in so much better condition than the much newer Meridians which are now filthy on the outside and tatty on the inside!
Quite agree, esp about the Meridian interiors which are poor indeed now. I presume we are just supposed to 'put up with it' until the 800s arrive in 2022 - even though another operator will need the Meridian's so work could commence on making them in a fit state for fare payers now since why wait till they are allocated to another route.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
It certainly is/was.

Nothing surprises me in this day and age.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
It certainly is/was.

The lack of plug sockets on the ex EMT HSTs is an issue though, and the seats are totally unsuitable for tall people.

The ex LNER HSTs, by contrast, have a fantastic interior.

DB

The lack of plug sockets on the ex EMT HSTs is an issue though, and the seats are totally unsuitable for tall people.

The ex LNER HSTs, by contrast, have a fantastic interior.
Being a pedant here, but you are referring to a socket. The plug is the thing you connect to it.

They do actually have them in first class, but not standard.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Being a pedant here, but you are referring to a socket. The plug is the thing you connect to it.

They do actually have them in first class, but not standard.
You and I may travel in first, but the majority don’t, and they’re required in this modern day

Status
Not open for further replies.