• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express New Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjy_b

I've been sent an email this evening, inviting me to a Managers Interview. I withdrew my application on Monday, on the website and via email. At least it means someone else will get the opportunity :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flyboy

I received a call this evening at 1845 but wasn't at home. No message was left and my status on the website hasn't changed from the last assessment invite.

Does anybody have any figures on how many candidates are left for the 10 positions?

There are three test days left. Do you think 10 candidates per day is a good estimate therefore 30 candidates left.

chrisdmadd

Does anybody have any figures on how many candidates are left for the 10 positions?

There are three test days left. Do you think 10 candidates per day is a good estimate therefore 30 candidates left.

Im presuming theres 4 test days, many people have said tuesday is there day including me.

I think theres still a LOT of people. Thats what i was told on the phone by HR!

Im presuming theres 4 test days, many people have said tuesday is there day including me.

I think theres still a LOT of people. Thats what i was told on the phone by HR!

I thought people said the Tuesday was a mistake and that it was infact wed

SilentChill

There must be about 10-20 per day starting Tuesday. Can't be any more than that really as you have to have the DTG and then CBI and then a managers interview. That's going to take the best part of 4-5 hours so there will only be one sitting per day. Unless they have endless supply of assessors there and managers ???

Maybe im wrong but seems about right to me :roll:

chrisdmadd

Well good luck guys, I spoke to HR today and expressed my huge disappointment that my dates clashed with an assessment for another TOC. With the strict timelines involved they couldn't accommodate me on another date.

Gutted that its worked this way but might be for the best in the end.

Ill still be a regular watcher of this thread and hope that someone on here gets at least one of the jobs!

pk580uk

I think that it will be a simple elimination exercise with some people not even getting through to the SI.

Has any other forum members heard anything this morning as there is only a few on here having confirmed dates.

I am still waiting to hear, I only have to attend a DTM interview as I have already completed and passed the Reactions Test and SI. Hoping to hear something today.

Alpha Tango

I'm still waiting to hear too. At my last assessment 12/04/13 we was told we would have to wait 7 to 10 days for any news, well it's now 10 days. If successful I guess were all in the same boat having to arrange days off work etc etc etc at such short notice, fingers crossed we will all hear something today.

sw1ller

Established Member
Hi all. Is there anyone else still at the first stage of 'awaiting shortlisting' at all. Does anyone have any info on where I stand (I'm at that stage still). I'm just a little confused really, I've still not got a no but I'm obviously not getting even a 'maybe' here. Being as they sent an e-mail saying they will contact me in 5 weeks when everyone else got theirs the only information I've had is by coming on here. Not had any correspondence at all from them so are they still interested in me for a later date or what?

Clarky042

I'm still waiting to hear too. At my last assessment 12/04/13 we was told we would have to wait 7 to 10 days for any news, well it's now 10 days. If successful I guess were all in the same boat having to arrange days off work etc etc etc at such short notice, fingers crossed we will all hear something today.

Well I've still heard nothing....... On the basis that some have said they are there tomorrow and Wednesday , I feel that the window for letting us know in time to make arrangements to attend is rapidly shrinking. Saying that though it was Monday last time when I was informed for the GBT and TRP on the Thursday, so it's still a possibility I guess.

Time may prove me wrong but my gut instinct is that I would probably know by now if I had got through.

Good luck to anyone who is attending tomorrow....... keep us posted

S00TY

Well I've still heard nothing....... On the basis that some have said they are there tomorrow and Wednesday , I feel that the window for letting us know in time to make arrangements to attend is rapidly shrinking. Saying that though it was Monday last time when I was informed for the GBT and TRP on the Thursday, so it's still a possibility I guess.

Time may prove me wrong but my gut instinct is that I would probably know by now if I had got through.

Good luck to anyone who is attending tomorrow....... keep us posted

I to have not heard anything so contacted HR earlier on today and they told me that they would contact me by the end of this week so don't give up just yet.

Also I did not have to sit the previous tests other than DFFT which I came down for on the 27th of March as I already had passes from another test I sat with Northern a while ago.

Hope this helps

S00TY

MuttleyBOT

Sooty - I'm in the same boat - not heard anything (in for Manchester) - can you give me the HR number as I can't find it. Thanks

Redmatador

Hi all. Is there anyone else still at the first stage of 'awaiting shortlisting' at all. Does anyone have any info on where I stand (I'm at that stage still). I'm just a little confused really, I've still not got a no but I'm obviously not getting even a 'maybe' here. Being as they sent an e-mail saying they will contact me in 5 weeks when everyone else got theirs the only information I've had is by coming on here. Not had any correspondence at all from them so are they still interested in me for a later date or what?

Hi sw1ller

I too was awaiting shortlisting, until today when I finally got a no!
Tbh I wasn't holding much hope out, given the fact they are fully in the process of recruiting.
I'll keep trying though, and strangely enough I've also had an email today from northern saying they'll be in touch soon (another maybe)

Good luck if your still in the running (and to anyone else)

S00TY

Sooty - I'm in the same boat - not heard anything (in for Manchester) - can you give me the HR number as I can't find it. Thanks

Hi MuttleyBOT

The number is 0161 228 8064 but think they may be shut now, sorry for the late reply.:(

KT530

Hi all

Out of interest, of those that have had assessments/interviews, are any of you relocating into the TPE area, or are you already local?

mark1981

Just rang First group and was put through to recruitment the lady I spoke to said she doesn't know what is happening.

Apparently they are waiting to hear back from the manager that is dealing with the process, she suspected that some of the tests might not take place this week as planned.

I wonder if the number of candidates passing the last stage has exceeded what they expected?

chrisdmadd

Just rang First group and was put through to recruitment the lady I spoke to said she doesn't know what is happening.

Apparently they are waiting to hear back from the manager that is dealing with the process, she suspected that some of the tests might not take place this week as planned.

I wonder if the number of candidates passing the last stage has exceeded what they expected?

I was told on the phone it was double what they had expected.

I can't see how they will fit so much into 4 days this week.

I've declared myself out and im gutted im not there right now but I'm not gutted about the waiting game that is bound to follow! I can't imagine how they will sort through the 20 odd interview papers for each depot!!

Good luck again everyone

mark1981

I'm really worried that if I do get through, whether ill even get time off work now. Especially if the dates are changed.

Also, what happens next, the information I have is that the next stage will be a coordination test followed by an interview.
I assumed the job is basically yours then subject to passing the medical. However I've noticed on here people talking about managers interviews and interviews specific to certain depots.

Am I missing something? I didn't specify a certain depot because I would be willing to relocate if it gave me a better chance of success.

Supersaint57

I'm the same Mark, although I've been upfront with my manager from the start and although they wouldn't want me to leave where I am now, they understand it's a career I really want and have been very supportive regarding days off so far. But I guess it comes down to your employer and the personailty of the person you report to! I'm lucky I guess. What I know is there's 10 jobs in total, across 4 sites. They've not said how many at each, but I would hazard a guess that manchester would have a larger number due to it being the largest site.

As for as good as having the job if offered an interview, I doubt that is the case. If there's a large number passing the tests then it's all to fight for in the interview. No job would be decided solely on interview though, if you have some other qualities on your CV then that may shine over and above a mediocre interview where nerves may get the better of a few excellent candidates. Each company works in different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.