• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express New Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lanc688

It's actually January.

Yep January!

A very well done to all those offered jobs and I do hope some of those who are yet to hear will do so soon.

The franchise extensions have no doubt helped the situation a little (more than 10 places over the next year).

PS....well done Greycam...glad you got there this time !

Lanc

loradora

Hullo! I'm one of the internals for York who's going on the January course - anyone know how many other internals have had this news?

sjdavison28

Hullo! I'm one of the internals for York who's going on the January course - anyone know how many other internals have had this news?

I am also internal and have been offered a position on the January course for a trainee drivers job at Newcastle Depot.

There is also another internal starting on the June course for a trainee drivers job at Newcastle Depot.

SqUaShIe P

Hey loradora and sjdavison28. Im in the same position as you guys. Im an internal offered a position on a later training course.

BulldogBurt

Well, just finished the medical and all went well, so pending a clean urine sample (too much info, I know!) I should be starting my new career on June 24th :) thanks again to everyone who helped with information/tips on here. Really excited now!

sidekick

Same as BulldogBurt here, just awaiting the drugs test results and hopefully be starting an awesome new career! Cannot wait!

It sounds like a lot of the guys on the January course are Internals, does anyone know any externals on the course?

SilentChill

Did anybody get the job at Blackpool ? I know no internal conductors got it as we both failed the CBI

Im interested to know if anyone got the Blackpool Job(s)

It's been a week nearly and they still have not given me any feedback, pretty disgusted with them to be honest.

CGS

Im interested to know if anyone got the Blackpool Job(s)

It's been a week nearly and they still have not given me any feedback, pretty disgusted with them to be honest.

Yeah I asked for it last Friday - hopefully come through in the next few days.

big al

I asked for feedback when I failed at interview stage. Still waiting for said feedback 3 yrs on!!!

youngboy

I e-mailed FTPE on the 24th May asking for feedback and received a return e-mail from them on 30th May giving me the details I requested. So they did great for me !!!:lol:

chrisdmadd

I e-mailed FTPE on the 24th May asking for feedback and received a return e-mail from them on 30th May giving me the details I requested. So they did great for me !!!:lol:

Was it taylored feedback or the usual.... 'Your iterview went well but on this occasion other candidates scored higher'

gorilladan

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to all this forum malarkey so I'll be succinct. Recently failed at CBI for FTPE trainee driver & asked for feedback. It arrived via email last week & simply said that I'd failed the CBI & that OCP don't give any feedback to First or the interviewees in order to ensure the assessment process is kept fair for all candidates. I'm gutted as I don't even know where I went wrong as incorrectly I thought I'd done well at the CBI ! I don't know which question(s) I failed on so I'm at sixes & sevens. Just have to lift my chins up & try again. I don't currently work in the rail industry so perhaps this is why I didn't receive any detailed feedback ?
Anyhow that's my tuppence int' pot

CGS

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to all this forum malarkey so I'll be succinct. Recently failed at CBI for FTPE trainee driver & asked for feedback. It arrived via email last week & simply said that I'd failed the CBI & that OCP don't give any feedback to First or the interviewees in order to ensure the assessment process is kept fair for all candidates. I'm gutted as I don't even know where I went wrong as incorrectly I thought I'd done well at the CBI ! I don't know which question(s) I failed on so I'm at sixes & sevens. Just have to lift my chins up & try again. I don't currently work in the rail industry so perhaps this is why I didn't receive any detailed feedback ?

Mine said the same re feedback but she did say that out of all the competencies assessed at the CBI it was the rules question I fell down on and which caused me to fail. I thought this on the day TBH.

Dave1987

On Moderation

I might be simply that your examples weren't strong enough. Don't be too disheartened it seems the assessments are changing in September so you two lives are "reset". Competition is extremely fierce for trainee positions so you need very strong examples to get through the CBI. Once you have enough posts private message someone like TDK and tell them the examples you used to see if they think they are strong enough.

I might be simply that your examples weren't strong enough. Don't be too disheartened it seems the assessments are changing in September so you two lives are "reset". Competition is extremely fierce for trainee positions so you need very strong examples to get through the CBI. Once you have enough posts private message someone like TDK and tell them the examples you used to see if they think they are strong enough.

Not neccesssarily reset. They have not yet decided if they will carry over the fails or reset them, and that comes from the hr manager I spoke to when getting feedback

Flyboy

I haven't checked out this thread in a few weeks due to work commitments, but just wanted to give my best wishes to guys such as BulldogBurt and sidekick who attended the March/April assessments with me and should have started their new careers just over a week ago on 24th June, enjoy it boys.

Also, to Lanc688, I hope all is going well in training, I have every confidence that you're mastering the new job.

notadriver

Established Member
Hi flyboy glad you are busy with work. That means you must be bringing serious wonga in. So tell which aircraft you've been flying and where you've flown to ! :)

Flyboy

Flying a business jet with the usual mix of rich and famous types all over Europe. Royal Ascot week was particularly busy flying into Farnborough, the nearest VIP airport to the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.