• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express New Trainee Driver Vacancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

notadriver

Established Member
"Transpennine Express New Trainee Driver Vacancies"

Thats the title of this thread...........................just sayin

Go argue else where as thats all you "certain" people seem to do :)

Well I failed the assessment twice and the only job I could get was cleaning trains so go figure !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BulldogBurt

Anywayyyyy....back on topic, I had the assessments today, passed the reactions which was the worst of the tests IMO, proper nerve-wracking! Felt the other two interviews went well (DM and CBI) but won't find out for 7-10 days whether I passed the CBI so back to the waiting game!
Commiserations to the guys who 'failed' (at least one was a borderline pass which they weren't taking forward), hopefully the experience will stand them in good stead for next time.

PM Sent
EDIT: Can't send you one unfortunately as you only have only managed to contribute three posts to this forum. Big gob for a newbie. Not worth the effort of even replying to. Come back and try again when you have more posts, keyboard hero

What difference does it make how many posts someone's done, for them to point out that your a first class knacker?

A Guard takes longer than that in my TOC :lol:
Driver Opp training is not far off a year. Took me over a year to pass out as I failed the first time :lol: But it would have still took 8-9 months if I passed first time.

MDD with Northern 4-6 month max. And before you give it the "I know everything" rubbish, I train MDD's at a bigger Northern depot than the one your at. I can't remember one ever failing to pass out first time either, which just proves my point that you've not got a clue!

Beveridges

Established Member
What difference does it make how many posts someone's done, for them to point out that your a first class knacker?

No, thats the Units that I drive. Especially 142s.

The difference it makes is no one will listen.

MDD with Northern 4-6 month max. And before you give it the "I know everything" rubbish, I train MDD's at a bigger Northern depot than the one your at. I can't remember one ever failing to pass out first time either, which just proves my point that you've not got a clue!

Neville Hill? Heaton?
MDD Minder or Driver Trainer?
More details would give your post at least some credit or make it more believable.

Don't know how it took me over a year then. Maybe I dreamt it all up?

No point posting statements without solid facts to back them up.

A quick search of your very, very few posts that you've made indicates that back in 2010 you were trying to get an Interview for a trainee job with TPE in the north east, asking what questions they were asking.
You've gone from a candidate to MDD minder or Driver trainer in just three years? Thats not possible. Clearly another Keyboard hero.

Last edited:

pk580uk

Anywayyyyy....back on topic, I had the assessments today, passed the reactions which was the worst of the tests IMO, proper nerve-wracking! Felt the other two interviews went well (DM and CBI) but won't find out for 7-10 days whether I passed the CBI so back to the waiting game!
Commiserations to the guys who 'failed' (at least one was a borderline pass which they weren't taking forward), hopefully the experience will stand them in good stead for next time.

Glad it went well for you mate, I am there tomorrow. How many were there today?

Neville Hill? Heaton?
MDD Minder or Driver Trainer?
More details would give your post at least some credit or make them easier to believe.

Don't know how it took me over a year then. Maybe I was dreaming?

That's my point, your clearly docile for it to take that long.

Don't really see what difference it makes broadcasting where I work though.
You can't take the fact of how stupid you really are, and hate it when someone points it out. and then give it the big one as you've done on other forums.

Now carry on with your tanking and swinging around NH. There's a good boy.

Quickthorn

Has anyone heard anything today?

I'm still waiting to find out whether I've passed or failed stage 2!

It's pretty obvious that I haven't got through but it would still be nice to be put out of my misery.

I'm in the same boat.

I rang them a few days ago, and they said that everyone will hear something by the end of the week...so we should find out tomorrow.

Beveridges

Established Member

who says it was my fault it took over a year :lol:

It takes as long as it takes. You are ill informed if you think it takes 6 months max. Mine took over double that time - FACT

You carry on doing that incredibly important (sarcasm) job that you do. You shouldn't be allowed to use a 156 as your username. 142 would be more appropriate.

Easy for a member with only 5 postings to stay anonymous.

No one will listen to what you have to say. While myself, I'm an established member on here, who posts details as fact, and pleased to say I have had several years of experience as a Maintenance Depot Driver at one of the premier depots as well as at smaller outstations.

Posting quality info since 2008.

Last edited:

No one will listen to what you have to say. While myself, I'm an established member on here, who posts details as fact, and pleased to say I have had several years of experience as a Maintenance Depot Driver at one of the premier depots as well as at smaller outstations.

Ha Ha you really do crack me up. :D

JAMBO

Don't really see what difference it makes broadcasting where I work though.
You can't take the fact of how stupid you really are, and hate it when someone points it out. and then give it the big one as you've done on other forums.

That tickled me! Lol:D

pendolino

This is great stuff, it's always fun watching people getting upset on the internet for no real reason, carry on.

PinkShirtToon

Hello people, this is my first post on here. Just to update people still in the running for the 10 positions. I was at the assesments today but unfortunately I only got a borderline pass on the reactions test so here's where it ends for me. Gutted cos I thought I had done ok. Good luck to all still in, what a fantastic achievement to be in the last 40-50 from 2000+ applicants! I've got the bug now and will defo be back, and on the upside I don't have to cancel my first family hol for 5 years this summer! Must go, got some Guiness to finish off.

SilentChill

The flaming is pretty poor on these forums, i'm not suprised so many of the members have failed assessments and interviews.

Flyboy

Bulldog - the borderline pass was me, I'm gutted. :cry::cry::cry:

I made a critical error by following some completely wrong advice about how to successfully manage the first part of the DTG when things start speeding up, and following that advice was unfortunately my downfall. I explained my methodology to the OPC rep in the debrief and she said that what I'd done was the likely reason for my borderline pass. I won't say what the advice was for obvious reasons.

Ironically it was the only bit of today that I wasn't worried about beforehand!

Of course it's completely my fault for following the advice so I can't lay any blame whatsoever at anyone else's feet.

Congrats to all who made it through today, you have just over a 25% chance of success.

Beveridges

Established Member
10 posts would be a start for you 156. Or at least one post that contains details backed up by solid facts.

You still have not answered any of my questions.

156 said:
Is that not exactly what you are?????
You fit the definition of a keyboard hero perfectly.
Very anonymous, majority of posts abuses/annoys/flames.

Last edited:

SilentChill

I made a critical error by following some completely wrong advice about how to successfully manage the first part of the DTG when things start speeding up, and following that advice was unfortunately my downfall. I explained my methodology to the OPC rep in the debrief and she said that what I'd done was the likely reason for my borderline pass. I won't say what the advice was for obvious reasons.

Of course it's completely my fault for following the advice so I can't lay any blame whatsoever at anyone else's feet.

Congrats to all who made it through today, you have just over a 25% chance of success.

Unlucky, it isnt as easy as it seems, especially under pressure. My heart was pounding when I got off the computer.

Lincoln_biker

156484, I remember riding in you many years ago!

156484_Ruskington_1993.htm

Beveridges

Established Member
I have prepped and driven it a few times as well, though with it being an Eastern-based unit, not too often.

If I get it again I probably won't help thinking of a certain troll

Last edited:

I have prepped and driven it a few times as well, though with it being an Eastern-based unit, not too often.

If I get it again I probably won't help thinking of a certain troll

Troll??? For speaking facts.

If you gave advice as a depot driver instead of thinking you know all there is about mainline, then you wouldn't come across as such a twa t.

I'm a depot driver trainer and would never in a million years compare it to mainline. Nor would i advise anyone how become a mainline driver as ive never done it. You wonder why you annoy people with your fountain of knowledge. You know nothing, you failed to get passed a single interview for mainline driving, and now all you do is put the job down.

Theres never been a trainee that's taken more than 6 month to pass out at my depot, and I can assure you there's a hell of a lot more going on than at NH.

A colleague of mine down your neck of the woods knows who you are, and trust me, your not as popular as you like to think.

Lincoln_biker

@Beveridges, I remember it in the old CT days sporting that wonderful Regional Livery.

Anyway, back to the topic. Good luck to the remaining few in the interview process. Do yourselves proud! LB

BulldogBurt

I thought it may be you mate, don't lose heart, if you still got a pass after following poor advice then it's highly likely you will walk it next time.
Also, PinkShirtedToon I'm guessing from the user name that you're the bloke who sat in with me, unlucky pal, good luck for next time.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In answer to the earlier questions, 11 sat the DTG tests, I believe 9 then went on to the interviews, although there were a couple who turned up just to do the DM interview having previously passed the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.