• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales 769's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mrs. Fortescue

On Moderation
769445 got hit by the graffiti artists a few weeks ago. Thankfully not one of the ones that has been repainted. Haven't seen it since to know if it has been removed yet.

For anyone wondering, I know this because I saw it at Canton sat there. It was a bright orange and went over the bodywork and just touched the bottom of the window pane. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Price

Saw a video on YouTube today with 008 and 002 where they were using dispatch bells. Have they moved onto Guard training?

craigybagel

Established Member
Saw a video on YouTube today with 008 and 002 where they were using dispatch bells. Have they moved onto Guard training?
They've been using the bells since day one (or at least you can hear them in those early videos).

_toommm_

Established Member
Will they be doing the doors from the passenger saloons? I can't remember if the 319s have a proper door control panel in the cabs other than on the driver's desk

_toommm_

Established Member
The LNR ones are worked from the cabs but I don't know if that is a retrofit?

Thanks. It seems Northern must be a bit averse with dispatching from some cabs as they've banned it on 170s too, supposedly due to the high step down. I can understand with the 195s and 331s though as they had to have door controls fitted as an afterthought.

craigybagel

Established Member
As fitted 319s had door controls for guards in the cabs. Northern ripped those out and put them in the saloons instead so that guards have to dispatch from there. I don't know what the plan is for TFW - on other stock they prefer a combination of the two.

Mrs. Fortescue

On Moderation
769008 causing a few issues on Platform 6 at Central this morning.

Announcer said the"test train" had developed a fault at the platform and had to go back to the shed, meaning the 0807 Merthyr was delayed by 10 mins.

Oops!

anthony263

Established Member
Rumour mill locally is that 1or maybe 2 class 769s will be entering public service next week. Chsnges been made to the timetable with some of the Rhymney to Bridgend services split at Cardiff central.

The other 2 769s will continue to be used for testing and staff training

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
There are currently changes being made to the Timetable but not yet complete. 0714 ex Rhymney is terminating at Cardiff Central and a fresh train to Bridgend for starters so watch this space.

Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
If this happens, TfW will have beaten Northern at their own game.

Unless Northern are planning to do likewise next week (appreciating there's a separate thread for Northern 769s!)

craigybagel

Established Member
Rumour mill locally is that 1or maybe 2 class 769s will be entering public service next week. Chsnges been made to the timetable with some of the Rhymney to Bridgend services split at Cardiff central.

The other 2 769s will continue to be used for testing and staff training

There are currently changes being made to the Timetable but not yet complete. 0714 ex Rhymney is terminating at Cardiff Central and a fresh train to Bridgend for starters so watch this space.

The timetable change is a requirement of getting the 769s into service (as they won't be able to run to Bridgend). But it goes without saying, just because the timetable allows for 769s to be introduced it doesn't mean that they will be straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.