• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sparky9909

Yes, you have completely misunderstood the point, but ok

My point was TFW are the only TOC I can apply for without having to relocate. There is no issue with them, only the people who say when you fail DMI “ you have the assessments under your belt” you will probably know yourself, that trainee driver jobs after this will be few and far between, and assessments from this recruitment would probably expired. So the point I’m making is that I felt that added pressure that’s all
Fair point sound for of a bitch and moan rather that a point you was putting accross. Good luck with the process its alot harder when your actually doing to the course than what youd expect currently learning about train prep

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman1

Fair point sound for of a bitch and moan rather that a point you was putting accross. Good luck with the process its alot harder when your actually doing to the course than what youd expect currently learning about train prep
A friend of mine told me it was difficult, he has recently passed out but his course was also disrupted due to Covid.

jessica1306

Well done! I’m getting a bit worried I haven’t heard now
Am I right in saying you’re applying for Shrewsbury? Myself and Yuk are too and we haven’t heard so maybe dividing up between tocs :)

Massive well done and congrats to everyone who is now in the talent pool!

Tubey96

Am I right in saying you’re applying for Shrewsbury? Myself and Yuk are too and we haven’t heard so maybe dividing up between tocs :)

Massive well done and congrats to everyone who is now in the talent pool!
Yeah I’ve applied for Shrewsbury. Really hoping we hear soon

Plodster

I was wondering How are the new trainee drivers going on their course that started at Chester on the 17th ????
All going ok - so far
Week 3 completed wrapping up train prep early next week
Luckily we had a fair bit of hands on time with 150s spare at Chester this week

Welshman1

Crewe mate! :D
Aww nice mate, bet you can’t wait ! How long was you waiting in the pool I feel I got a while before any courses are available as 3 started in January apparently

Are all course dates and offer by phone call, or are there some offer via email ?

Last edited:

owen306

That’s what you want.

By the ways guys just to let you all know I am starting a course on Monday 21st March. Just wondered if there is anyone else on here in the same position?
I’m starting on the 21st March too Mate. I can’t wait now. Will see you soon.

I’m starting on the 21st March too Mate. I can’t wait now. Will see you soon.
Sound. Will be good :D.

Aww nice mate, bet you can’t wait ! How long was you waiting in the pool I feel I got a while before any courses are available as 3 started in January apparently

Are all course dates and offer by phone call, or are there some offer via email ?
Had my interview in September and found out day after that I was in the pool. Got contacted in December for a medical so quite quick to be honest was surprised. What depot you in for?

owen306

Sound. Will be good :D.

Had my interview in September and found out day after that I was in the pool. Got contacted in December for a medical so quite quick to be honest was surprised. What depot you in for?
Same here mate, interview in September and got told just before Xmas about the course. I’m in for Crewe too. Can’t wait to get started now. Congratulations on passing everything.