• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjmw

Recently passed MMI anyone know how log they waited before being invited for a DMI?
Hi, just joined but been following for a while. I had my MMI on 4th Jan, got my pass result on the 5th and then on the 12th was invited to my DMI which is this Friday 26th (in Chester as N Wales based). Pleasantly quick, I had expected to wait longer.

Goosey

Had the email on the 5th Jan missed out as I didn’t see it until 30 minutes later ‍ email today one date available replied within 30seconds
I’m booked in for the computer and mmi on Monday 29th in Cardiff

Was this for Cardiff?
Yeah

Yeah repiled after 4 minutes hope i get it

Yeah replied after 4 minutes. Fingers crossed
Hopefully tbh waiting and watching for the emails coming through has been the most stressful part lol

I’m booked in for the computer and mmi on Monday 29th in Cardiff

Yeah

Hopefully tbh waiting and watching for the emails coming through has been the most stressful part lol
Just seen u other post crazy 4mins???

Last edited:

RL1985

I’m still waiting to get on assessment day, I’ve missed out 4 times so far. Replied in 3 minutes on one of them. It’s very frustrating. My first time applying so it’s all very new to me

SJTee

Recently passed the DMI in Cardiff, now in the talent pool. Can anyone confirm what next steps before I get a course? Medical, vetting etc? Also how often do courses come around?

RyanC87

Recently passed the DMI in Cardiff, now in the talent pool. Can anyone confirm what next steps before I get a course? Medical, vetting etc? Also how often do courses come around?
Should be too long. You'll go for a medical with a condition of passing that you'll get your start date.

Then vetting etc. You sign some forms, confirm ID etc.

Lots of courses in Cardiff this year. 16 in total. 2 have been taken for qualified drivers coming into the loco link.

But you'll get a course this year definitely.

SJTee

Should be too long. You'll go for a medical with a condition of passing that you'll get your start date.

Then vetting etc. You sign some forms, confirm ID etc.

Lots of courses in Cardiff this year. 16 in total. 2 have been taken for qualified drivers coming into the loco link.

But you'll get a course this year definitely.
Thanks for the response. Any idea what the medical entails?

Samzino

Good thing is the SJE isn't on itself marked as a pass or fail but combines with your 6 pre questions to form a score ontop of your actual mmi.

Will be probed on some of them aswell.

Goosey

Just had the email I’ve passed the computer tests and mmi on Monday in Cardiff :smile:

Got an email today been shortlisted. 2nd time lucky hopefully
So this is your second application? Where did u get to last time around? Good luck again for your computer tests and mmi mate 8-)

Last edited:

BOMPO83

Just had the email I’ve passed the computer tests and mmi on Monday in Cardiff :smile:

So this is your second application? Where did u get to last time around? Good luck again for your computer tests and mmi mate 8-)
I failed just on the dots last time. Thanks mate any tips ? Can you break down the day ? I'm working down the steelworks so my answers for mmi are all about safety and procedures

I failed just on the dots last time. Thanks mate any tips ? Can you break down the day ? I'm working down the steelworks so my answers for mmi are all about safety and procedures

Well done on passing to great news

Plodster

You can buy a book on line or print sheets off from the forum
Search Group Bourdon and practice practice practice
Its speed accuracy and consistency across the five pages on this test.